Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Divine Divinity

Thanks
    Karma Level

By that logic you could easily say that games don't need to bother with good graphics. Heck, they don't really change anything about the way the game is played, seems pretty "pointless" to me. Of course, it's a rather ludicrous statement to make, considering how many games are judged based on graphics.

Interactivity with a game world is generally a good thing, imo. ESPECIALLY in a role playing game. The more a world seems to be realistic, the easier it is to really get into it. So calling it "pointless" is somewhat incorrect.

Bh

Thanks
    Karma Level

http://www.gamesxtreme.net/features.php?id=536

Check that out - Another great review, this time giving the game a 98%! If ya haven't grabbed it yet, I'd recommend doing so.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Where/how do you solve the quest where theres one healing stone, and you need to duplicate it so that theres two of them to save both peoples lives?

Thanks
    Karma Level

That's not exactly a fair comparison. Sure, I'd love it if they spent more time on bugs/plot holes, etc. But games that don't have "immersion" have just as many bugs/plot holes, so obviously it's not simply a "time" issue.

Nor is your example of a "sword weilding barbarian washing dishes" realistic in any sense. Somehow because there are plates and silverware that means you are required to wash them? I guess you don't see any reason for axes, maces, bows, etc in the game either, because your "sword weilding barbarian" has no use for them.

Bh

Thanks
    Karma Level

I think the point fros tryin to make is why waste time implementing such a feature into a game when it really serves no use?

Barbarians have no need to wash dishes - thats true.
    Some people, though, might just want to do this. In a role playing game, immersion is an important factor and if the ability to interact with everything in your environment adds to immersion, why complain? The developer obviously put thought into the decisions made in the game, and they've released a game as close to what they imagined as possible. If it's not what you want, simply don't play it.

Thanks
    Karma Level

There's a magic mirror and a book or manuscript in an abandoned building in the starting town that will tell you how to use the mirror in duplicating the healing gem.

There's a bad bug in this game when you use items that increase your sight. I switched between a bow that gave me +3 sight and a dagger. I think everytime I switched between them using the hotkeys it would take away my sight when I switched to the dagger, but not give the 3 back when I switched to the bow. Now, my character is pretty much blind. He can't see NPCs at all and the fog of war never clears when I walk through it. This should only be a problem with weapons since that's the only equipment that you might be switching often.

Thanks
    Karma Level

While i see the point being made, I think that if you think they went around and did a table setting individually for every table in the game and wasted tons of time doing so....Well they'd have to be pretty stupid developers. likely the table and settings is a single prop, they do it once for each differing table and that's it, then just place the table so i really don't think it took as much time as you seem to be purporting.

It's a useless little detail sure, it really adds nothing to the game as a whole, but the fact that you CAN do it adds something to the game. it's better than most games where it's all a single bitmap textured onto a flat object.

Thanks
    Karma Level

lol i just found an AWSOME BUG , well this is what i did i saved just when my ghoul protector died and for some reason when i loaded that part again he was dieing , not dieing , dieing , not dieing and my skills selection bonus was ..... 128!!! not only that but my experience bonus was 250! great for me lol.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Ok I have just one question. Is there a damn horse or something u can travel faster with (those damn teleporters that belong to mages, dwarves...etc. suck) cause I'm sick of running around. This reminds me of some game...MORROWIND.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Some guy gave me a flying carpet , ive yet to make it work though :|

Thanks
    Karma Level

A combination of the pyramids and teleporters works pretty well for me. I just leave one of the pyramids at a teleporter.

Good luck with that flying carpet...

Thanks
    Karma Level

I got that flying carpet, but I never made it to work. It's probably fake cause all stuff that that guy sells doesn't work (I tried the dagger too, but didn't wanna go for the mirror).

Thanks
    Karma Level

could anyone please tell me how to charm my items????
    I've found some kind of things that can be used to add bonuses to items, but how do i use them, and do I need the Enchant item skill to use them???
    Thorough explanation needed! me is stupid!

Thanks
    Karma Level

All of that guys items are fake, but, if you buy them all, he'll train you in the Trader's Tongue skill.

To enchant an item, double click on an item that says, "Charm Quality: ." Then, place the charm into the slot. Yes, you need the skill.

A patch for this game was just released as well.

Thanks
    Karma Level

sounds interestings....anyone know trhe retial price on this game? If it's cheap, I wont bother downloading first....

Thanks
    Karma Level

By the way there is this garden near Rivertown (don't know the name) created by some magician. I got the key for it, solved the test the statue has for me, but the merchant Blake says there is some hidden treasure in the garden. I looked everywhere but can't find any portal or entrance that would lead to a secret vault or something. Can anyone help me with this one?

Thanks
    Karma Level

edit: got it, thx anyways Defir

I have another question, how do you expose George is muder, is it somewhere in the starting town?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Did you kill all the frogs in the pond in the garden? That opens a portal....How did you activate the statue? I click on it and nothing happens.

To pick up the pyramid (and other things), drag it to your inventory.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by Defir
    Did you kill all the frogs in the pond in the garden? That opens a portal....How did you activate the statue? I click on it and nothing happens.

To pick up the pyramid (and other things), drag it to your inventory.
    Well I click on frogs nothing happens, I tried hitting them with lightning or meteor strike or hitting em with sword, but the character doesn't do anything.

EDIT: as for the statue, i just clicked on it and that was it, started talking with it

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by Defir

A patch for this game was just released as well.
    That patch is not for the English version.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast