Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default holidays in jamaica

has anyone in here been on holiday to Jamaica? But not an all inclusive job. I've seen some reasonable prices about but it's been for RO/SC accom. Has ne1 else been on a trip like it, and whats it like? Price,safe etc. ne comments app.
    survived for a year on poisionous monkeys

Thanks
    Karma Level

I wouldn't bother mate, it's the murder capitol of the Carribean, didn't they find the bodies of 2 british tourists in a ditch the other day, hands bound and a double tap to the head each, hows that for a holiday experience?

Thanks
    Karma Level

if you do go then make sure you stay within the resort you go to, not worth venturing out... If you're not murdered then you'll be robbed for sure.

Try Barbados.. bit better
    Photography: Nikon D50 - 18-55mm, 70-300mm, 105mm Macro, 2 x 2gb SD Cards, Jessops Tripod, LowePro Rucksack

ABCMan

the reason all inc hols are so popular over there is that you get to stay within the resort which is reasonably safe, once outside as has been said if you come back with your life and all bodyparts intact you know you had a good holiday, robbery and murder are a way of life over there now.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I think the other chaps have summed it up these places are 3rd world contries you`ll will find it hard to get a SC/RO deal out there, i can how ever recomend Dominican Republic been there twice now, just got back 2 weeks ago very nice place..

try this place

http://www.riu.com/?hotel=MER&lng=uk

you carn`t go wrong there !! the do have a resort in jamaca i havent been there but if its anything like dominican then it will be fantastic ...

Warning !!

What ever you do don`t hire a car In Dominican Republic, or jamaica they don`t have driving test like us and most cars are not road worthy, if you have a crash you`ll be put in prison and there not all inclusive over there ... be warned

Thanks
    Karma Level

think I'll give it a miss , I'll just have to settle for skegness again.
    survived for a year on poisionous monkeys

Thanks
    Karma Level

Jamaica is really nice, but as everyine has said do not bother leaving the tourist areas. When I went we went off to find a restaurant and got a bit lost in Kingston, there was beggers and dodgy looking rasta's everywhere.

Stick to the resort beaches and the tours run by the hotels, try not to be put off by the bad rep - as it really is a nice part of the world.

Just don't go exploring!
    Liverpool FC - Pride of Merseyside
    Attention - Use Ebay? - Support DF and use this link when buying/selling/signing up:
    The Digital Forums / Ebay Affiliate Link

Thanks
    Karma Level

i went there on my homeymoon to an AI resort called trelawney beach club

its the best holiday i ever had

really nice freindly people

the north of the island tends to be better for no trouble

food was amazing

would recommend it to anyone

but as the gunner says

stick with the tours and the resort

although we got friendly with a taxi guy who did the tours for us, much cheaper and we had our own minibus that we shared with a scouse couple we met out there

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm sorry guys you're wrong. As with anywhere we visit it's about keeping your wits about you and not letting your common sense go because you’re on holiday. Where do think the murder capital of the world is? Try here would you think twice before going here? The Americans have been advising its nationals against visiting London, because they perceive London to be one of the most dangerous places on earth, is this true, who of you would be put off from visiting London? If you can survive in any of the inner cities in the UK you'll be fine in most places, just as long as you're sensible. I've been to Jamaica on several occasions without incident and I don't put this down to luck. If Jamaica where so bad then the American's and the German's who frequent the island more than the British would stop going. Those who have raised their fears should check the statistics for other more visited place to see what the true figures are; you'll be surprised.