Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I'd vote for UT. UT2k3 lacks certain things that just made UT, well... UT. Atleast I think so.

The weapons are not "crap" in the new UT, they are nicly modeled and animated... but theres no feeling to them. The flakcannon for instance, it might just be me but I seem to get more kills with the shots bouncing off the walls and onto enemies than actually hitting them straight on. I never remember UT being that way, the shots bounced... but that much? Pistols are missing, always liked those in UT. The sniper rifle hardly needs to be mentioned, no one seems to like that one bit. Also I am missing the Impact Hammer, sure the new... Shielded Portable V12 Engine or whatever is nice... but I'd still go for the old one (making those huge holes in the walls was kinda fun, perhaps just me being easily amused).

The maps are a pleasure to the eye, but also lack the UT feeling. Too small, too cramped... too much Quake. That Inferno map has gotta be a taunt to ID Software "Thanks for the ideas and gameplay!" .

Overall this is a VERY nice game, running on a very nice engine. Very few technical problems is a plus as well. If I had to complain about anything such would be the dodge anims and the really annoying cracking of bones sound after death. Its no so much the sound thats annoying, more that the robot characters get it as well (small thing yeah, but still). Also, when a server lags... it really lags to death. Game almost stoping and replaying the last few seconds over and over, then continuing. Thats just one crappy servers though.

Somethings looks like Unreal Tournament here, but almost nothing handles like UT. Overall I don't like this as its more of a Quake 3 and a half than a sequal. Rename the title and I'd give it a top rating.

Thanks
    Karma Level

i just think it sux.

the first game was for everyone...this one is made to take over the quake community....all feeling was gone for me instantly when i started this game.....and i remembered how much fun i had with the first one in singleplayer mode...on those really funny big maps.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yeah, when I shoot people directly with the flak cannon, I can never seem to hurt them much unless I am REALLY close to them. I think the damage goes down the further away you are from the enemy.. I guess the flak cools down.

I am sure these things will be fixed in the next patch.. Who says ALL of these little things you guys dont like about the game wont be fixed in the next patch?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by ViolatoR666

Yea, I felt more like playing a sequel of Quake3 then a sequel of UT, but I've been playing Q3 for years so I like UT2k3 .

Also i think most people don't like it cuz they can't run it smoothly or something, just a guess
    That's exactly what I thought. When I saw the demo of UT2k3 running at a computer store I wasn't sure it was a Quake3 mod or not. The look and feel of the game is a lot more Q3ish than I would like.

Thanks
    Karma Level

ill wait for ut2k3 *classic* mod

Thanks
    Karma Level

Lets make some NUDE mods to make the game more interesting we have more polygons now

Thanks
    Karma Level

Well, it will be a while anyone can run it smoothly.
    I don’t like the fact we now chase those characteristic short, wimpy muscular guys with necks on their chests and heads lower than arms. Just add two legged eye freaks and it's stolen copy of some beta from ID Software. But unfortunately I've noticed the other things that annoyed me so much in Q3 engine - it's the heavy artillery dynamics - running is just a tad too slow, jumping is just a scrap too low, turning is just wee bit too slacky, most of the time I almost feel like pointing grenade launcher under my feet and pulling the trigger to elevate myself cause running will take ages. As someone said before, its the touch, the "can't put my finger on it", "je ne sais quoi" thing.
    The levels seem either impossibly cluttered small claustrophobic spaces or overblown "reach or fall" constructions where the only way to get something is to write a script automatically turning translocator on every time you begin to fall. There is no in-between, the deck16 sort of thing, something you could set on the server and just come back to over and over. I know there will be conversions and stuff, but hey - to anyone who bought this game it must be such a disappointment - for their $50/€50/£45 they actually have to wait for someone to fix what mappers couldn't do.
    Bottom line is - I think many of us were waiting for Unreal Tournament sequel, we got a first person shooter internet game instead.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I miss the assult maps......

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default ut 2003 blows

the only reason i liked UT was because it was different then quake
    now they release this crap

i cant stand it when they fuck up good games

Thanks
    Karma Level

I like UT2K3 more than the original UT.
    I thought that UT is way too fast, especially the speed of players running. Also, the players in UT was too skinny.
    I like the weapons in UT2K3 much better because the weapons in UT was too powerful. for example, shock rifle was way too fast and it allowed people to just use shock combo everywhere and it got very boring.

Apart from the game, I must say I like UT2K3 so far because it doesn't have as many people using cheats. Frankly, I am sick of playing against aimbots in UT. Well, I have seen a few aimbots in demo version of UT2K3, but not as much as in UT where basically everyone is using aimbot and scoring 100 frags with no deaths. I met some players I met in original UT, who basically thrashed me. Somehow, they suck now and I can thrash them all day long. Well, maybe a part of it is because the game feels a little different from UT, but I'm pretty sure the main thing is that they have been using aimbot in UT@!

I just hope they can block out the lame cheaters better than they did with UT.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12