Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Breaking News - Policeman killed during terrorism raid in Manchester.

A police officer has died and four others have been injured during a counter terrorism operation in Manchester.
    The dead officer is believed to have been stabbed in the chest.

Another officer is reported to have been knifed in the arm and is being treated at North Manchester General Hospital where his condition has been described as "critical".

The injuries happened as Greater Manchester Police officers and immigration officials raided premises in Crumpsall, north Manchester on Tuesday at 1750 GMT to detain a man, believed to be of north African origin, under counter terrorism legislation.

Details here

Also just found a news feed......

16e 12554 H 5632 3/4.

Thanks
    Karma Level

just seen a newsflash on sky.

WTF ?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Officer killed during terrorism raid

A police officer has died and four others have been injured during a counter terrorism operation in Manchester.
    The 40-year-old plain clothed detective constable was treated at the scene on Tuesday night for stab wounds but died later in hospital.

The operation was linked to the discovery of the deadly poison ricin in a north London flat last week and to the Metropolitan Police anti-terrorism operation, police have confirmed.

Another officer is reported to have been knifed in the arm and is being treated at North Manchester General Hospital where his condition has been described as "critical".

The injuries happened as Greater Manchester Police officers and immigration officials raided premises in Crumpsall, north Manchester, on Tuesday at 1750 GMT to detain a man under counter terrorism legislation.

Prime Minister Tony Blair and Home Secretary David Blunkett have condemned the killing.

'No protective clothing'

Greater Manchester Police's Assistant Chief Constable Alan Green told reporters the officers had been attacked by a large kitchen knife after they entered a property in Crumpsall Lane to detain one man.

Some of the police officers were not wearing protective clothing, he said.

The three men who were arrested were thought to be of North African origin, said police.

Mr Green paid tribute to the officer who died and has not yet been named.

"We have lost a colleague and many people have lost a friend".

Mr Blair said: "It is an appalling tragedy and wicked in the extreme."

Mr Blunkett added: "My thoughts are with all of those injured and my deepest condolences go out to the families of the officer who was killed".

'Struggle

Witnesses at the scene said a struggle broke out during the arrests and described the three men being taken from flat.

Five officers involved were two detective constables, one detective inspector, one uniformed sergeant and one uniformed police constable.

The junction of Crumpsall Lane and Middleton Road has been closed to traffic.

Shortly after 2000 GMT, officers wearing chemical suits entered the property.

Police said the three-storey Victorian semi, where the arrests took place, is split into several separate apartments.

Residents said the suburban street is normally a quiet area.

One resident said: "It's shocking something like this has happened."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/2659133.stm
    All sweeping statements are wrong.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Before I'd finished reading the article I thought another stab vest must have failed but he wasn't wearing one

Speechless...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hmm, if they'll kill a copper they'll do just about anything else I guess. How long before the first suicide bomb on Bristish Soil?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by CzarJunkie
    Hmm, if they'll kill a copper they'll do just about anything else I guess. How long before the first suicide bomb on Bristish Soil?
    i think if we bomb\invade iraq we will soon find out

booboo

ABCMan

lets just hope that if "they" start over here we give them everything "they" deserve

and you all know exactly what i mean by "they"

Thanks
    Karma Level

The dead officer was not wearing a stab-vest because he and his colleagues entered the building sometime after the initial raid, and the situation was deemed to be "Under control".

It turns out the suspect was NOT wearing handcuffs.

Thanks
    Karma Level

It turns out the suspect was NOT wearing handcuffs.
    Thats just ridiculous! Bungled police job by the sounds of it.

On the plus site, its another bunch of fanatics behind bars forever (or 2 years with good behaviour ). (They wont be able to riggle out of a murder charge which happened in front of a ton of police.)
    Try Gentoo, the linux source distro...
    Currently Playing: Viewtifull Joe (GC), Mario Kart : Double Dash (GC), Mario & Luigi Superstars (GBA).

Thanks
    Karma Level

hi
    i wonder if these fanatics are asylum seekers..

Thanks
    Karma Level

Surprise,surprise....the murdering scumbag was a fraudulent asylum seeker.
    Not only that,he's been here 4 years,and had two requests for asylum turned down.

WTF is he still here...????
    Seemingly he can stay under some Human Rights bollox....but doesnt get paid any benefit....he'll have to buy his own chemicals then..!!!

Im trying hard not to step over the line here,but this really does my nuts.

Those seeking asylum come here with CLEAN RECORDS...........I appreciate many need our help,and Im more than happy to commit my taxes to helping those who need it.

This hits home,because its a British policeman.
    God forbid,but the day that The Houses of Parliament are blown up,its the day that we'll all waken up,to what happened in New York.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by beekae
    God forbid,but the day that The Houses of Parliament are blown up,its the day that we'll all waken up,to what happened in New York.
    Maybe thats what is needed as that way a lot of the braindead idiots would be gone and those shellshocked ones that would remain may pass a few decent laws whilst in thier shellshocked conditions.:cheese:
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

This world don`t make no sense, my mum came over to the uk in the late 60`s when they were kicked out of uganda by a crazy moslem fanatic who was in power at that time( idi amin ada) reason for kickin my mum and family out along with thousands of others was that this guy had dreamt that god had come to him in a dream and told him to kick out all indians, my family are sikh originating from india they were given 24 hours to get out with £50 cash and one bag leaving everything they had worked for behind. Since being over here my parents have never stepped out of line once worked their butts off all bills/taxes paid on time nothing but the utmost respect for British soil, but recently ive seen an influx of p***takers Ive seen people taking mini cabs up to the city so they and their kids can go stealing/pickpocketing they have huge houses paid for by our taxes, what I can`t understand is why people can be so $hit and get away with it gotta be something that can be done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!