Close

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Anyone here understand graphics? Why this game run choppy on athlon 1266 (380 sys ram) ti4600 (128mb) when overall framerates are high like 60+. Is it a texture resolution thing or what?
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Napalm sucks alright, you can thank the EA Morons sitting round the high-rise development table for that one.

EA Moron Boss: ooohh, what other kewl features should we have in this game?

EA Moron 1: hey, how bout unrealistic flying choppers dropping rainbow coloured napalm canisters on cars which are merely speeding. Of course the cars dont blow up, cause they are like...really really tough.

EA Moron 2: yeah! and we get cops saying like, "better stop pursuit, getting dangerous". After that we can get the helicopters to appear and drop bombs everywhere. And we'll make these helicopters are have like 0.5 gallons of fuel so they have to refuel every minute.

EA Moron 3: wweeeeeeeeeeeeee!

EA Boss: wwweeeeeeeeeeee! good work people.

EA Moron 2: Oh and btw we will make replay feature have less camera angles than the game itself. woohoo! I think 1 should suffice?

EA Boss: Yep sounds good. We might put more in the full game, but might be too difficult inplementing this complex feature in the demo.

EA Moron 1: Neat! Also forget what other pc games do. we should just make the title/options screen 1 low set resolution. Other games think they are so special matching the the title screen rez with the game res. Piff.

EA Moron 3: Hey i got a tricky trick. Lets make the demo and maybe the full game save the user options like only 'sometimes'. LOL! Wait till we see the look on their faces..hahaha!

EA Moron 2: And also im finding this game hard to play. Make it so the cops kinda like just drive around the place, not trying to hard to actually stop us.

EA Boss: Ok people thats a rap. Cya tomorrow. Wwwweeeeeeee!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by Sunbeam
    Anyone here understand graphics? Why this game run choppy on athlon 1266 (380 sys ram) ti4600 (128mb) when overall framerates are high like 60+. Is it a texture resolution thing or what?
    Napalm sucks alright, you can thank the EA Morons sitting round the high-rise development table for that one.

EA Moron 1: hey, how bout unrealistic flying choppers dropping rainbow coloured napalm canisters on cars which are merely speeding. Of course the cars dont blow up, cause they are like...really really tough.

EA Moron 2: yeah! and we get cops saying like, "better stop pursuit, getting dangerous". After that we can get the helicopters to appear and drop bombs everywhere. And we'll make these helicopters are have like 0.5 gallons of fuel so they have to refuel every minute.

EA Moron 2: Oh and btw we will make replay feature have less camera angles than the game itself. woohoo! I think 1 should suffice?

EA Boss: Yep sounds good. We might put more in the full game, but might be too difficult inplementing this complex feature in the demo.

EA Moron 1: Neat! Also forget what other pc games do. we should just make the title/options screen 1 low set resolution. Other games think they are so special matching the the title screen rez with the game res. Piff.

EA Moron 3: Hey i got a tricky trick. Lets make the demo and maybe the full game save the user options like only 'sometimes'. LOL! Wait till we see the look on their faces..hahaha!

EA Moron 2: And also im finding this game hard to play. Make it so the cops kinda like just drive around the place, not trying to hard to actually stop us.

lol, are you bored d00t?
    still funny imho ;D

Thanks
    Karma Level

Haha Funny

The same story happen to NHL2003.. less camera, less feature, new stupid feature, some that was anonced but not on the game..

Ea game are worst than before

But this game w/o elicopter will still be great

Originally posted by Sunbeam

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hehe 2:07,56 with Ferrari and manual transmission. It's much better with manual than auto
    And the chopper didn't bother me, cause it didn't catch up with me

Thanks
    Karma Level

New Demo out :
    http://www.clubic.com/t/gen/demo816.html

Autralian with 2 new car

click on "Démo australienne (Anglais)"

Thanks
    Karma Level

1:49.36 with the ferrari (MT)

http://www.qudo.demon.co.uk

Thanks
    Karma Level

bring on the bahurst bonus track

Thanks
    Karma Level

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sunbeam
    [B]Anyone here understand graphics? Why this game run choppy on athlon 1266 (380 sys ram) ti4600 (128mb) when overall framerates are high like 60+. Is it a texture resolution thing or what?
    I wish I knew dude I have an athlon 2100xp 512 ddr asus nforce board and a xtacy ti4200. Even at the absolute lowest setting (riva tuner lod bias +3 no anistropic filtering ect) when turning corners fast sometimes it seems broken. The framerate never drops below 90 with the lowest settings till it seems choppy. My other games run fine. Anyone have a solution that isnt some smart ass remark that takes a shot at me or my pc?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Heh, i was trying to see if i could put the australian version cars into the usa version but it didnt work. But i did notice in the files that you can customize a shit load of stuff, like almost everything in a level and car stats. I think you can actually make custom cars also in a 3d program (Maya 3d) i think and put them in the game. Im not an expert or anything but it seems like its pretty cool if its tru.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by Richard99
    1:49.36 with the ferrari (MT)

http://www.qudo.demon.co.uk
    Yeah, well anyone can get under 2:00 minutes with the Car horsepower hack. Duh.

Im talking about real live runs with no mods to the game for horsepower ( editing the car and car_hp .ini files ).

Moving on.

Thanks
    Karma Level

the only thing I very disappointed is lack of dashboard camera view !!!

wtf, wtf, wtf...

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm playing non-edited ini files using automatic shifting. Seems to me that the lowest time possible to get would be around 2:01 or 2:02. My best score is 2:03:06. However, one can probably do better using manual properly. I doubt 1:49 is possible using original ini files

Thanks
    Karma Level

hey simmo!
    it also locks up on my radeon 8500 after some seconds of driving. what a crap!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by apozaf
    hey simmo!
    Lower you detail level & your problem is solved

2:05:90 with the ferrari automatic
    Its possible it get it below the 2:05 but the copers keep bumbing in to me/my optimal road.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by Xorcist
    I'm playing non-edited ini files using automatic shifting. Seems to me that the lowest time possible to get would be around 2:01 or 2:02. My best score is 2:03:06. However, one can probably do better using manual properly. I doubt 1:49 is possible using original ini files
    i`m also playing non-editing ini files, using MANUAL shifting.. that gives you atleast 5 seconds on the lap vica versa automatic shifting. my best time is 1.59.16, but ě`m sure there`s a way to drive faster than that.. a friend of mine has personal best at 1.58.78 or something.. and even that wasen`t a "perfect" run.. (but not that far from it )

Thanks
    Karma Level

Tried to add the aussie cars too.Thought copying the car data might work ..maybe editing the config files a bit too ...but is doesn`t . I noticed that copying the car data and the executable in the US install will result in a working aussie demo

So it`s both the car data and the executable that need editing ... guess I can`t make it work anyway ... At least you can have both demos installed that way .

Thanks
    Karma Level

Best Totaltime with modifed Moderna ini. 1:59.6 ^_^
    Topspeed 520Km/h in 2.gear ...

http://rakanishu.ath.cx/nfshp2xenon.jpg

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by apozaf
    hey simmo!
    Did you actually look in the README?

"-For users with a Radeon 8500, setting the graphics detail settings to higher than default levels may cause an unstable PC environment."

Ususally setting the Special Effects to something lower than "Highest" is enough.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Guys anyone know if the demo is the game ¨retail¨ finished? or just minor updates coming soon?

No DASHBOARD view ? sux man ...

game is just fair enough

Thanks
    Karma Level

Why the hell can't I download the australian demo anywhere? It looks like all links have been taken down. Can anyone confirm this or post a working link?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast