Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default GS2 - which version ? import DVDs?

I've got a v3 US PS2 with NEO2.2 and GS (1.9 - I think)
    Works great for burned NTSC CD backups - as well as most releases marked "PAL" (bloody Simpsons road rage...). Anyway, here's the questions (and yes - no amount of searching revealed the answers to these):

1) I cannot get import (Pal) DVDs, HK Silvers (Tekken 4, Metal Gear Solid) to work using the dual boot described at ps2ownz
    (for one thing, the original dvd I insert never stops spinning)
    Any ideas?
    So if the chip isn't supposed to work for import DVDs then why doesn't the original DVD at least stop spinning

This leads me to the next question:
    2) How can I be sure my GameShark is v1.9? It doesn't say anything on the cd - no about menu. Anyone know how to find this info from the cd? Is it readable using a CD-Rom?

Thanks
    Karma Level

1)did you install the neo2.2 yourself? If yes did you do all 8 wires? if no are do you know if the person soldered all the 8 wires? so in other words if you don't have all 8 points of the neo2.2 soldered it won't work for the double swap.

2)if you turn the gameshark over and look at the bottom side there should be a little ring on the inside of the cd that tells you (not 100% sure about this seeing how I don't have a GS2 but, this is what I heard) What I don know for sure is that after you boot up the gameshark, there's an area while you're in the gameshark cd (I think options, it has been a long time) that tells you what version your GS2 is.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanks for the info
    1) Yes, I soldered all 8 wires (basically all the wires there were to solder) myself - went half blind from those tiny solder points...

2) Will check the CD. Negative on the options screen - doesn't appear there.

Anyone know why the original dvd keeps on spinning?
    (I assumed it was because of the wrong gs version)
    and PAL DVD's on NTSC?

(this is round about the time I get kicked out and told to DAFS - do a fu...full search, right?)

Thanks
    Karma Level

well, I just checked on my buddies ps2 and for his v1.7 it does tell you what version it is in the options... Maybe they changed it in newer versions.