Close

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by sauce

UT is the only game I've played regulary (daily) for the past three years. Nothing else interests me. If you play a certain game for that much time, you get adapted to every little aspect of it. I find it hard to believe it takes you less than a minute to adjust between all those different games without playing like a total newbie. You probably don't care about winning and that's cool but I'm more competitive. I play ut to win and fun comes second. UT2k3 will most likely take me 3 months or more to get completely comfortable with.

Actually, I've played a little game almost daily (I played daily but I stopped for short whiles a couple of times) for about 3 years also. It's called Subspace. I used to play about 15 zones per reset (every two weeks). There, all zones have completely different settings (8 ships, each with tens of different properties, all adding up to hundreds of factors in that game...More than maybe all FPS ever made put together), and after playing that many for a little while, I became quite good in basically every SS zone out there and only after minutes of playing, where as someone who only plays 1-2 zones would take months or more to get to that level.

I also love 3D graphics and tend to try out most FPS and other types of games, so I'm not new to those either.

I'm not extremely good at FPS, compared to people who have played the same game for years, but I'm no newbie and I mostly do bad when people cheat (ie, seeing through walls, aim bots, etc.)

Anyway, it's all in the practice, and believe me, if you get used to knowing what to learn when playing a game, it's extremely easy to get used to it very quickly.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by coladuna

What the hell are you talking about?
    The original UT sucks... Sure, it's fun for a while.

My point exactly. Goes to show you how much I believe the 2003 version to suck ass.

The weapons in UT is way too powerful and the game is way too fast.
    It seems like the players are sliding really fast when they are running.
    What's so fun about getting killed by a rocket launcher in 1 shot? Also, the shock rifle sucks too...
    Well it took skill to kill someone in one shot with a rocket launcher because most people were good enough to know how to avoid them/counteract them. I guess you were an exectption to the rule though. About the sliding, I dont know what you were smoking when you played the origial UT, but I really cant say I know what you're talking about. In any event, I dont find the movement and weapons in UT2k3 to be any better if at all than the original's

If you get low frame rate, just lower the resolution. Don't overly try to be a geek and run it at a high resolution just to feel that your system is 'great'
    I run "normal" games from companies who think "normally" just fine with maximum details and resolution just fine, thank you very much. Why should I make an exception for this shitty game?

There's no point in whinging about a game, just because your computer's no longer able to run games at 1200x1024 resolution... poof
    The thought of doing that never crossed my mind. I think the game sucks just as it is, slow performances or not. The speed issue is just the icing on the proverbial cake.

Ah well, if people enjoy the game, good for them. Personally I think the game stands out as the perfect example of how not to make a modern shooter, and nothing will change that, not even somehow managing to squeeze an extra 10 constant fps in from somewhere. Of course thats my opinion as a long-time gamer, and you may flame as you see fit, but I was under the impression that this board was to exchange opinions in a pseudo-civil manner...?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678