Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Damn Feds/DEA busting medical marijuana providers

This is the second time in as many weeks people that provide weed to sick and dying people have gotten busted.

http://www.thesandiegochannel.com/sa...24-180951.html

[sarcasm] I sure do feel safe now that this guy has been shut down.... [/sarcasm] I'm surprised they didn't claim he was supporting terrorism while they were at it. Damn pricks need to be out doing some real shit to make this country safe, not busting harmless people for a harmless drug.

Thanks
    Karma Level

i don't presume you use marijuana for medical purposes?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by trippie
    that was a good one but still if they want to bust people who sell drugs they should bust the dealers who sell to people all over, not people who are just trying to help out someone who is dying painfully.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by trippie
    Nah I use marijuana for recreational purposes.

This guy (Mr. McWilliams) lives a few blocks from me and the whole neighborhood loves him. He spends all day walking sick people around the neighborhood, taking them to doctors appointments, generally showing more compassion than most of us ever have in our lifetime... and this is his punishment. It's bullshit.

Thanks
    Karma Level

well, i guess the state/government want to control how medical marijuana is being distribted. you don't want any tom, dick or harry without good medical knowledge to be distributing marijuana. what if someone o.d? whose gonna be responsible? then people are gonna start suing each other.

Thanks
    Karma Level

You can't OD on pot like you can other drugs, even over the counter ones, ie: smoke as much as you possibly can and you won't die. Weed is mostly harmless, and helpful in these sick peoples cases.

Thanks
    Karma Level

No one thinks with all the other bullshit going on, imminent war with Iraq, the "threat" of terrorism, our multi-million dollar companies coming up corrupt weekly, that going after people who grow weed for sick people is wrong? I think it's ridiculous.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I bet the US gov't is saying "these people are gonna serve hard jail time for this" just like every other thing they say about any other charge. I love canada ;p

Thanks
    Karma Level

What the fuck are they doing. It's legal in his state for him to do that, so he couldn't have committed a crime. He was liscened, and only selling to those who have a prescription. This fucken system is messed up. A rich guy tried to run over a traffic person and will probably get away, and this law abiding person will server hard time. Fuck it.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by VNMZ
    What the fuck are they doing. It's legal in his state for him to do that, so he couldn't have committed a crime. He was liscened, and only selling to those who have a prescription. This fucken system is messed up. A rich guy tried to run over a traffic person and will probably get away, and this law abiding person will server hard time. Fuck it.
    He doesn't even sell it to medical patients, he gives it away for free. He had all the proper paperwork filled out, and works with our local police to make sure he stays within the law. It was a simple abuse of power from the DEA.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Meanwhile, federal agents are reviewing the evidence and will forward the case to the U.S. Attorney, who will decide whether or not to prosecute.

Under these circumstances I'm sure they wont... I mean jeez if the guys as nice as you say, his whole community will support him, and chances are they wont ignore this.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by D4rkKnight
    Meanwhile, federal agents are reviewing the evidence and will forward the case to the U.S. Attorney, who will decide whether or not to prosecute.

Under these circumstances I'm sure they wont... I mean jeez if the guys as nice as you say, his whole community will support him, and chances are they wont ignore this.
    Of course he won't go to jail. He did nothing wrong. He followed the law of the state he lives in, that he helped write, to a tee. What the DEA did wrong is take sick people medicine away from them. They should be the ones whose case is forwarded to the U.S. Attorney for misuse of their power.

Hell, 100 plants is usually the number of plants someone could have before the DEA usually steps in, they busted this dude for 17 plants. Not only a waste of time, but a waste of taxpayers money.

Thanks
    Karma Level

it doesn't matter once marijuana is legal in nevada the feds and dea can go fuck themselves (have fun patrolling the border)