Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Please help, at wits end! About to give up :(

I have installed the matrix, all is fine, solid green, resets to red. (have it in mode 3) However I am still having some problems. With the Memorex cdrw's, music cd worked perfectly with tunespark. (skipping problems with nero) I have managed to load the cd rip of CHASE (the stunt game) on a memorex cdrw using discjuggler. Nero, maxnow, fireburner, cdrwin all fail. Office depot discs the same, the one game works poorly, burned with discjuggler only. (rest fail)
    Burning at 1x or 2x speeds. The game loads very, very slowly. The logo that comes up skipps 4 times. I can't get sega gt to load at all, nor the EVO-X boot disk disc.
    Xbox has tompson drive....
    I'm using an nec drive to burn them....
    Using complex 1.3 bios.....

I have now also tried on another xbox, same exact problems (it also had a thompson drive). Exact same problems.
    Tried more media, work fine as music cd's but fail as xbox iso's.
    I'm really wondering if I should just give up....
    Is there any way I can prep a 40 gig hard drive on my pc, and then program my bios with a ybox dash? In other words, can a prep the hard drive and just stick it in somehow? Everything I've read leads me to believe no, I have to have a boot disc working......

Thanks for any help......

Thanks
    Karma Level

If your Xbox doesn't read your burned media, don't bother - just temporarily install a PC DVD drive in your Xbox (xbox-scene has a solid walkthrough on that) and use that to read/install the Evox disc. Then yank the PC DVD drive out and put the Xbox back together.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Good god man! I just called my self idiot 10 times and smacked my head. I should have thought of that! Thanks a million!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by blackduck
    Good god man! I just called my self idiot 10 times and smacked my head. I should have thought of that! Thanks a million!
    LOL. No prob. I was going to suggest it in your original thread about your CD-RW probs, but figured you knew about the PC DVD swap and didn't want to/couldn't do it for whatever reason.

That's how I installed EvoX on my Xbox - did it at the same time as the new HDD install. I only had one brand of CD-RW in the apartment at the time, and there was no way I was going to fuck around with buying and trying all different brands.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Will do! Hopefully I can find a hard drive tommorow at a decent price. (costco maybe....)
    I have already programmed my bios to a ybox colormod.
    Hopefully I can figure out how to set it all up!
    At least if I can boot of my LG dvd rom I think I can figure out the rest with the help of the online tutorials.
    The other thing I want to figure out is how to get my xbox live files from my old hard drive onto the new one....might not be possible. I was considering getting a memory card, I heard you could move around files that way too.....