Close

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Burned with Nero DAO on Verbatim 481248 @48x using Verbatim 48x CDRs - works great

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by P1ke
    I used daemon tools and no problems there.
    Daemon Tools Knows all And see all!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

why the fuck dont you burn shit as it supposed to be burned?
    why the FUCK do you mount in d-tools and make a copy with clonecd ??

they release shit as images (bin&cue) for a fuckin reason...to make it easy to burn and also the cue file is there to tell your burning program how to burn the image.

And when are people gonna stop this bullcrap about cheap cds??
    I have always used the cheapest crappy cdrs since i burned my first cd..some have been so crappy they were transparent and felt like thick paper...and had "naggy" edges...but nomatter how shitty..i never had a bad burn when i burn shit as its supposed to be burned.

(sorry about that i really cant spell the different forms of "burn" right now)

STOP FUCKIN USING CLONECD FOR REGULAR RELEASES.
    ALWAYS DOWNLOAD AND READ .NFO FILES AND IF THERE IS A KEY THERE...SAVE IT!!
    ALWAYS RUN SFV CHECK.
    etc...

hm...sorry if i sound rude im tired...what i want to say more nicely put...just do shit as its supposed to be done and it will work 99% of the times.

good night ladies !

Thanks
    Karma Level

i agree with him but without all the cursing =)

Thanks
    Karma Level

People seems to miss the point entirely. Just about any bin/cue image should be burned as DAO. Some images even require it - as this game proved. So you can burn on whatever media you want with whatever burner and software, as long at you choose DAO recording mode.

Some burners may not support DAO (mostly older models) but most should. If your burner doesn't, you can try TAO, but don't be sure it'll work.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by tf
    People seems to miss the point entirely. Just about any bin/cue image should be burned as DAO. Some images even require it - as this game proved. So you can burn on whatever media you want with whatever burner and software, as long at you choose DAO recording mode.

Some burners may not support DAO (mostly older models) but most should. If your burner doesn't, you can try TAO, but don't be sure it'll work.

exactly...in all the years i burned games i think i only ONCE burned a game that was meant to burn in TAO..games (almost) always is DAO.

TAO is probably more often used in svcds or sumthin..i only burned one svcd in TAO too BUT i dont burn many svcds ...but games on the other hand...but...cue file always tells your burner what to use.

But...my older burner did support DAO but not TAO

Thanks
    Karma Level

tried it with nero, doesnt work
    tried it with nero and DAO, doesnt work
    tried it with fireburner and DAO, doesnt work
    tried it with depacking the files with isobuster, burning the files using nero and DAO, doesnt work
    tried it with daemon tools -> works

so wtf is the problem with this release?
    and yes.. i even did a bin check with fireburner, no errors found

jeez.. never ever had such a problem before :/

oh and btw: i dont get this problem with the gif files, but with some .utx files on the second cd that cant be installed

Thanks
    Karma Level

it has worked on some samsung 32x cd-r.
    I tried both burning .bin .cue directly on it or image of it and both worked.

btw no way to play multi => i will buy it as soon as it's in my country :[

Thanks
    Karma Level

when i try to run the game it pops up saying that i need to install DirectX8.1b and everywhere i go i see DirectX8.1 but not b, and i have re-installed the same fuckin directx like 12 times and it still won't load the game and it says install directx8.1b to fix bugs... anyone have any ideas???

Thanks
    Karma Level

OK ppl here we go

CD1
    ok u burn it with nero but not by the cue file u just select the bin.. it will pop up what kind of header (2352 + the Raw checked) it uses u can check that in ur cue file with any text editor now burn it at 8x dick at once

CD2
    here it got tricky finaly i found out to use CDMage and unpack all of the file's and burn it as iso Mode2/XA
    and then drag all the file's over , just remember to name the CD right.. "UT2003_CD2" and u burn it Disc At Once Speed 8x.

CD3
    Same as CD2

Good luck i have tryed this now with all CD brand i got eevn CDRW's and it have worked everytime.. all tho my bin's are perfect.. so be4 u start check ur file's SFV and with Fireburner's or CDMage's iso error checking prog..

P.S Don't blame me if it don't work's only trying to help.. and that it worked fine 4 me and a few othere's i told it too and i use mainly Memorex CD's at tip is to use CD-RW's first

CDMage >> http://cdmage.cjb.net/

Thanks
    Karma Level

Simple and it works: just burn the 3 cds with nero in disc-at-once mode and it i'll work perfecty

BTW, the game is amazing !

Thanks
    Karma Level

BuBBeN good job making yourself look like an ass, for your information. I burnt it DAO, I burnt it on good media, I burnt it on bad media, I burnt it at 24x, I burnt it at 4, the rar's crc checked fine. Whats next excuse? IDE cable bad? My CDrw is bad? I just got lucky on every other cd I burnt that worked fine?

Something must be wrong with the way it was packed or someshit because a lot of people are having the same problem even after they burn at DAO.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Works fine on TDK 32X and Fireburner

Thanks
    Karma Level

Here is the solution (at least one solution)

Use WinImage and extract all file from Bin (note the name of the CD UT2003_CD*)

Then burn those files with the good name and it work...

Thanks
    Karma Level

I have always used CDRWin to burn bin/cue as that's what the program was intended for..

After reading all the shit here, I was worried myself that it wouldn't work, but I just burned all three cd's through cdrwin and they worked just fine..

The game kicks some major ass, and I might be one of those that actually buy it.. I thought the beta sucked and wasn't looking forward to it.. IMO I was completely wrong..

Anyhow, the point is it works just fine if you burn it w/ cdrwin.. at least it does for me..

and for the d00d earlier that mentioned he was shit outta for not getting the 3rd cd, I've gotta say that really sux, cuz the 3rd cd is needed for the last 1% or something of install..

Thanks
    Karma Level

Burning worked 100% fine for me on CDRWin and Fireburner through a TDK 24x burner using the following media:

Memorex
    TDK
    Sony
    Maxell
    Smartbuy

I'm not sure what problems people are having, but more than likely it's human error and not the hardware. No need for Daemon Tools, WinImage, etc. Just plain old CDRWin and Fireburner in dao or tao mode.

And finally, the 3rd cd was required during my install to check for directx updates (not sure if this has been true for everyone).

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by JeRrYFaR
    I have always used CDRWin to burn bin/cue as that's what the program was intended for..

After reading all the shit here, I was worried myself that it wouldn't work, but I just burned all three cd's through cdrwin and they worked just fine..

The game kicks some major ass, and I might be one of those that actually buy it.. I thought the beta sucked and wasn't looking forward to it.. IMO I was completely wrong..

Anyhow, the point is it works just fine if you burn it w/ cdrwin.. at least it does for me..

and for the d00d earlier that mentioned he was shit outta for not getting the 3rd cd, I've gotta say that really sux, cuz the 3rd cd is needed for the last 1% or something of install..

you dont need cd3, i only grabbed and burned 2, and during the installation the meter was at 100% and it asked me to insert cd3, i jsut pressed cancell, and it said install complete, been playing for 6 hours, and no problems so far, i think the 3rd cd copies over some dll you dont really need, other than that dont waste your bandwith

Thanks
    Karma Level

So I don't think anyone has confronted the fact that the burners people are using may not be capable of producing a working copy of the game. Just a thought. So for folks that are saying the game is bad, check your hardware I didn't have any trouble and a lot of others haven't either, which is why there are no posts from them, they've been playing the game for tooooo long.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I too also had this problem, another solution for those who can't get DAO to work and are getting the error. Just Isobust and install from the Hard Drive. Works just fine for me and you only need to burn the first CD (because it's the play CD).

Thanks
    Karma Level

downoaded via newsgroup,checked rars,extracted with winrar,loaded .cue files into cdrwin ver3.9A at 16x on a 48x liteon onto Traxdata 40x discs

installs and plays fine.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast