Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

works great on my xp 1700 512 mb ddram geforce 2 TI 64 mbddram

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by Eminem2k1
    i am very dissapointed in this p.o.s., this one of the games i was looking forward to..guess i am going to buy NHL2k3 for cube.

Runs choppy on
    1024x800,800x600 Full detail, AAx4 on or off.. Control took step backwards.. graphics are the same.. When changing lines on the fly the game is unplayble...the menus is utter shit..rosters arent update at all, ie Fleury with Sharks (not a biggie)..and other things.. lets just pray Live, Thunder & Fifa are at least smoothly playable..

my specs
    stock GF3
    XP 1800
    512mb ram
    win xp
    I have a shittier comp than you and the game runs smooth as silk, 1024x768 with details cranked.

XP 1600
    Radeon 8500
    384mb ram
    win2000

Thanks
    Karma Level

My PIV 3131 Mhz and RADEON 9700 overclocked and waterkewld seem to handle it well HAAHHA

Thanks
    Karma Level

Can anyone explain why this time it's just no fun at all to play ? Last time it was less 'realism', but at least I had some fun. This year it's so.....boring.....nothing really happens on the ice.

They said there wouldn't be any players sticking at the blue line, but all they do is skate along the line a bit, no real offensive awareness like they said.

Even defending is worse, I can just skate from one side to the other without loosing the puck - only getting near the goal is a bit more difficult, but I can hold the puck in the team for all game long.

What's going on with this game ? Even graphics looks the same as last year.

For instance the Fifa 2003 demo (if you like it or not) still shows players that have pretty sophisticated animations, like all those little things you'd do with your head, arms, legs, feet when you move or kick a ball or receive a pass at diffent heights. With NHL I the puck is just glued to the ice too much, it doesn't flip over or turn 'round and round when it hits something.

I wish I could say I like the game, and it's not that I hate it, but it seems so.....unfinished or something. Sound and animation doesn't always seem to be synchronized either. Really weird.

Is it just me or do you guys noticed that too ?

Thanks
    Karma Level

I just think EA has been kinda sloppy with this version. The only real difference from last version are the menus.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hi all! ummm...btw Greffel did you read the readme file ??

I dont think so mate, thats if you have the game...

It dosint work with the Radeon 9700 yet!!! theres a bug with it so please dont try to impress everyone with your annoncement here. I have a 9700 pro and I tryied it and it does not work.

Thanks
    Karma Level

can anyone help me plz?
    i have tried everything with the crack but nothing works!
    i renamed and all and i get an error right when the screen becomes white!
    it makes an error with nhl2003.exe
    pissing me off =/
    can anyone email me with help?or just tell me here?
    airdom_99@hotmail.com

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by airdom
    can anyone help me plz?
    i have tried everything with the crack but nothing works!
    i renamed and all and i get an error right when the screen becomes white!
    it makes an error with nhl2003.exe
    pissing me off =/
    can anyone email me with help?or just tell me here?
    airdom_99@hotmail.com
    i have the solution for your problem.... go to my documents and erase the nhl 2003 directory and it works great. i think it as somthing to do with changing the default location of the my documents folder. but it will work

Thanks
    Karma Level

I have a Xp1500+ - Abit KG7 Mobo - 256Mb DDR Apacer - SB Audigy - WIN98 - GeForce3 Ti200 -- and the game runs perfectly with full detail 1280*1024.

About the game: my favorite NHL version is still NHL99. NHL 2003 so far looks like the weakest of the ones I played. For one the commentary is a lot less serious with many jokes etc. While this is not so bad as an idea, it's just too much.
    Also, the cheering sound (of the audience) is bad. While in NHL99 you had a build up and then a roar when you scored, now it's more or less constant with almost no build up. You don't get that YAAAAY feeling when scoring.
    This and the lack of more ambient sounds & music make the game the least atmospheric of the bunch. And atmosphere is what I so loved about NHL99.
    Running (speed boost) also feels wrong somehow. It feels as if your players move like snails. I want faster action damnit! I want lightning fast rushes - almost flying towards the goal. Also, tackling an enemy is harder making it trickier to steal away the puck or knock over the enemy when rushing towards your goal.

So many small things that I don't like - it's not a bad game but why make mistakes when previous versions did it right ?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yes exactly! Go see the Fifa 2003 demo....they did a really cool job the way you can now play the ball around and round in your team - moving it sideways and back to defense, forward to midfield, slowly moving up untill your forwards are in a good position. And 'slowly' doesn't really mean at a slow pace.

One thing I noticed was how you can pass the ball around with one-touch...after a few times the crowds will start chanting a slow 'hey, hey, hey' on the pace of the touch...very cool stuff.

Now why can't they do this stuff in NHL 2003 ? If your opponent scores when you are playing home, the crowd is just silent. Ridiculous. Instead of a tense atmosphere you go no atmosphere at all.

Indeed, weird stuff how these games never progress allong with eachother.

Thanks
    Karma Level

well i started a season with edmenton, into 4 games, 5 guys are out at least 2 weeks with the injury setting turned up 1/4th. just to clarify my previous post the game runs fine with the max resolution and everything turned up with 50-60 FPS (from fraps), i decided its the way the players move that makes it look choppy, i am gonna play this till NHL2k3 comes, does any one know when that is?

Thanks
    Karma Level

How do you make the game menu's run in full screen mode when your desktop is at a higher resolution than 1024x768?

Thanks
    Karma Level

just wanna say

this game is not good

BOO ea sports.. BOO!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

game works great but it suck
    hockey sucks ;\

soccer > *

Thanks
    Karma Level

anyone know if you can change the tunes like you can in madden 2003?......or is there a ditty importer out?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by KillGod
    anyone know if you can change the tunes like you can in madden 2003?......or is there a ditty importer out?
    yeah look in the read me. you can change them. for the person who said the game's pace is too slow, turn it up in the options. put speed burst percent along with other things up. thats what i did and its good now

Thanks
    Karma Level

When I get to the main menu I can see my window's task bar in the middle of the screen. Only in the main menu not during game play. Can anyone help???

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default trouble

hey
    i'am having trouble with the extraction. when i try to extract the .bin & .cue file i get an error in the .007 file. it's a smaller file than the others. what must i do, download it again? i got the razor1911 one, in one time downloaded (without resumes) and all the other files are ok. anyone with the same problem??

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: trouble

Originally posted by Capa_don
    hey
    i'am having trouble with the extraction. when i try to extract the .bin & .cue file i get an error in the .007 file. it's a smaller file than the others. what must i do, download it again? i got the razor1911 one, in one time downloaded (without resumes) and all the other files are ok. anyone with the same problem??
    Re-download that file, probably from a different source.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Can I cre8 a new "EA-account" when I have a copy of nhl 2003?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast