Close

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

hey all i have a problem in UT2003, i cant see my HUD display, i tried unchecking and checking and unchecking the "hide hud" option, and that doesnt work. any other more options i could do? i also tried pressing the = and - keys to make the hud bigger and stuff, but that doesnt work, can yall help me?

Thanks
    Karma Level

HOLY shit, i just played CTF on a nice fast server lots of fun, and i never really played q3 or UT much,but this game is gonna rock.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Its a good thing they released the demo before the game. Gives people a chance to see just how much this game sucks. Seriously, it brings NOTHING new to the genre, its almost a leap backwards in terms of functionality, interactivity and gameplay.

The origianl UT was a lot more fun than this, and it actually ran fine on systems that were qualified as average back in the day. With UT2k3, on a 1ghz cpu with 512 RAM and a geforce 4 ti4400, with max details and 1200 resolution I can barely keep 30 fps. At least if the game was actually fun, I could tolerate the slight choppyness.

This game has reminded me why I download pirated games in the first place.

Thanks
    Karma Level

ut2k3 rocks, the potential for mods is great. I agree the speed is not that great for even fast systems (AMD 1.4gig 384 DDR, ti4200 128 o/c'd) but they may and will tweak the game to run better on lower and higher end systems. Personally i love instagib in bombing run with low gravity and i can never get enough of the deaths, i wouldnt be suprised to see a ut2k3 death video like the halo jump one.

Thanks
    Karma Level

sounds like bs to me, how can u even get that much frame rate with that sort of specification? seems like all u can do with it is surf the web.

Originally posted by pepsi_carola

well, same here.
    i always have around 20-25fps, no matter which resolution and detail settings on my lo end computer (cellery466,gf2mx,320MBram,winxp)

Thanks
    Karma Level

It just seems like UT with nicer graphics. It's kind of boring actually.

Hopefully the full version will make me eat my words.

Thanks
    Karma Level

the game looks cool, runs smoothly (gf4,1600*1200*32), but is not very impressive :/ it's like a 'Quake 3.5'. Maybe we will get ut2004, ut2005 and ut2006 road to world cup like Fifa series hehe.
    Doom3 looks ten times better.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I think the game is ok, but it doesn't feel like the original, that's true. Still it's quite fun to play. One other thing i noticed is, it's pretty hard to see your opponents than in UT, probably because all the characters' colours are similar to the ground and walls

Thanks
    Karma Level

how can u even play this game on a celeron 466? with gf2mx?
    i think u should find something else to play or upgrade ur system. i can't even believe that u r getting 20-25fps 'always', probably when you are just standing still in a small place with not much stuff. but when u r actualling shooting and fighting, it would become unplayble.

Originally posted by pepsi_carola

well, same here.
    i always have around 20-25fps, no matter which resolution and detail settings on my lo end computer (cellery466,gf2mx,320MBram,winxp)

Thanks
    Karma Level

Tweak guide:

http://www.tweaktown.com/document.ph...=guide&dId=361

havent tried it myself so dunno if its any use...

Thanks
    Karma Level

UT2003 suxx more than UT"1"... when it comes to game-play. Boooooooooooooooooooring.. nothing new!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by Bawhale
    Its a good thing they released the demo before the game. Gives people a chance to see just how much this game sucks. Seriously, it brings NOTHING new to the genre, its almost a leap backwards in terms of functionality, interactivity and gameplay.

The origianl UT was a lot more fun than this, and it actually ran fine on systems that were qualified as average back in the day. With UT2k3, on a 1ghz cpu with 512 RAM and a geforce 4 ti4400, with max details and 1200 resolution I can barely keep 30 fps. At least if the game was actually fun, I could tolerate the slight choppyness.

This game has reminded me why I download pirated games in the first place.
    What the hell are you talking about?
    The original UT sucks... Sure, it's fun for a while.
    The weapons in UT is way too powerful and the game is way too fast.
    It seems like the players are sliding really fast when they are running.
    What's so fun about getting killed by a rocket launcher in 1 shot? Also, the shock rifle sucks too...

If you get low frame rate, just lower the resolution. Don't overly try to be a geek and run it at a high resolution just to feel that your system is 'great'

I only have Duron 650@900, 448MB PC133 SDRAM and a Geforce 2 Ti 64mb. I still get a constant frame rate of 30-35 even when I'm in the middle of a fight, when I run it at 800x600 resolution.

There's no point in whinging about a game, just because your computer's no longer able to run games at 1200x1024 resolution... poof

Thanks
    Karma Level

Well I dunno what all of you expected. But I didn't expect UT2k3 to be a revolutionary game, it's evoliution not revoliution.
    Like Fro told you many many times already - go and play your CS or q2 and have fun.
    I play ut2k3 cause it's a game with few thinking, it's a game where you can relax and just kill kill kill.
    btw bombing run is awsome

Thanks
    Karma Level

I personally like it.

It isn't anything that is gonna make you sit in your chair and say "Holy Shit!"

Yeah its basically UT with updated graphics and new physics engine. Note: I am not knocking UT2k3, UT was a great game.

Just take it for what it is, a mindless FPS... Run..Shoot..Jump..Kill..

I think Doom 3 and Unreal 2 will hopefully bring something new and revolutionary to the table.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Everybody is saying: "When doom3 comes....."
    And when d3 finally is released I am guranteed there will be such threads: "Doom 3 sucks", "Doom3 - what a disappointment".
    There are always people who are not satisfied with anything. If you are so cool and everything is so bad, why don't you mane a perfect game yourselves????

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default The Deemer

Has anyone tried out the redeemer in the game? All that's neccessary is to edit a little code in the user.ini file.

Can't remember the code myself, but there is a link to it on IGN.

When you see that, that's when you'll say Holy Shit!

I really like the demo, i'll be getting it when it comes out.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by Eminem2k1
    patch came out..

http://ftp.iinet.net.au/pub/games/ut2003/
    Thanks for the info (and link). I wasen't expecting it, but there it is..

Thanks
    Karma Level

Z=set XWeapons.RocketLauncherPickup PickupMessage You got the Redeemer | set XWeapons.RocketLauncher FireModeClass Class'XWeapons.RedeemerFire' | set XWeapons.RocketLauncherPickup StaticMesh StaticMesh'WeaponStaticMesh.RedeemerPickup' | set XWeapons.RedeemerFire AmmoClass Class'XWeapons.RocketAmmo' | set XWeapons.RocketLauncher Mesh SkeletalMesh'Weapons.Redeemer_1st' | set XWeapons.RocketLauncher AttachmentClass Class'XWeapons.RedeemerAttachment'
    set that at any letter not used (default is z now) in the user.inithen press z or you letter in the game and go to take a rocket launcher but it will be replace by a reendemer
    it only works offline

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Too fast

I have to agree with some others here. UT2003 is WAY TOO FAST! The dodge is rediculous. What everything basically turns into (especially in close combat situations) is who is the luckiest to kill the other person first. I mean, I may be getting old, but you have to be one hopped up teenager to be able to follow a yoda wannabe target all over the screen.

There is hardly any skill or strategy involved anymore. That's what I loved about UT compared to Q3, it was slower and more of a skills game compared to Q3's twitch-o-rama.

It's too bad. The graphics and models are great, but the gameplay is now Q3. Guess I'll also stick with MOH and BF1942 for now.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast