Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default I need help!!! please read....!!

My xbox has the red green problem and i really dont know anything about soldering or anything technical. I even tried opening my xbox the other day to see if one of the points were loose but i couldn't get my motherboard to come off! Anyway, I think it could be a loose point on the modchip.

The problem is i got my modchip installed with premoddeddotcom and i know the guy pretty well now, but the only way i have to contact him is AIM and email, and he's never on aim anymore and email doesn't go through. This is basically my last resort:

Does anyone know any reliable businesses that could look at my xbox for me and fix it? Any businesses you've used yourself. It'd be best if they were in the Boston area so i could bring them the xbox and i'd feel safer! If you do any business (not having to be in the boston area) please please please, email me andreimatorin@attbi.com and tell me their websites, address or whatever.

Otherwise, If there's anyone who lives in the boston area that has experience with modding their xbox that would be willing to help me that would also be great. I'd be willing to pay some... I dont know, just email me too...

If you can't help me with either of the above, does anybody know where i can find an online instruction on how to take my motherboard apart so i can see if the points that the modchip are connected to are all good? a friend of mine has a soldering iron (and no experience) but i'd be wiling to take the risk.

This is my last resort, and i dont have enough money for a new xbox or anything, plus my parents think i always break everything (and the xbox was their dvd player). Any help would be really appreciated!! Otherwise i'll just have wasted $600 + total!!

THX ALOT

Thanks
    Karma Level

Why don't you tell us other things like; did it ever work did you just flash the chip, what kind of chip it is, selecting live feature on betas?

The flashing Red/Green could also mean that it can't find the xboxdash, try running a game.

Give us more info, and someone might be able to help you.

PS do this b4 you let your friend learn how to solder on your machine.

Thanks
    Karma Level

sorry, well the modchip is the sporty-x (custom) by premodded and it worked for about 2 months, i've had an orange light for like a week before but didn't think anything special of it. I do not use evoX and dont see why there would be any trouble with my dash, i never flashed the chip. not selecting any live features, just plain stopped working, it doesn't even open so i can't put a game in.

Thanks
    Karma Level

That sort of sounds like a bad solder joint or a faulty chip. Sorry but I can't help you with this one.

Thanks
    Karma Level

You got a joint problem....Smokey Smokey, no for real it sounds like thats the problem. I buy all my modchips from www.extreme-mods.com they will fix your system and ship it back to you for no more then $50. So tell them Hos to turn some tricks and give you that cash from busting some nutz.

Thanks
    Karma Level

great, thx for the info, at least now i know what's probably wrong. i might try to fix it myself though, i dont have that much dough, and it would be quicker! thx!