Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Installed Matrix w/ evox 2.5, tried to boot up xbox 4 first time and...

Hey,

i m new to the xbox scene, and i got my matrix mod in the mail yesterday. i got home downloaded milk prog, burned evox 2.5 on to the chip, it said it worked perfictly, even verified it, and after installation i changed the system switches into mode 3 (eject mode) i put everything back together, and fired it up and power came on, then went off, power came on again, then went off, and then the trird time it stayed on, however the light in the eject button is green and RED, and so i tried reburning the chip 3 times all with different versions of evox 2.5 like color mod, evox, all those kinds and still nothin, but when i take the mod off my xbox stil works. so at least i didnt break it, yet! any 1 know hwat i am doing wrong?
    i burned the evox dash on a cdrw and the problem is when the system starts after the 3rd time i cant eject anything. also i hear the hard drive making like loud scratch noises, doesnt sound too normal... ah well... Thanks for looking

-mike

Thanks
    Karma Level

You may have to narrow down your problem, which won't be easy...

I'm sure you've checked that you have green light on the chip when you installed it, and that you don't have a post-August 2000 Xbox.

First I'd try switching back to the MS Xbox dashboard when you boot with the mod and see if that helps, although it's really unlikely. Then I'd try EvoX 2.4 or the fancxbox versions of EvoX2.5 just to make sure that you've got a good BIOS. If all the bioses you've tried came from the same .rar or .zip file, it's remotely possible that file has some error.

If that doesn't work, try someone else's computer. Beleive it or not, the faster the computer is, the more likely you'll have issues with printer port programming (although you should get an error message). It has something to do with the power to the printer port. If you can find someone with a 450-650MHz machine, you're golden.

If that doesn't help, take the chip out and check around the chip area on the Xbox with a magnifying glass and make sure the pogo pins haven't damaged the mobo. If it boots without the chip this is unlikely, but it's possible the pins are creating a short by connecting two scratches on the mobo.

If none of that works, the best thing would be to try the chip in someone else's Xbox. If it doesn't work there either, then it's either the chip or the programmer. Now, if you know someone else with the same chip, you could try to program it with their programmer, or you can read the schematics on the Xodus site and make a programmer if you're really good (good luck).

If it still doesn't work, you know it's the chip and you can call Easybuy and get a replacement. Unfortunately, that may mean you install your new chip around Xmas.

Thanks
    Karma Level

thanks dude, ill try that stuff and report back, but are u sure it is after august 2000, i thought it was 2002!

Thanks
    Karma Level

I had a similar problem with the matrix. The power would turn on and off a few times. The problem turned out to be that one of the pogo pins was pushed all the way in and would not spring back out. We finally was able to get it out.... Problem solved.

See if any of the pins are stuck and won't spring in or out.

Thanks
    Karma Level

i just took a look @ it and all the pins are perfict shape just to make sure pushed 'em all in a couple of times, what bios r u using.

im runnig evox 2.5 by superfro

i cant find the other 1s

Thanks
    Karma Level

Used a clean Evox 2.5 -> split from a 1024 file to 256.

Thanks
    Karma Level

hey thanks for the help guys i got it working perfictly. except what do i need to copy the xbox games i own to my hardrive?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by mikeosoft
    ...but are u sure it is after august 2000, i thought it was 2002!
    Trust me, it's after august 2000. You need the Xbox with the 66MHz processor and 16MB ram. I think it was called a Pentium or something.

Seriously, to answer your question, check here:

http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/evoguide2.php

Thanks
    Karma Level

lol.. thanks i used the tutorial from xbox-scene.com on how to get evo-x and apps running w/o using a pc connection. but i see that the ******** game to hardrive app is illegal due to the sdk stuff, so i guess i am out of luck.... ah well, newsgruops it is...

thanks for the help guys it works like a charm now

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by mikeosoft
    hey thanks for the help guys i got it working perfictly. except what do i need to copy the xbox games i own to my hardrive?
    Hey what did you do to get it working?

Thanks
    Karma Level

i did a few things different.
    1.)used command promp in Win XP insted of win. 98
    2.)found a different evo-x bios
    3.)installed the chip on mod 2 (where it is always on)
    turned the sys on and bamn, Blue xbox logo appeared, loaded a cd w/ boxplorer and evo x and other stuff and my xbox is chill. peace