Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Fifa 2003 possibly delayed

i just read this on gamestar.de:

Wie Bild berichtet, hat Oliver Kahn eine Unterlassungsklage gegen EA Sports betreffend Fifa 2002 eingereicht. Der Streitwert soll rund eine Million Euro betragen. Grund: Kahn habe niemals der Nutzung seiner Persönlichkeitsrechte zugestimmt. Sollte unser Nationaltorhüter mit seiner Klage durchkommen, müsste nicht nur Fifa 2002 vom Markt genommen werden -- auch der Verkaufsstart von Fifa 2003 am 31. Oktober wäre gefährdet. EA Sports wollte auf unsere Anfrage hin noch keine Stellungnahme zum Fall Kahn abgeben.

to sum it up in english, german goalkeeper oliver kahn has filed a lawsuit against EA. he apparently never agreed that they may "use" his name etc. in their computer games. if the lawsuit is successful EA would not only have to take fifa 2002 off the market but also delay fifa 2003.

i always knew kahn´s a dick....

Thanks
    Karma Level

Good news: it hasn't gone gold yet, so they should be able to change his name/take him out. And since they'll release an editor in advance of the release, nobody will give a damn about Kahn anyway =)

Even better: They had a problem with FifPro over Fifa 2002 as well, at the time of release. FifPro takes care of all that stuff for as good as all players and that never delayed the game last year. So I can't imagine one person causing a delay.....well, that's what I guess ofcourse

Thanks
    Karma Level

If thats true then Kahn is the biggest faggot known to man.. i mean what a lamer.. filing a law suit cause EA use his name in a computer game.. get over yourself its only a game.

Thanks
    Karma Level

2husker, that's bullshit.

If you have translated it the right way, there possibly wouldn't be anyone here calling Kahn a "lamer" or "faggot". So the problem is NOT about the name to sum it up right for everyone. In german it's called "Rechte am eigenen Bild". If I had more time now I would translate it the right way.

Thanks
    Karma Level

that kahn is damn right! i wouldnt like it either if they used my name in such a ghey game as FIFA! btw how hard can it be to delete 1 fuggin playah from the game? Oh and i wonder what they made new to the game this time.. maybe the crowd have detailed faces? maybe the grass is 3d? or maybe the players have eyelashes! Oh golly.. im gettin SOOOOOOOOOOOO excited! LMFAO....noooot!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by xBuMFaRKx
    that kahn is damn right! i wouldnt like it either if they used my name in such a ghey game as FIFA! btw how hard can it be to delete 1 fuggin playah from the game? Oh and i wonder what they made new to the game this time.. maybe the crowd have detailed faces? maybe the grass is 3d? or maybe the players have eyelashes! Oh golly.. im gettin SOOOOOOOOOOOO excited! LMFAO....noooot!
    your a moron, fifa 2003 blows any other soccer game right outta the water.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yeah true... Fifa Blows...

Thanks
    Karma Level

fuck I would pay the fucking fag kahn a bunch of million dollars and then I would use his name and make the goalkeeper the worse ever....with no skills, speed,agility etc....damn the dude earns like 3 million bucks every year

Thanks
    Karma Level

The real reason why he does it is probaly because he wont make enough money and tries to get a huge claim from EA by sue them for a few million euro`s , with other words he is just a asshole

Thanks
    Karma Level

hmm wtf is this ÉA pays for the license o fthe league.. kahn is a part of a team that plays in a team in bundesliga which ea has bought rights for... and kahn (the only player in the world sues EA?) seems like alot of BS to me