Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I formated my HH last night, and installed fresh RFM release,its bootable. And I had no problems whatsoever, smooth and simple.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by hoover33
    Does ANYBODY still burn with CDRWIN (the first program that used bin files as far as I know)? Everybody always wants to convert their bin or extract or or burn it with some other stupid new program... just use CDRWIN like intended!!! I don't know wtf a "bin error" is, but I know that when I have a bin file I burn it with CDRWIN and it works. I've never in my life even heard of checking a bin file for "errors" and trust me I've probably downloaded close to 1000 bin files...
    I agree that CDR-Win should be used to burn these bin files...but checking bin files for errors has nothing to do with converting bin to anything else. It just verifies that the image is in good standing. So checking bin files for "errors" is still necessary. Just cause CDR-Win burns a cd fine or any program doesn't mean that it's 100% accurate. Errors can be lying around in the cd and won't be noticed until the sector where there error is accessed.

Thanks
    Karma Level

one word to the "experts" here.

you can burn bin/cue images with nero without a problem.
    i burn all bin images with nero and had NEVER a problem.

so why should i install cdrwin?
    cdrwin is outdated and only usefull for burning bin files.

but nero does the same and much more.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Burned the Proper release with CDRWin (why for ***** Jesus Christ burn with anything else??!!), changed in BIOS setting
    to boot up from CD first and set(!) IDE CDRom-settings to AUTO-detect (very important).

Cd in drive and... system did boot up with it!
    Installed Windows XP 100% with absolutely no problems! O YEAH!

Thanks
    Karma Level

boot from cd install it
    everything runs fine

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default somewhat OT

I couldn;t find another thread regarding the SP, has anyone else goten the pimpsRus SP1 working with DevilsOwn ver? ?

I just got me the pimpsRus and im in reach of the RMF integrated but the DO ver works good for me just want to get a hacked SP 1 that works on the DO. any input will help

Thanks
    Karma Level

I downloaded "Microsoft.Windows.XP.Corporate.Edition.SP1.Intergrated.PROPER-RFM" and burnt it with Nero v5.5.9.9, formated my computer, booted up with the cd (the boot WORKS!) and installed it without any problems!

This is a great release!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Anyone know what happens when you try to use the normal WinXP SP1 over an installed FCKGW (DevilsOwn) WInXP?

Thanks
    Karma Level

seems like everyone got this release, i got the pimps release of JUST this sp1 update..

heh saved my self 200 megs!! yay.. *boo*

btw, i use easy cd creator. wox perfectly for me. Use winiso to turn .bin to .iso then burn!

Though i do have Nero, i dont find it very stable though..(got the latest version)

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: somewhat OT

Originally posted by theycallMe
    I couldn;t find another thread regarding the SP, has anyone else goten the pimpsRus SP1 working with DevilsOwn ver? ?

I just got me the pimpsRus and im in reach of the RMF integrated but the DO ver works good for me just want to get a hacked SP 1 that works on the DO. any input will help
    Don't need a hacked sp1 update to update the Devils0wn release. Just unregister your current installation, change the serial using a valid serial or generated key and then reregister it again. Works fine. Although, what I noticed is that if you have unregistered the two files that Antispy detects; regwizc.dll and licdll.dll it won't allow you to install SP1. So if you have done that, just reregister it again by typing run and at the prompt type regsvr regwizc.dll and then regsvr licdll.dll. After your installation, you can always unregister those two files again manually or running AntiSpy again. Hope that helps.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Voltes, thanks man that great info. Though im wondering on hoe to unregister my Devilsown copy. Do I have to use the command like this: regsvr32 filename.dll /u with the two files you mentioned or is there a simpler way ?

Thanks m8

Thanks
    Karma Level

See hxxp://www.tweaktown.com/document.php?dType=guide&dId=350 article on how to upgrade Devilsown WinXP to Service Pack 1.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Parazite... Your my pal. Let me buy you a drink

Thanks
    Karma Level

This iso does have like 100k bin error's
    please repack and test it ...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by Voltes-V

I agree that CDR-Win should be used to burn these bin files...but checking bin files for errors has nothing to do with converting bin to anything else. It just verifies that the image is in good standing. So checking bin files for "errors" is still necessary. Just cause CDR-Win burns a cd fine or any program doesn't mean that it's 100% accurate. Errors can be lying around in the cd and won't be noticed until the sector where there error is accessed.
    This is SO true! If you can burn and install this release, it doesn't mean that the release is 100% OK. The bin errors are copied on your burned cd and you install them on your pc. One thing is sure, I don't want bin errors in my O.S.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yes but has anyone checked that window update works with these releases or do you get the 'no updates for your computer. check back later message'?

Thanks
    Karma Level

windows update is running fine as everything
    do you see this nuked somewhere? ....so this release is 100% ok

Thanks
    Karma Level

I also have the Microsoft.Windows.XP.Corporate.Edition.SP1.Intergrated.PROPER-RFM - release...
    first i sfv-checked the packed files and everything wuz ok...
    after that i extracted it (with winrar3corp.) and mounted it with with deamontolls 3.17 and checked it with CD-Check (v. 3.0.1.43) and i got several thousand errormessages...
    after that i've burned that image with nero 5.5.8.2 and checked the cd with cdcheck and now i had NO errors...
    also installed the system on a friends comp (i hate xp...(use win2k:-)) next day and it worked fine!
    so everything ist fine with this release!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Well,

Despite believing that some of you guys burned and installed it with no problems, truth is that this release is fucked up, no doubt about it, coz at least 50% of ppl that leeched it doesnt get to burn it properly.

I'm using W2k SP2 and tried with Nero5.5.9.0, with Nero5.5.9.9, with Cdrwin3.8G, with Cdrwin3.9B, with Cdrwin's internal aspi, with adaptec's aspi 4.70, with adaptec's aspi 4.71 and nothing .... only 7 cd's into the trash.

Then I followed the advice from some1 above and converted the .bin into .iso using winiso 5.3.0.125. After that burned with nero and everything went fine (cd works and it's bootbale).

Btw, in cd there are 6.625 files in 157 folders with a total of 530.877.016 bytes.

Cya

Thanks
    Karma Level

i installed the RFM rls and i got an error or two, it booted fine but was looking for a file when installing, i just hit skip and it seemed to install just fine

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast