Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default BF 1942 Recording

Hi i was thinking off doing some recording of Battlefield 1942. Would be cool to make some kind of "greatest frags" film. So my question is how would one do it?
    Is there some kind of program that you could use? Or do i have to recod it to the VCR?

Thanks
    Karma Level

The absolutly best way is to record to a digital video camera via the TV-out. Then, assuming that the camera has firewire, plug the cam in and import it back to the computer. However, TV-out to a VCR is not bad... but TV-in usally not as good quality.

Check out these movies (if you already haven't): "Explotions" and "BF1942 - It Rocks Big Time Video". Also the "Stalingrad" movie on the official homepage is really well made.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by Cimlite
    The absolutly best way is to record to a digital video camera via the TV-out. Then, assuming that the camera has firewire, plug the cam in and import it back to the computer. However, TV-out to a VCR is not bad... but TV-in usally not as good quality.

Check out these movies (if you already haven't): "Explotions" and "BF1942 - It Rocks Big Time Video". Also the "Stalingrad" movie on the official homepage is really well made.
    The problem is that i will need a camera, or freaking plugging in the VCR, and that makes it just not worth the time and energy.
    isnīt there a program that record it to an AVI file directly?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Though there are programs meant for recordning simpler things, there is nothing that can handle games.

http://www.hypercam.com/
    is one product that can record stuff directly to AVI, but as its not meant for games... you won't be able to play while recording. The framerate would be worthless.

Using a cam or VCR gives you full framerate and you can record much more, this is why its better. Counter Strike movies are somewhat easier to make because of two things, 1. theres the possibility to record demos and 2. you can output each frame to a BMP picture. Still not easy though, both time consuming and HDD space.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by Cimlite
    http://www.hypercam.com/
    is one product that can record stuff directly to AVI, but as its not meant for games... you won't be able to play while recording. The framerate would be worthless.
    I've tried Hypercam and gotten decent framerates in D3D before, but this was on a 3GHz P4 so YMMV...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Good tip with fraps there... dident know you could record with that program. Although it seems only to record low resolution (I cant get it to work anyway) and the framerate of the movie is often too fast... I guess its soso.

Like I said before... nothing beats the good old DVCam.