Close

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by Eminem2k1

i pray that your joking! if not download 'winzip' lol.
    Um i have winzip, but everytime i tried to.. well extract it wouldn't let me cuz it said something about "span" files or some shit like that, asking me to insert disk 1 or something. It was weird (to me, excuuuuuuuusseee me uber 1337 people) so i got the big exe instead.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I totally agree, this game is to much like quake 3.
    (and it' a bad thing)

Just hope the mod community will salvage the game....

btw the announcer is totally annoying.....

Thanks
    Karma Level

Sweet! grabbing it ASAP, hope thos epic boys did something about performence, cuz we already knew it looked great

Thanks
    Karma Level

Well well well, i know this is not the thread but EA's got some explaining to do about BF1942's performance. UT2003 runs REAL REAL SMOOTH and the graphics are much more detailed then BF, what gives?!?! They better do some tweaking to BF or i'll stick with UT

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by x__MJ__x
    game is fucking buggy....

i keep getting errors when im playin and it knocks me out of the game.. Shitty.
    yea no joke..quit on me with my radeon 7000..but ran fine on another comp with a gf3..what gives?

and i agree on the quake thing..this game feels way too much like that and it sucks

Thanks
    Karma Level

BF engine performance wise blows...jeez I average 2-5fps during a battle with say 8 people on screen on my P3 700.

It goes so slow its like im looking at screenshots, not actually playing.

Yes a p3 700 is old, but not THAT old, espiecially when I'm running a G4 4200 and 512 ram.

UT2k3, 16 people on screen, 20fps.

Thanks
    Karma Level

The place on screen where messages are sucks compared to UT. I'm so used to looking in the upper left to see who killed who and stuff. I barely notice now, its annoying.

ALso the hud kinda sucks, but I think i just need to get adjusted to it.

The announcer is LAME. Every 3 seconds 'red flag dropped' 'red flag taken' etc. I'd rather hear the chick announcer that was in some earlier builds. I don't mind the "reward" messages that were in UT, like head shot! killing spree and stuff. There's some new ones I think, I only played for about an hour.

Another thing that annoyed me was I couldn't tell when if I was hitting a person or what. It might be because I have the graphics set low and am Missing some blood squirts or something.

The new combo sucks. The timing for it is totally different from UT. I guess its just another thing I'll have to get used to. It's gonna be hard to adapt though after playing Ut for almost 3 yrs.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Wow! Boy does this game suck! This is the biggest Quake 3 rip off I've ever seen! It is so unspeakably an attempt to copy Quake 3 its not even funny(which is incredibly sad because Q3 sux too), with the lightening guns and all. This is NOTHING like the original UT! No Assault mod??? Where is it? The voices in this game are so funny all my friends were laughing their asses off when they heard me playing it. They were making fun of it instantly when they heard the moronic clown announcer scream, "Red flag taken! Red flag returned!!!!" 10 times in less then 30 seconds! I felt like I was at a used car lot or a circus hearing this guy. What a shame, and to think I was so looking forward to this game. I won't even bother downloading the full game when it gets released. Anyone who likes this game must be 12 and never played anything else.

I guess I'll just have to keep waiting for Doom 3 and Serious Sam 3...sigh

Thanks
    Karma Level

yey, just played the goddamn game for 2 hours. What can i say.. the game is 'ok'. I mean nothin bad, nothin real cool.

I was hyped up about the dynamics of the game (the dead body's falling of the stairs and so one) but in this pace of the game i can hardly enjoy it! I think the optimum speed of weapons, movement was in quake1.. yep. They should set it like in q1. That would be good.

The game is *fast* real fast. Well, i hope they make something out in the full version. Epic is probally listening to feedback like mad now, that's why they rls'ed the goddamn demo . Well i say - reduce the speed of the game by 15% Maybe 20%.

And the lighning gun... it suckz, Why did they put two direct hit weapons? 1 should have been ok.. like the railgun in q2. Best direct weapon ever. U could feel it blow the guys. And the same with the stupid machine gun. Its all like toys. Plastic toys if ya know what i mean.

The internet code is really GOOD. I mean, at ping 120 i was nearly feeling like on LAN. *Good work* guys with the latency shit. UT was always known for the good net code.

Well, i probally buy the game since there is no decent fpp game to play nowadays and i guess it will be fun. And im still saying, this is just a goddamn DEMO that is 100meg packed. Still some good shit

Thanks
    Karma Level

I like the demo it's quite good, it run very well on my pentium III 700mhz in 1024x768 details normal/high. The graphic engine is quite impressive.

But, the FUCKING ANNOUCER SUCK BAD I HATE THAT.

btw Kerin, you can change the speed of the game in the options menu. i'm playing in 85% speed

Thanks
    Karma Level

Auto aim is enabled in single player by default, that might cause some confusion.

You can really fly around the map with double jump and dodge+jump... its fun but maybe excessive, heh

and it runs well even on my 2mx!

Try pressing M and N on a team map, it does something weird.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Code:
    http://ftp.sunet.se/pub/pc/games/pcgameworld/demos/UT2003-Demo.exe

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by linnx88
    Well well well, i know this is not the thread but EA's got some explaining to do about BF1942's performance. UT2003 runs REAL REAL SMOOTH and the graphics are much more detailed then BF, what gives?!?! They better do some tweaking to BF or i'll stick with UT
    is that soo wierd?.
    bf aint ugly, especially the models, get some tanks,jeeps,carriers , big maps and all that to the ut engine,it will lag for sure, or even more then it does in the reactorengine
    what am i trying to say? big enviorments suck alot of power.
    more then most of the flashy-flashy ut2003 effects.

Thanks
    Karma Level

This game is sweet, sure not as fast paced as UT, but I loved it!

Thanks
    Karma Level

After playing a bit more, I find the combo to be almost useless. The ball moves wayy too slow so you have to predict even more in advance where your enemy will be. Combined with the crazy double jumps and dodge jumps this is a real bitch. On the other hand, it seems easier to hit someone with the primary beam compared to UT.

Rockets are worse too. They stated many times they were trying to make the game less "spammy". So what do they do? They make primary rocket fire a single FAST rocket that reloads way too quick. I wouldn't mind so much if this was the alt-fire mode.

Is it just me or does everything seem bigger compared to UT? Not just the maps, but the weapons, pickups, players, etc.

ALso, i couldnt get the voice menu to work. I did hear a few bots talk to me though and they sound like shit. Reminds me of a wrestler trying to sound all intimidating. It doesnt feel right.

Thanks
    Karma Level

This pos can never replace the original...well maybe with some mods that makes it feel and play like ut.

The translocator has slow release, it's bad enough it needs recharging after 5 consecutive uses...but I guess it takes a while to get used to it...the rainbow color trail is gay, simple light on it would suffice.

Rockets are weak, even with pin point accuracy (twice), granted those guys are wearing armors (neck down) but @#!... and whats with the gay swirl.

Double SR blast radius it too small!!

The announcer is gay but you knew that already. Not as much as the repetition but it just doesn't sound right. "Killing Spree", "Rampage"..., they sound 'weak'. Characters voices sucks too, weak, no 'spirit'. I would take any taunt on the orginal UT over any in ut2k3.

Face is my fav, esp in speed 130%+ and good air control. some of you may remember getting raped by me in those face only servers lol. I saw the new face map and it's...complicated like the rest of the maps, we need a flat clean no hassle spam frag map ffs. Well I hope someone port the ctf-face right into ut2k3.

Back to bf1942...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by eh_wtf

yea no joke..quit on me with my radeon 7000..but ran fine on another comp with a gf3..what gives?

and i agree on the quake thing..this game feels way too much like that and it sucks
    radeon is a 3dmark card,sucky for games tho

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by RichyCream
    Wow! Boy does this game suck! This is the biggest Quake 3 rip off I've ever seen! It is so unspeakably an attempt to copy Quake 3 its not even funny(which is incredibly sad because Q3 sux too), with the lightening guns and all. This is NOTHING like the original UT! No Assault mod??? Where is it? The voices in this game are so funny all my friends were laughing their asses off when they heard me playing it. They were making fun of it instantly when they heard the moronic clown announcer scream, "Red flag taken! Red flag returned!!!!" 10 times in less then 30 seconds! I felt like I was at a used car lot or a circus hearing this guy. What a shame, and to think I was so looking forward to this game. I won't even bother downloading the full game when it gets released. Anyone who likes this game must be 12 and never played anything else.

I guess I'll just have to keep waiting for Doom 3 and Serious Sam 3...sigh
    ummm how can this game be ripping off quake do you have any brain inside your head.. Quake 3 and Unreal toruny came out at around the same time... and this is unreals tournys sequel so it cant be ripping it off

Thanks
    Karma Level

well i hope the final is not relased soon, hopefully they will fix afew things up

this is just about the same as the beta with just afew things here and there.

oh well i dont know why people bitch if its crap or not, they either like it or they dont + they should be happy that they have the chance to see if its worth buying or not when its released.

Thanks
    Karma Level

LoL, as I have some HD space I'll get it... what's wrong with a Q3 ripoff anyway?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast