Close

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Divine Divinity

Thanks
    Karma Level

I would run from the drummer if you're a low level unless you have Deadly Trap and a scorpion trap...Or, if you have poison weapon, you can take him down pretty easily.

You can't activate the teleporter until you get the activation scroll. Just keep playing. You'll know when you get it.

Thanks
    Karma Level

the scorpion trap is definitely fux0red, deadly gift@ LVL 1 and the scorpion is already at lvl 100. I used 5 scorpions @lvl 300 on a dragon rider, took him out in 1 second.

Thanks
    Karma Level

For the most difficult situations, use the cage spell that you can steal from the wizard seller in the merchant area (ask the actor to play, and pay him, the wizard will go out to listen and run inside, to the left on a table there is the spell).

It works like a charm for these drumers.

PS: It is the second time I can't save ("s" does nothing and "Save" is desactivated in the main menu) without reasons. Seems a bug or a protection, anyone with the same problem?

Thanks
    Karma Level

People may call this unbalanced, but I'd rather say the level system is... I mean, I'm a fast ranger, and I easily outrun the heavy plated armored guys, and from the distance, I use either my crossbow or my longbow, and take them out. The AI though is pretty stupid, because it runs straight for you, and sometimes try to evade the arrows. But they run after you for like... forever. I took out the entire castle (where the guards are dominated) ... pretty easy... run inside, run out... take them out from the distance. Maybe the amount of XP should DECREASE for monsters when you gain levels?... That's how it's done on other RPG's.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by Kalabera

PS: It is the second time I can't save ("s" does nothing and "Save" is desactivated in the main menu) without reasons. Seems a bug or a protection, anyone with the same problem?
    Divine Divinity has detected a potential problem w/ the story content of your game. A scene which started at least 10 minutes ago did not end, which might indicate some data got corrupted. For this reason, the gamedata cannot be saved.

Then it goes on telling you to reload and everything will be fine. Happened to me once, during the graveyard scene. I entered the tombs looking for the girl, the scene started, then I realized I was too low for this area, so I left. I think you are required to complete that otherwise it considers it corrupt, and probably other parts of the game do that also.

Kind of sucks, but I suppose if you start a cutscene relating to a quest, FINISH IT! Otherwise the game hates you.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by fisk
    People may call this unbalanced, but I'd rather say the level system is... I mean, I'm a fast ranger, and I easily outrun the heavy plated armored guys, and from the distance, I use either my crossbow or my longbow, and take them out. The AI though is pretty stupid, because it runs straight for you, and sometimes try to evade the arrows. But they run after you for like... forever. I took out the entire castle (where the guards are dominated) ... pretty easy... run inside, run out... take them out from the distance. Maybe the amount of XP should DECREASE for monsters when you gain levels?... That's how it's done on other RPG's.
    Just to let u know amount of XP decreases the more you lvl up. For skeletons I used to get about 200 xp when i started, now i get nothing.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by D4rkKnight
    Am I supposed to do this catacombs dungeon at like level 3-5? Those skeleton guards (Big skellys) and the conjurors kill me in like 2 hits. I'm a warrior and something tells me I'm too low to be there, but the little skellys are a joke.
    I was unsure about this too, but it is supposed to be the first dungeon of the game. In general, the appropriate level really depends on what type of character you have.

I'm playing a survivor. I kept getting wasted by the big skeleton things until I got a bow. Then, they were a piece of cake, since I could just run, shoot, run, shoot, etc, and they would never even be able to hit me. It wouldn't matter what level I was at.

I'm guessing that it would probably be similar for a mage as well. Just run around shooting meteors or something.

Really, the warrior is probably the hardest character to use for the skeleton things, since your best defense is probably just a really strong offense. I'm not sure what I would do in your situation. Maybe you should pick up a magic spell or two.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yeah I did, that fireball spell. Does 20dmg/hit or so and takes like 4 mana to cast, as a warrior I have a 30 mana pool so it helps alot.

I'm good now, not having any more difficulty problems except where I should be having them (Running down to the barracks and sieged town at level 3, I think I can assume a total slaughter)

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Trainer

Here's the trainer for all of you guys who loves to be god.

http://plaza.ufl.edu/mrgodai/DIVINE....R-DEViANCE.rar

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by Travisw111
    How the hell do you activate the teleporter outside of Aleroth? I got both pyramid portal stones, and I tried placing them on it but that didn't work. Oh and I can't kill the orc war drummer, hes 10 times harder than the chief is. I'm level 10 and he rapes my ass. He chops me 3 times and I'm dead, not to mention the fact that he can heal himself instantly by beating on his stupid drum.
    Pyramids are not linked to the teleporters in any way, it is just another way to travel quickly.

To activate them, you need scrolls that will be given to you (first is just by following the road south to Aleroth...

For the drummers, see my post above: use a cage spell (am a warrior too) that you can steal also in the merchant area.

And don't hesitate to roam the country to gain XP before entering the more difficult areas (keep the abbey for much later).

Thanks
    Karma Level

The spell there is random, not always cage. The wizard sometimes sells random spellbooks, too. Not sure how/when shop inventory replenishes.

The only useful spells for a mage:

meteor strike (main attack)
    deadly discs (for fire immunes)
    skeleton wall
    demon summon
    shields (1pt each)

The rest take too much mana...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Another useful magic for mage...or all the class.

Elemental Hail
    Demonoid aid
    lightning

Thanks
    Karma Level

ummm...mine won't install. I get an error message when the first cd is installing: "The file divine divinity\run\unrar.log cannot be opened."

I'm using Fireburner. Maybe you have a suggestion before I throw the fuckin cd's away.

I never installed Nero because I have EZcd creator on my computer and I guess Nero won't work right even if I uninstall ezcd creator. Least that's what I read about six months ago on Nero's website.

This is the first prob I've had and it just happens to be after I installed a new burner BTC. Oh btw the other two cd's seemed to be fine as after the lock up on cd one a message asked me for cd 2, it installed then asked for game cd and that one installed. I get an error message after I accept the game settings on the setup menu and I can't enter the game.

My settings on firebuner are:
    1.session at once
    2.leave session open
    3.autoconnect sub-channel

Well I hope that's enough info. I wasn't going to get this game until I read all the positive remarks on this thread, I'm just not sure if I want to run out and buy it if it's not my cup of tea. Some of you ar3en't as enthusiastic as others of you, which always seems to be the case anyway come to think of it.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345