Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

i need to b signed off

going to the docs and i need to b signed off (work wont let me have time of for my wifes antinatal appiontment), is there n e sure (as sure as u can be) way of getting signed off, if so, i need to know how, and the symptons etc.

cheers John

Thanks
    Karma Level

i do a lot of heavy lifting at work so........whos knows wot might happen again tho where would the pain b and is it constant?

Thanks
    Karma Level

If you pull or tear a shoulder muscle then the pain from that would show itself in your lower back and it would be quite intense.
    You would barely be able to move for at least 7 days, in fact the pain would be so bad that you would'nt even be able to get out of bed without help.
    When you attempt to walk, you're movements will be moderately slow and deliberate. Practice walking around like you have just $hit your pants, because thats how you want to walk in front of the doctor.
    Understeer is when you hit a wall with the front of your car
    Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the back of your car
    Horsepower is how fast your car hits the wall
    Torque is how far your car sends the wall across the field once you've hit it

Thanks
    Karma Level

Or use my current injury, trapped nerve in the neck. Nobody can prove it does or doesn't hurt. I have been milking it for over a week now, the actual pain and discomfort lasted 2 day's. Or the bad back excuse, nobody can prove it doesn't hurt.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by Pegasus Team
    When you attempt to walk, you're movements will be moderately slow and deliberate. Practice walking around like you have just $hit your pants, because thats how you want to walk in front of the doctor.

@johnno - hope you manage to get the time off cos I think it's damn low of the Co. not letting you take it for something that important, have they never heard of work relations

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by tef89

@johnno - hope you manage to get the time off cos I think it's damn low of the Co. not letting you take it for something that important, have they never heard of work relations
    the wife's appointment is for the 28th of jan. and if u think thats bad she had an appointment on the 13th of march when she'll b 35 week and im not allowed that either, so i thought **** it, if they wont give me a DAY off i'll do my damnest to get a week off!

Thanks
    Karma Level

get a ralgex stick n plaster shed loads on the top of ur foot bout 20 mins b4 ur appointment, then when u put ur sock on it will burn like hell m8, soon enuff u wont b able to walk properly and when ur sat talking to the doc ull b making all sorts of agitated movements, xplain how just to the right of ur foot feels real bad, kinda like a sprained ankle n u keep turning ur ankle, for example walking down a perfectly flat road n ur ankle just keeps buckling underneath u.

if he ask u to point out the area direct him towards the slight lump just underneath the outside point of ur ankle, this is the area were i suffer from ligament damage n the above condition requires physi apointments, tell him uve rested it etc n u remember doing sumthing similar when tounger playing football.

or if ur negood with altering things via pc i could scan my appointment card n u could alter it accordingly, putting ur own area nhs etc and add in a few "physio apointments" that u need on a old injury.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

i got a baseball bat handy if thats helps?

(17:18:34) (+Cam) i need to mount my xbox hdd in linux
    (17:19:02) (+SpikeWork) youth of today, they'll mount anything

Thanks
    Karma Level

i gotta say, i dont agree with this thread.reason being i seen sommit like it a while ago and the person got ripped to bits over it there are genuine reasons to go "on the sick"im sure but most hard working people dont like it(people fooling the sys?).im not bothered either way but felt i had to mention this.beside ever think of who may be reading these posts???and who you may be helping?

booboo

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by big johnno
    the wife's appointment is for the 28th of jan. and if u think thats bad she had an appointment on the 13th of march when she'll b 35 week and im not allowed that either, so i thought **** it, if they wont give me a DAY off i'll do my damnest to get a week off!
    if iwas u i would tell ur work that ur taking it off no matter what, and if they don;t like it they can give u a written warning, or sack u. if this happens take them to the european court of human right, for unfair dismisal etc. see them shit it then. maybe worth posting something in the legal section about this. you should not have to resort to pulling a sickie so u can take ur pregnant wife to hospital. stand up 4urself mate and good luck
    Digital-Forums IRC Last.FM duckduckgo
    Guns don't kill people rappers do, I'm a fucking rapper and I might kill you.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Gotta say whever you work for is real tight not letting you have time off, I thought this was a legal thing now or is that just for after the birth.?
    On the sickie front madmancs first post has exactly the same symptoms my knee gives sometimes, they sent me for an MRI scan but didnt find anything and there was no way they were going to do an exploritory op. Hurts like hell when it goes though.
    Cant blame you for going for a week off they should be more considerate, it's not like youve sprung it on them is it.
    Life is like a pubic hair on a toilet seat, sooner or later you get pissed off.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Bad back.

Had a week off last year, but genuine. But call a Doctor out... Early Morning. As in about 5. Total pain, and u could not move to the bathroom, it just locked. Lower back and now laying horizontal in bed and breathing is a problem.

That call out alone may not be enough, but the one you make mid afternoon, with the problem not getting and better, will have the effect.

Good Luck.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Sciatica http://www.medinfo.co.uk/conditions/sciatica.html

Sciatica is the term given to pain down the leg, which is caused by irritation of the main nerve into the leg, the sciatic nerve. This pain tends to be caused where the nerves pass through and emerge from the lower bones of the spine (lumbar vertebrae).

I had this for 9 months following a scrum collapse. It is pain like you will never want to feel again.

Key point is that the pain is in your LEFT leg and it is constant.

You find walking very painful, as will be sitting still or lying down for any period longer than around 10 minutes.

The pain radiates through the whole of your left leg.

Limp in, say you have had the pain for a few days. You have had trouble sleeping because you normally sleep on your front left side and the pain is waking you up.

Sitting down, you feel a pressure at the lower base of your back.

I hope all goes well with your forth coming birth. Good Luck.

G

Thanks
    Karma Level

thanks for the info guys, i'll let u know how it goes

Thanks
    Karma Level

Don't bother with anything that will stick to your sick record.
    Easy method.
    The day before you want off, a tin of beans for breakfast. all morning you will have grumbling guts. At each growl, complain loudly about how awful you are feeling.
    Lunch time, Egg butties. By now your innards are boiling well.
    Mid afternoon, start farting, long, loud and often. (The egg butties will be working their magic by now.) All the time, complaining that you feel awful.
    Home time (If you don't get sent home for the sake of your fellow workers), One huge dump and you feel better.
    The morning of the day you want off, you ring in to work stating that you are 'vomiting copiously from all orifices'.
    Who is going to not believe you with your masterful performance from the previous day.
    A benefit of this method is that you are not left with 'Back / Joint injury on your sick record to haunt you in the future.

GB.
    If it's described as foolproof, you can bet they are about to breed a better fool.