Close

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I use Windows 98 with latest drivers for everything except video card. I use 30.82.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Just extract the cracked exe

I didn't have the bin any longer after burning the cd. I tried just coping the new cracked.exe to the game dir and everything works great... no need to patch the bin... at least so far, I'm only at the end of the first level though.

Thanks
    Karma Level

crashes randomly, usually once per level it will just send me to the desktop, no error message, nothing. using FLT version, no patching required. system specs: amd1900XP, Geforce4ti4200, winXP. settings set to max. using detonator drivers 29.42

this is definately a problem. dont know if its the release or the game itself. seems to hit both razors version and flt version. hoping someone can fix it.

Thanks
    Karma Level

well the only prob i'm having is that the mouse sensitivity is really low even when i've jacked it up to max (20). any way to fix this? all other games' sensitivity works fine...

Thanks
    Karma Level

i think it is a gameplay bug. If you save often it shouldn't be a prob. It crashed on me like 2 times and I am on lvl 8.
    Anyway, I was woundering how many lvl are there?

Martin

Thanks
    Karma Level

Ya the sensitivity is real low even on max, especially in 1st person.

I also get this 'random' crash, its happened twice and im only on level 3.

1800xp
    GF4 4200
    256mb 333

Thanks
    Karma Level

It was crashing for me every 10-15 minutes or so until I installed the detonator 40.71 drivers for Nvidia cards. I was using the 40.41 before. No crashes now. I guess this only helps if you have a Geforce, though.

XP1800
    Geforce4 4400
    Turtle Beach Santa Cruz
    Windows XP SP1

CaZhman

Try lowering your "Hardware Acceleration" in your sound-settings. I had trouble with starting the demo back then, when I used that trick it helped.
    I don't know if it'll help, but it's worth a try. Please report back if it does

And by the way, some people are just stupid. Not ALL games is about graphics, jesus guys cmon. The gameplay is so *bleeping* cool, can't se why anyone can't love this game, except if they can't stand a little challenge. *hint*

Thanks
    Karma Level

Might and might not work - trying disabling full screen mode in the hitman configuration [in the start menu]. This resolved a random 5 second lockup on my system.

Thanks
    Karma Level

No matter what i do i get an instant illegal operation when i launch it. So I cant change the hardware acceleration settings. Next thing im gonna try is updating drivers.BTW im using the 30.82 drivers.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Well i updated drivers and get the same illegal operation. When i start Hitman, it give me the illegal operation and then i cant start dxdiag. Dxdiag also gives me an illegal operations as do all my other games AFTER I try to launch hitman. So i restart and everything is fine and playable until i launch hitman. I just dont get it.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Chase,

All D3D initialization stuff is crashing, because DDHELP.exe crashed or was rendered totally unstable. The Nvidia drivers (at least all newer than 5.13) do not seem to gracefully handle when DDHELP.exe is closed by a game or a crash (ATI drivers do not seem to have this problem). Now, a game is _not_ supposed to close DDHELP on exit, but many OLD non-microsoft DX games will do that, which crashes the video driver on Nvidia cards. DDhelp is "supposed" to be automatially reloaded whenever it is closed, on call. But unfortunately, something is up with the Nvidia win9x drivers that stops this from happening, without killhelp.exe
    and even then, you need a special process to restore acceleration.

The only way to prevent this crash (if it already happens, u gota reboot) is to :

1) download killhelp.exe from the web someplace, and then make sure you have the DirectX control panel applet.
    2) exit Any, and ALL programs that invoke anything directdraw related, including "directdraw cooperative level". Your web browser uses that, as well as many instant messengers.
    3) run Killhelp.exe and when it asks to end all processes, choose "no".
    4) open the DX cpl applet, and make sure you can get into " directdraw" tab, and you can enable and disable HW acceleration without a crash. Then you should be fine. This is REQUIRED: trying to run a game right after running killhelp.exe will result in either a hard lock, or a crash. (again, because the Nvidia drivers don't seem to handle reinitializing ddhelp properly).

Another thing you can do, sometimes, is go install " Taskinfo 2002", and end task on "ddhelp.exe" (after all programs are closed), if killhelp DID NOT help, but you are not getting crashes yet (maybe dxdiag or display properties just locks up but no crash).

Again this does you no good, if you are already getting an invalid page fault in "unknown" or "rundll32" errors when trying to open dxdiag.

One way to (sometimes) PREVENT games from exiting DDHELP is to keep DXDIAG minimized in the background, and then run the game while diag is minimized. then no game can cause DDHELP to quit when exited, since ddhelp is still being used (but crashes might still bring it down). Of course, win2k/XP use a different system, so this is irrelevent there.

Now, if hitman is crashing ANYWAY, none of this might help, but its worth a try.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Fairlight proves, yet again, that they're the best ISO release group

Big thanks to them

Thanks
    Karma Level

I must say...this game rocks

Thanks
    Karma Level

i played it and when i clicked on the laptop top start the first level it crashed and gave me an arror msg, im running winxp, is this a once off thing or does the crack still contain a few buggies ?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by Arhan
    I must say...this game rocks
    It is alot better then the first one, and think its a greater improvement then NOLF2 is compared to the its original. I just wish that the AI was a little smarter, you know, you shoot someone down a corridor and their buddy is around the corner and acts as though nothing happened, yet at the same time you grab some guards clothes and walk by and they quickly recognize you even if you have stashed the body and have everything holstered that isnt common issue while keeping your AK47 out like everyone else.

Seems to be no rhyme nor reason as too what triggers them, but I must say, the scenes like in St Petersburg are gorgeous and makes ya wish you could explore for a bit.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by Antos
    Chase,

All D3D initialization stuff is crashing, because DDHELP.exe crashed or was rendered totally unstable. The Nvidia drivers (at least all newer than 5.13) do not seem to gracefully handle when DDHELP.exe is closed by a game or a crash (ATI drivers do not seem to have this problem). Now, a game is _not_ supposed to close DDHELP on exit, but many OLD non-microsoft DX games will do that, which crashes the video driver on Nvidia cards. DDhelp is "supposed" to be automatially reloaded whenever it is closed, on call. But unfortunately, something is up with the Nvidia win9x drivers that stops this from happening, without killhelp.exe
    and even then, you need a special process to restore acceleration.

The only way to prevent this crash (if it already happens, u gota reboot) is to :

1) download killhelp.exe from the web someplace, and then make sure you have the DirectX control panel applet.
    2) exit Any, and ALL programs that invoke anything directdraw related, including "directdraw cooperative level". Your web browser uses that, as well as many instant messengers.
    3) run Killhelp.exe and when it asks to end all processes, choose "no".
    4) open the DX cpl applet, and make sure you can get into " directdraw" tab, and you can enable and disable HW acceleration without a crash. Then you should be fine. This is REQUIRED: trying to run a game right after running killhelp.exe will result in either a hard lock, or a crash. (again, because the Nvidia drivers don't seem to handle reinitializing ddhelp properly).

Another thing you can do, sometimes, is go install " Taskinfo 2002", and end task on "ddhelp.exe" (after all programs are closed), if killhelp DID NOT help, but you are not getting crashes yet (maybe dxdiag or display properties just locks up but no crash).

Again this does you no good, if you are already getting an invalid page fault in "unknown" or "rundll32" errors when trying to open dxdiag.

One way to (sometimes) PREVENT games from exiting DDHELP is to keep DXDIAG minimized in the background, and then run the game while diag is minimized. then no game can cause DDHELP to quit when exited, since ddhelp is still being used (but crashes might still bring it down). Of course, win2k/XP use a different system, so this is irrelevent there.

Now, if hitman is crashing ANYWAY, none of this might help, but its worth a try.
    My god, thank you... I've been telling people this for ages now. Your explaination is step for step, mine probably were not (on this board and/or others or newsgroups/irc etc).. fine job mate, now maybe people will fucking understand DDHELP.EXE now & how it works, and it's problems with nVidia drivers. A simple look on microsoft's site about DDHELP.EXE explains it...but as your a shortbus driver you gotta drive the 'tards around this site.

edit: oops ok shotgun rider, Fro is the driver...

Thanks
    Karma Level

The game is great and everything, but like everyone else, I've been experiencing random crashes to the desktop. At first I was also thinking "bad crack?" but after reading the forum at places like GameFAQs, it quickly became apparent that this happens to the original version too. We can still hope for an update patch though.

Just a thought: The game is subnamed "Silent Assassin", yet this time around the guy is constantly speaking - at least compared to the last game

Thanks
    Karma Level

2 chase:
    I'm getting the very same fuckup as you are. Invalid Page Fault immediately on launch, then all 3D apps IPF until I reboot. Using RZR ISO w/ new FLT crack on top. My specs: Win98, Celeron900@1gHz, 384mb SDRAM, Geforce3@235/515.
    Anyone out there playing this game successfully w/ Win9x?

Thanks
    Karma Level

first i would like to say thanks to Razor 1911 for rlsing such a great game. you can't hate on a team just cuz they made a mistake, give them a break. also wanna say thanks to all the fake fix rls queers out there, you really waisted alot of our time heh. thanks to FLT, yall always be my fav iso team. the cocky attitudes from other teams i think is getting a little played out. anyway...

as for the crashes... i have been playing litteraly non stop since the patch... it crashed out about 4-5 times, then i decided to grab the working FLT full rls... it's still been crashing. i am now i think on the last level, im not too sure. i think it's called Shogun Showdown or something. when im playing this level all of a sudden out of the blue i can't open doors anymore, nor use my action button. i don't know what's up but i haven't altered my ini or anything so... yeah anyway... if anyone get's this problem when they reach my level of skill, errrr i mean get to where im at hehe, let me know if you get the same problem...

peace!

thanks again to Razor and FLT, seriously now, FLT owns all, don't hate.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast