Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Biohazard/Resident Evil producer disses Sony and Square...

Capcom's Biohazard producer Mikami has made some strong criticisms toward Sony, Square and general customers in a recent radio program interview in Japan.

1. He mentioned that Sony makes their consoles easy to break to increase their installed base. He said the PS2 is selling so well because many people are buying a second one for replacement.

2. He said he has bought two sets of PlayStation and PlayStation 2 in the past, because the CD lens worn out quickly. When he played Super Robot Taisen on PS, it took one minute to load up each battle, he was so pissed off that he had to get a new PlayStation to play the game.

3. Other than PlayStation, he mentioned the current PC systems, walkman and Docomo cellphones are also easy to break, he said manufacturers purposely make the systems easier to break, so that customers would have to purchase a new one every one or two years. He said that how come no customers have complained about it? It's almost like cheating and committing a crime.... (the radio DJ interrupted the conversation.)

4. When asked "Do you think the customers are foolish?", he replied "Yes". He expressed that Square's Kingdom Hearts is selling so well because of "Aura Purchase", i.e. people buy this game because his/her friends are playing the same game, or really liked the game; dispute whether he/she likes the game or not. He said that Kingdom Hearts does not deserve the 780,000+ unit sales, it doesn't worth the 6800 yen price tag.

5. At last he said "Square please forgive me", because he was so angry that Kingdom Hearts has sold a whole lot more than Biohazard on GameCube (both games released at around the same time), he thinks Biohazard is a much better quality game, although Kingdom Hearts is not a bad game either.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Good stuff.

I personally think KH is a great game and deserves the high sales.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Biohazard on kiddy cube what does he expect?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Any credibility towards this so-called story?

Could you please back up this information with some reference other than what you supposedly heard on the radio? b/c what you heard, and what you're redirecting into this thread, maybe 2 completely different POV's.

Thanx

Thanks
    Karma Level

Well if Capcom has a problem with Gamecube sales they should have just stuck with Sony as they had before

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default rumour

There's a rumour flying around that Mikami is in talks with Nintendo to join their team to develop exclusive titles. Apparently, he's not pleased with the Capcom execs and over at Nintendo he'd get full freedom and funds.

It's well-known that Miyamoto and Mikami are friends and that they share the same philosophy and beliefs regarding videogames and the videogame industry in general.

Thanks
    Karma Level

well,

sony losses money on every console they sell, I don't think sony does this to increase userbase

Also Onimusha Serires own REsident Evil series, He needs to compare onimusha sales with kingdom hearts sales.

Thanks
    Karma Level

who cares, the resident evil games are old hat. The game has barely evolved since the days of the playstation. They can shove it up their arseholes.

Thanks
    Karma Level

good call...

resident evil hasn't evolved, or even improved since the psx debut.....

sure the gc version looks pretty, but it's the same rehashed bullshit...

the game is tired and worn.

he needs to be INNOVATIVE.....

hell, the whole industry needs to wake up and realize that 90% of the games now a days are pure rehash....

what they don't realize is that alot of the shit that used to sell, won't..... the people like me, who grew up with mario, and donkey kong, metroid, etc, really want something new.....

IMO, I won't bother with the gamecube, because they have RUINED decent franchises.....

metroid - should ALWAYS be side scroller...AT LEAST they can do a 3d side scroller like the new contra for ps2...

zelda - Link looks like he's 8 .... he looks like that kid off home improvement.... why not make it like they showed originally? 3d rendered with amazing environments and character detail....

i dunno....

it seems like all these 70 year old japs are deciding what's good for the 20+ish yr old demographic.

what nintendo needs to do,is get GAMERS, who are interested in GAMEPLAY, rather than buisness ethics and bullshit arguments over sales figures.

same goes with sony and M$ ... they need to listen, rather than tell us what we want..

Thanks
    Karma Level

I personally love how the Resident Evil series is going. It is so fun everytime I play one of those games. Never gets boring for me. How does the saying go, if it ain't broke don't fix it? Same goes with Tekken. I just wish Resident Evil 2/3 for GameCube are remakes instead of just silly ports.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Resident evil is bollocks, I loved the first one, got bored of the second one got even more bored of the third one and fuck knows what number we are on to now, like 5 or some shit? And what is the difference besides the graphics? NOTHING not a fucking thing. The game is old news and Nicotine was 100% right, fuck this shit and tell that jap bastard to get his finger out his arse and make an online version of it with a battle mode or something worth doing, and i dont mean like resident evil gun survivor. OMFG what a fucking WASTE!!! arh id love to strangle the BASTARD that ok'd that game. I hope he rots in fucking HELL

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by testarossa
    Biohazard on kiddy cube what does he expect?
    My exact thoughts....as much as people that have cubes like to fight it, the cube does come off as a kiddy console... Anyone wanna play Mario Sunshine?

Thanks
    Karma Level

KH is awesome, at first I didn't like it, but once I got into the style and got past all the kiddy looking stuff, it is a really fun game. Gamecube is marketed for little kids, so is there really any question to why this game isn't selling as well?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by MaXDCC
    ...Anyone wanna play Mario Sunshine?
    Actually, yes I do.

I also don't care that Link looks like he's 8 if the game is fun to play.

I didn't like moving Mario to 3D on the N64, but once I played it..surprise, it was fun. A lot of fun, in fact. It was definitely more fun than the supposedly "fresh and new" Crash Bandicoot/Spyro crap platformers Sony was putting out.

Same with Zelda64 - I wanted a bigger version of the SNES game, but what I got was some 3D semi-first-person dungeon crawl about a guy with a flute. Man, I didn't like that at all - until I played it. Then I couldn't put the controller down.

I can't see how this new Metroid can be as much fun as Super Metroid. It looks like a bad Quake2 mod. BUT, as in the past, I have a feeling Nintendo will figure out a way to make it pretty damn fun.

As for RE on the cube, if you played the PSX version, it seemed silly to play the new one for better graphics alone. But I guess if you're a fan...

Thanks
    Karma Level

I love resident evil games, things have changed some (the story, the graphics, some of the characters/enemies. Though, there really hasn't been a big chance yet other than that crap Resident Evil Gun Survivor 1/2 those were just a joke. There is going to be a Resident Evil Online for ps2, I have no idea when it going to be released, but I hope to god it's not like GunSurvivor. Also, going to be Resident Evil 4. I'd like to know why the fuck this Japanese bastard is so interested in if sony makes there consoles to break, or not. He needs to worry about his own business and hurry his ass up with Resident Evil 4/Online. GC really sucks, I can't understand how there still making games unless there in debt. I figure they would have learned after making the mistake of having nothing, but kiddie games on the N64. Super Mario, Metroid, Zelda are all nice games, but kiddie games is all the variety they have to choose from. Unlike Sony, and Microsoft which have many varieties that every1 likes something on the system.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I personally like the Resident Evil series, and yes it has stalled, i beleive that Capcom has made a major error making it on the "Kiddie Cube". After all, Resident Evil had it's fanbase on the ps what were they thinking by changing platforms anyway,??? "Hey our game is good enough to make it on any platform"???? What a major fumble on their behalf. If the series has stalled, at least they could have stayed with the tried and true console it debuted on. Tehy make demographics seem like chinese arithmatic.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I believe the reason why capcom choose gc or ps2 for resident evil is because they believe ps2 cannot achieve such pretty graphic as on gc. Or maybe the producer(the guy who critize sony) really hates sony. Anyway, I think if this is a move that make people see how real resident evil can be, then perhaps this is a good move. If they really want to earn money, I think this is a stupid move. I am a ps2 owner and I am disappointed that they make RE excludsive for gc. By the way, what do you guys think if capcom makes RE on ps2? How pretty could it look compare to the gc version? I will say will be around 80-90 percent of the gc version. Ps2 rules!!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

First of all I have liked the Resident evil games, but the reason I think it didn't do as good as kingdom hearts is that it's the same ole shit. The controls sucks ass, and all they did was add pretty graphcis and a few little scenes. Big deal, overall it's the same game and most people have already played through it and don't want to waste the money to look at pretty graphcis when there are fun games out. Also, to you cube and mario hates, piss off. You guys don't know shit about fun games. I just bought Mario Sunshine and think it is a spectacular game, oh wait, so do all the game reviewers who are made up of mostly older people. You jackasses need to boaden your horizens. I love all kinds of games. Right now I'm playing Mario on GC, Socom and Mark of Kri on PS2, and NFL2K3, Dead to Rights, Sega GT, and Halo (online) on Xbox. I also play a lot of games on all my older systems. You guys need to grow up without growing up.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Gamecube don't have enough variety that's why most of the people don't like it. On ps2 if i felt like killing people I could pop in GTA3, SOCUM, State of Emergency, Dynasty Warriors 3. If i felt like playing sports i could pop in Rugby, basketball, baseball, football, hockey, cricket. If i felt like playing puzzle games, racing games, dancing games, and many more varieties. Theres something for every1 on ps2 unlike Gamecube. On Gamecube practically all you got is Mario type games (which I like, but not gonna buy a system just for nothing but those kinds of games).