Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Windows XP...

OK, I am still running 98se. I've been told I should go with XP. So I got a hold of an Windows XP Pro CD (Office XP Pro as well), and am wondering if there is anything special I have to do (different from 98) to format and install it. Also, what should I use to make copies of the CDs? Thanks a lot.

Thanks
    Karma Level

You don't need to do anything special as such. When installing XP you should format your HD as NTFS as opposed to the FAT32 system you are using with 98SE. Also, make sure you have the Devils0wn release of XP to avoid activation (otherwise you will need to find an activation crack). To make copies of the CD just use your favorite burning software - CDRWin will do the trick easily. Hope that helps.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Pardon the completely moronic question, but you mention "DevilsOwn" release of XP - what's meant by this? What's the activation thing? It is from a Dell computer that a friend bought, is this going to work OK? Thanks again.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Devils0wn was the group that released Windows XP Pro CORP (although it really wasn't corporate). It is the version that most people that didn't buy it are using. It uses a mass volume key (the infamous FCKGW key) to bypass activation. The WPA is M$'s new way of discouraging piracy. Your key is sent to their server and your XP becomes activated. If you do not activate it then it will stop working after X number of days (30 maybe? can't remember). The Dell computer you talk about is most likely using the Dell OEM version of XP which to my knowledge does not require authentification. I remember hearing it will not run on any old computer (must be Dell with certain BIOS possibly?) but I'm pretty sure I heard about cracks/mods that allow it to run on any system. I hope that made sense cuz I'm not gonna go back and read it again In short, try to get your hands on the Devils0wn release of Windows XP to avoid other hassles.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Conflict: Desert Storm, problem!

Rather good game after all, but have anyone else experienced problem with saving the game?
    I managed to reach to level were you should "clean" the valley for remaing armor. Then I saved (as I do on evedry level).
    When I should start the level next morning only the first five savings remained?
    So is there anyway to change so I can jump to that level again(cheat or something)
    Thanks!

Thanks
    Karma Level

have u saved in a new file i have noticed that if u save over an old one when u load the game u get the old save !!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

I found that that DC created a save game folder in XP in Documents and settings. Do a search for that save file

ex: ???.sav and see if it didnt relocate your save games to a new area.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Ohhhh.....forget it....