Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default LPC Flashing Question Sniperkilla read in

hay sniperkilla on this post "http://www.isonews.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=92457" you said you cant flash the on board with that chip and i belive you your right you have to reboot so it wont work but what if you put the chip on and load the new evolution x then set it up to flash then remove the lpc reboot then flip the switch to enable writeing of the tsop then use evo to flash it and if you do it with evo and not boot software up it should work as long as you dont try to boot up the software lie xflash because it wont work since theres no chip even with it on hard drive so cant you use the evo x dash to flash??? or is my theory not possible if so let me know thanks.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Oh ho hum.. has it been 3 days already? Hahaha, come on, you know I had to reply.

Ok, trying to decipher english...

"put the chip on and load the new evolution x then set it up to flash then remove the lpc reboot then flip the switch to enable writeing of the tsop then use evo to flash it"

Answer: After many minutes of trying to decipher, I think you answered yourself at the end. Evox dashboard itself requires a modchip to run as a dashboard. So yes, when you remove the chip, you can't boot to evox to flash. Now wouldn't that be a cool idea in the future though. Somehow getting evox as signed so it can boot as default dash, then you should be able to flash the TSOP with the proper points bridged. Then that would pretty much eliminate the need to a mod chip all together wouldn't it? Somehow release a boot cd that is signed, hell, a demo disc, with a hidden menu somewhere and all the bios', then you could get to it, and flash the tsop... oh the possibilities...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default i have a chip in my xbox

i have a chip in my xbox its a homebrew extender and i flashed my friends xbox fine worked fine just a lot of soldering but what im trying to say is if you take the xbox and put Evo on it and take the chip out it still boots to the evolution dashboard i know it works couse i tryed it when my chip was out of my xbox i wanted to test to see if games could still boot from hard drive but they dont it would freeze but as you said for flashing it could work all you do is take it out and use evo to flash. the reason im trying to get this to work is couse i got the 1 wire chip and i thought i could flash my friends easyer this way but i guess not if it dont work. hay wait 3 more days and youll see it again. lol

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hmmm, odd, I really didn't think Evox would boot without a chip. Are you sure it can? If so, no.. it just can't. Please tell me we are not all going insane and that its not this easy? It just can't be. Please verify this again.

Thanks
    Karma Level

ha id like to see this evox booting without a modchip, must be the work of god himself cause its impossible

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default it works for me

i dont know why you guys cant get it to work so i decieded to take it apart and remove the chip and it still worked the evo booted fine from hard disc just not cd and the games on the hard disc dont boot eather but evo does boot up as original dash when the mod is out and when its back in it works with all again. this is wierd since i maybe the only one that can do this hhmm i dont know im geting my 1 wire chip on thursday and ill do more testing

Thanks
    Karma Level

Well, to be honest, I am not going to remove my PC-Bioxx to test this. I have not locked down my 80gig drive, so the reset button to boot to original bios works, but since no locked HD, it gets a service error. Something I have been meaning to fix, but you know how it is.. games work, no real hurry to fix to problem. Back to you though, please keep us informed when you get your LPC modchip, because booting evox should not work. If it did, then why couldn't anyone with a phillips drive burn evox to CDR, boot it, flash the bios, and be done. (I know, leaving out the very important bridge 2 points, still need to do that). My Evox on CDR would NOT boot without a chip installed. Please don't say CDRs dont work on XBox, they do as long as you have a Phillips DVD-Rom and know how to burn correctly.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default ok

i ment that once i have evo installed on the hard drive it will boot up with the chip out but you had to have a chip in it so you can boot evo from cd ftp it to hard drive then remove chip and evo still boots as long as its on your hard drive and not the cd because the cd wont work.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I concur with the skeptaicsm .. there is no way you can run Evox without a modchip...

Are you sure you didnt flash your onboard bios?? Then of course removing the chip works cause youve already altered the onboard bios...

There are bios check utilities.. grab one of those and make sure it says you have the retail bios still installed then we'll talk..

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default ok ill let you know

i know that the bios is original because the last xbox messed up after flash i lost some solder points the pads came off so i swaped it for a new one and just installed it on this one but ill let you know when i install my 1 wire chip ill keep you updated it may not come till thursday. I ordered from hackers hardware so if they ship fast it should be here i ordered on sunday so ill let you know when they show up.