Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default The Solution to ALL S-Box clicking! (long post)

Hi guys! My first post.. and I'm telling you its a great one for all S-Box owners!

A couple of days ago I got Auto Modellista. I was not very happy that it didn't work well with the S-box. Terrible slowdowns and so when the S-Box is turned on. Well for me, I can't have the S-Box in off position cause then my PS2 won't read a thing, just clicking, spinning up and grinding the CD.

Well today I thought, "what the heck". I went to the local electronics shop and bought a 1 uf 50v capacitator. I read in a few posts that this would help (thanks JoeyDDR).

So I took my PS2 apart (for the millionth time ) and soldered the cap onto the 1 wire inside the PS2 that the S-Box ships with. Just cut the wire in the middle. The negative (-) side of the cap goes to point A and the positive (+) point goes to point B. (+ side towards the USB end). Then i just put the PS2 together again, and guess what... it reads Auto Modellista smoooooooooooth as a spinning engine when the S-Box is turned off. No more laser adjusting, no more "white cog" adjusting. Its working perfectly! Now i MUST turn the S-Box OFF as soon as any backup has booted, but its working like a charm! I also have a couple of other games that does not like the S-Box in ON mode, and all those games work perfectly too! (f.e THPS3, V-Rally 3, Downforce and a few others)

So this is for all you that have the S-Box mod and want perfect results! buy a capacitator!!!!

Sorry for the long story but I just got so wound up when Auto Modellista works GRRRREAT! BTW I have a PAL V4 PS2 if anyone wonders.
    /G.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Can you please show us a picture of the "Just cut the wire in the middle. The negative (-) side of the cap goes to point A and the positive (+) point goes to point B. (+ side towards the USB end)" Because im one of those newbies who cant understand by reading, need pics Thanks

Thanks
    Karma Level

VERY SWEET I cant wait to try this out!!! Hey here is a link to the capacitor I found. Is this the one I need?

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...roduct_ID=1006

Please let me know. Also in that pic it does not look like there is a - and + end to it. But I am prob wrong.

Thanks For the post!!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

well actually its not that hard

You know the 1 wire that you solder inside the PS2 for the S-Box/Neokey? Just take a pair of scissors or a knife.. cut the wire in the middle... then you expose the wire-ends, solder in the Capacitator and your'e good to go!

Also just letting you know that I don't take responsabilty if anything should happen to your Ps2's if you decide to try if... but I'm telling you... It works!!!

/G.

Thanks
    Karma Level

TooHuge... that looks like the correct one... mine doesn't look exactly the same, but I guess not everyone does

And don't worry bout the - & + ... It should say which is which on it. I had some black stripes that told me, "this is the - side"

/G.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Well, the Neokey/S-box/USBMod is supposed to have a 1uF 50V cap installed in it already...the way u did it is cool cuz it's the same way it is on the inside (if built right)...

The way I build the ones I sell, is i connect the cap between pin #2 and pin #6 of the 12c508a on the inside of the box...so all u have to do is solder the link wire in and the signal coming from pin #6 (usb point inside ps2) to pin #2 (SCEX signal point) is cut down from 5V to 3.3V, problem solved...it's the same thing u did by cutting the link wire and putting the cap in between the link wire that u soldered...the usb point of the link wire is sending the signal to the scex point u soldered and ur just cutting the signal down, this saves ur laser in the long run too...

I think installing the cap in the modbox in the 1st place is easier, that's the only reason i posted this..

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yenghead:

Ahh. OK, I was thinking of doing that in the first place, but i could't even take my S-Box apart... I mean the front cover comes off, but the box itself I have no idea how to disassemble Anyway, "capping" the linkwire is not hard for a newbie like me, so I guess anyone can do that too

/G.

Thanks
    Karma Level

woah... i think my Neo Key came like this because whenever the game starts to boot it makes the clicking noise and i turn off the Neo key and the noise goes away and the game runs smooth. Or is the neo key and sbox different?

Thanks
    Karma Level

I had alot of problams with my Sbox until i started using high qeuality cds, now everything works smooth... just get a TDK, or if they sell them in the US - Silverline. the best qeuality cd, and it's dirt cheap.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yomaster... well it has nothing to do with the CD quality in this case. I use TDK reflex CD's myself and always burn in 2x speed. If you read the Auto Modellista thread you'll see that a lot of the peeps with S-Boxes has trouble with Auto Modellista.

/G.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: The Solution to ALL S-Box clicking! (long post)

Originally posted by Gnauser
    Hi guys! My first post.. and I'm telling you its a great one for all S-Box owners!

A couple of days ago I got Auto Modellista. I was not very happy that it didn't work well with the S-box. Terrible slowdowns and so when the S-Box is turned on. Well for me, I can't have the S-Box in off position cause then my PS2 won't read a thing, just clicking, spinning up and grinding the CD.

Well today I thought, "what the heck". I went to the local electronics shop and bought a 1 uf 50v capacitator. I read in a few posts that this would help (thanks JoeyDDR).

So I took my PS2 apart (for the millionth time ) and soldered the cap onto the 1 wire inside the PS2 that the S-Box ships with. Just cut the wire in the middle. The negative (-) side of the cap goes to point A and the positive (+) point goes to point B. (+ side towards the USB end). Then i just put the PS2 together again, and guess what... it reads Auto Modellista smoooooooooooth as a spinning engine when the S-Box is turned off. No more laser adjusting, no more "white cog" adjusting. Its working perfectly! Now i MUST turn the S-Box OFF as soon as any backup has booted, but its working like a charm! I also have a couple of other games that does not like the S-Box in ON mode, and all those games work perfectly too! (f.e THPS3, V-Rally 3, Downforce and a few others)

So this is for all you that have the S-Box mod and want perfect results! buy a capacitator!!!!

Sorry for the long story but I just got so wound up when Auto Modellista works GRRRREAT! BTW I have a PAL V4 PS2 if anyone wonders.
    /G.

becuase you are a newbie....you dont know that this kind of info has been around FOREVER!!!!!!!!! i cant beleive im going to be the first to flame....

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Re: The Solution to ALL S-Box clicking! (long post)

Originally posted by NeCo
    becuase you are a newbie....you dont know that this kind of info has been around FOREVER!!!!!!!!! i cant beleive im going to be the first to flame....
    I cant beleive i am the first to flame you... the guy is a noobie yes...so he doesnt know, SO DONT FREAKIN FLAME HIM. That quote of what you said is a flame toward yourself because it shows how stupid you are. Keep at those books and soon you will pass middle school my friend, soon.

Thanks
    Karma Level

It must be specific to the PS2. I got an NTSC V5 and the sbox makes no clicking noise. I actually put in 4 different capacitors trying to get the sbox to work (I actually used the search button in this forum b4 I installed the sbox) and all they did was incapacitate the sbox itself. I ripped it all out and lo and behold, it worked fine on its own with no clicking noise.
    As for media, I use Office Depot branded ones with no troubles burning at max speed the media can handle. I never had problems with the sbox+auto modellista.
    Maybe I'm lucky ...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yes, stupid guy, maybe everyone should know about this but at least he is the only one to share the information.....so please don't waste our time by posting this kind of reply.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by raiden99
    Yes, stupid guy, maybe everyone should know about this but at least he is the only one to share the information.....so please don't waste our time by posting this kind of reply.

WHAT!!!!???? only one to share that info??? omg... and btw how do you flame me grimfull, ive seen your stupid ass flame for just about every topic... and the thing about the middle school thing??? pretty gay id say, speak for yourself... im sure YOU are still in school. while i am not. so its time for you to shut the fuck up

Thanks
    Karma Level

AH AH AH AH AH !!!!. Listen young boy, i'm a fucking 10 years experienced Unix System & Oracle administrator ... Maybe you want to fight ? You want to compare ? i think you're going to lose your time .... In my job the first thing we learn is sharing information .... not flaming the ones who try to learn ... at school .... AH AH AH AH AH !!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Re: Re: The Solution to ALL S-Box clicking! (long post)

Originally posted by Grimfull

I cant beleive i am the first to flame you... the guy is a noobie yes...so he doesnt know, SO DONT FREAKIN FLAME HIM. That quote of what you said is a flame toward yourself because it shows how stupid you are. Keep at those books and soon you will pass middle school my friend, soon.
    Hey man, the guys are right, this guy is a newbie maybe and maybe many sbox owners too... so they havent seen the threads from before SO SHUT THE FUCK UP AND DONT FLAME HIM!!!! he is fucking making things easier here, im with u grimfull fuck that guy in the asses of both his fathers

Thanks
    Karma Level

Ok to clear things up a little ...

Im definately not a n00b regarding the Modchip/Ps2 scene. I've been watching the modchips evolve for about a year now However I am a newbie when it comes to soldering, and thats what i meant with:

-Anyway, "capping" the linkwire is not hard for a newbie like me, so I guess anyone can do that too.-

Now the reason I made the post in the first place was to help people with S-Box problems and to make the procedure of the capacitator installation as understandable as possible. I read the Auto Modellista thread and a lot of people had the slow motion prob when the S-Box was in ON mode. And I wanted to solve this since I could'nt have my S-Box in OFF mode at all before clicking & seeking problems appeared. I know it was posted before, but I wanted to renew the info and try to be as specific as possible... thats all. And thanks to the people defending my ass !

ok flame on

/G.

Thanks
    Karma Level

First of all, my neo key came with the capacitor already between the wires, and secondly, as soon as the screen goes black after the dvdrom sounds likes its spinning, turn the sbox OFF, otherwise, you'll hear clicking forever.

Thanks
    Karma Level

im a stupid noobie.

i've got a new sbox - works fine and all. But I'm unable to turn it off at any black screen.... If I do - it starts clicking and searching and won't load.

Basically - I leave the SBOX on all the time, and it works fine.

so.. what's right and wrong?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast