Close

Thread: Hello

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Hello

Hi - my name is hedgie - a nickname I was given at school more than 20 years ago, based on my surname.

Have the dubious privilege of having lived in Croydon for 29 out of my 30 years, which has seen me become a big fan of Crystal Palace FC for my sins. I haven't missed a home match of any kind since January 1993.

I enjoy watching films & DVD's, football, Formula 1 & CART and listening to music - mostly Rock & Indie.

I'm here because someone on another forum recommended it, and am interested in seeing what the forum has to offer.

Hope to see you around

Dave

Thanks
    Karma Level

Your not a Schitmacher fan are you ?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Usually I am someone who gets behind the British drivers, whoever they are! Sadly we haven't had a great amount to cheer for a few years, but I still enjoy watching whoever is driving.

Have never particularly liked either Schumacher. I would respect Michael more if he simply admitted to deliberately taking Damon off in Adelaide all those years back (don't think they would take the championship away from him now!) and I really do think that the only reason Ralf is there is because his brother is Michael.

Last season, for the last eight races of the year, I had the F1 Digital+ coverage on Sky. It allowed me to watch the midfield battles, which were much more interesting. I think that I saw less of Michael on my screen than most of the other drivers, even though he was winning every race. Generally, I just ignored the Ferraris. Sadly, the service has been discontinued, so I'm stuck with ITV next season again.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Well Im sure I can convert you into a full bloody shitmacher hater by the end of this season with a little help from some other fellow haters here.

Marcode and KneeDoc if your reading

Those are two sad Schitmacher fans by the way.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Believe me, I won't take much converting .

Thanks
    Karma Level

Someone called me a convert the other day....at least I think that's what she said as she quickly shut the bedroom curtains

Lo hedgie - good to have another F1 fan to share the goading of Marco etc with

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanks for letting me know the level of discussion here early on . Now I know what I am up against!

Thanks
    Karma Level

I know it can be a little daunting at first but stick around and you'll soon see that IQ reach the required level hedgie

Thanks
    Karma Level

hedgie do not be swayed by the rabble who can not accept the fact that Schuee is the best F1 driver ever.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Don't worry - the 'rabble' haven't got to me over Schumacher. I made up my opinion of him all by myself . Sorry, but I haven't seen anything from Schumacher to show that he is better than Senna yet. If Senna had survived San Marino, I'm sure that he would have won the next two championships in the Williams, which (thanks to Damon Hill's development) was the best car at the time.

I won't deny that he is a good driver, but until he has a team mate who is allowed to fight him fair and square, there must always be a remaining doubt that his dominance is simply down to having the richest team in F1 working almost exclusively for him.

Thanks
    Karma Level

nicely put Hedgie but Ringo Star put it better when he rammed Hill off the track to steal the championship he said:

HES A W@NKER ! and he was right.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Harsh......... but fair!

Social Networking Bookmarks