Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Weapons etc.,found in Mosque raid...well,well,well...

Read here;
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/2678071.stm

Try the BTOpenworld site too;
    LONDON (Reuters) - Police searching a London mosque which was raided in the country`s biggest anti-terror operation since September 11 say they have found tear gas and a stun gun.

Seven men were arrested at the North London Central Mosque during a police raid that was part of a wider probe into the discovery of ricin poison.

Security services believe the mosque, in the suburb of Finsbury Park, was a centre for recruiting and supporting violent Islamic extremists.

"Police have recovered a stun gun, one blank-firing imitation firearm and one CS gas (tear gas) canister during the search of the Finsbury Park mosque," a police spokeswoman said.

"Police have also recovered a large quantity of documents including passports, identity cards and credit cards. These have been taken away for examination and the search is ongoing."

About 150 police in body armour used battering rams and ladders to raid the mosque in the hours before dawn.

But in a sign of the sensitivity of the operation, the officers wore special covers on their shoes and avoided prayer areas "to show our respect for the Muslim faith", according to a police statement.

Six of the men arrested were north Africans and one was east European. They were taken from inside the mosque and two adjacent homes and are still being questioned.

"These are people involved in terrorist activities, we believe," Assistant Police Commissioner Andy Trotter told Reuters. "The intelligence has been justified by what we have found...a number of very interesting documents."

It was the most dramatic in a series of counter-terrorism swoops in recent months, with the pace quickening after the discovery earlier this month of a small amount of the deadly poison ricin in a flat in the nearby Wood Green district.

The mosque is the base of one of Britain`s most outspoken Muslim clerics, Abu Hamza al-Masri, who won notoriety for praising Saudi-born militant Osama bin Laden`s al Qaeda network, which Washington blames for the September 11, 2001 attacks.

Egyptian-born Masri, who has one eye and wears a hook where a hand was blown off by a landmine, was not arrested.

"DESECRATION"?

He told Reuters the raid was a "barbaric desecration of our mosque", part of an unfair wider "war on Muslims". It was a knee-jerk reaction to last week`s killing of a policeman in an anti-terror raid in northern England, said Masri.

Masri, leader of a group called Supporters of Sharia (Islamic law), said two of the seven men held were security staff and five volunteers who did tasks like cleaning.

"Police believe these premises have played a role in the recruitment of suspected terrorists and in supporting their activity both here and abroad," the police statement said.

Britain has arrested more than 200 terror suspects since the September 11 attacks, with most of those detained said to be north African and mainly Algerian.

A spokesman for Tony Blair said the operation had the prime minister`s full support. "The Islamic religion has been hijacked by a small group of fanatics," he added.

Moderate Muslim groups were uncomfortable with the raid on a place of sanctity but eager to distance themselves from Masri.

Radical Islamists, however, were defiant.

"This raid will increase our recruitment," Sheikh Omar Bakri Muhammad, leader of the radical UK-based al Muhajiroun group, told Reuters. "If they arrest us, we will become martyrs."

The quotes are classic.
    Last edited by beekae; 20th January 2003 at 10:09 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

And there was me thinking that Moslems were a peace loving lot (I must cut down on my LSD intake)
    Understeer is when you hit a wall with the front of your car
    Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the back of your car
    Horsepower is how fast your car hits the wall
    Torque is how far your car sends the wall across the field once you've hit it

Thanks
    Karma Level

heard that mullah bloke who they want to chuck out on the radio today; he was alleging that the stun gun+ricin was used by 'cleaners or security staff'...god lol chuck him out the sooner the better
    "The British Secret Service was staffed at one point almost entirely by alcoholic homosexuals working for the KGB."
    Clive James

Thanks
    Karma Level

About 150 police in body armour used battering rams and ladders to raid the mosque in the hours before dawn.
    But in a sign of the sensitivity of the operation, the officers wore special covers on their shoes and avoided prayer areas "to show our respect for the Muslim faith", according to a police statement.
    Does any one else have a bizarre image in thier heads like i do???

Fully armoured Old Bill, sheilds, batterring rams, and night sticks drawn, steaming in to nick a load of terrorist suspects................while wearing slippers!!!!!
    Is it just me that finds this funny?
    "God is a comedian, playing to an audience who are too afraid to laugh...."

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Weapons etc.,found in Mosque raid...well,well,well...

Originally posted by beekae

[/B][/He told Reuters the raid was a "barbaric desecration of our mosque", part of an unfair wider "war on Muslims". It was a knee-jerk reaction to last week`s killing of a policeman in an anti-terror raid in northern England, said Masri....[/B][/

BOLLOCKS!!!

[/B][/Moderate Muslim groups were uncomfortable with the raid on a place of sanctity but eager to distance themselves from Masri...[/B][/

If its a place of sanctity why did these scum-bags tarnish it??

[/B][/"This raid will increase our recruitment," Sheikh Omar Bakri Muhammad, leader of the radical UK-based al Muhajiroun group, told Reuters. "If they arrest us, we will become martyrs."... [/B]
    So be it.......

Thanks
    Karma Level

Old Omar Bakri or what ever his name is, was on the telly tonight in an interview with, an MP and the interviewer, when he accused the MP of being biased towards him "you are a Jewish MP, and you are biased towards muslims!" the MP replied, " I`m not Jewish!!!!!"

Well i laughed!!!!!
    "God is a comedian, playing to an audience who are too afraid to laugh...."

Thanks
    Karma Level

They had some intelligence expert on News24 at dinnertime and he said something which I thought made a lot of sense. He said the reason why that mad twat mulla ain't arrested, deported or harrassed in anyway is because it is far better for the intelligence services to know the whereabouts of these 'mouthpeices' because they attract the real terrorists and as we've seen in recent days, the intelligence services have done a good job in foiling a potential ricin attack and arresting a number of dangerous terrorists.

ABCMan

the officers wore special covers on their shoes and avoided prayer areas "to show our respect for the Muslim faith", according to a police statement
    so now they know where to hide all their terrorist stuff in all the other mosques

Thanks
    Karma Level

And there was me thinking that Moslems were a peace loving lot (I must cut down on my LSD intake)

Hey muslims are peace loving people it just when you get an arsehole u get one

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by CzarJunkie
    They had some intelligence expert on News24 at dinnertime and he said something which I thought made a lot of sense. He said the reason why that mad twat mulla ain't arrested, deported or harrassed in anyway is because it is far better for the intelligence services to know the whereabouts of these 'mouthpeices' because they attract the real terrorists ...
    As a small side note...

The main reason why we have not expelled Abu Hamza (whom I guess is the person you are all talking about) is because he is a British citizen. He has not been extradited to Yemen because we have no extradition treaty with them, and because of the appalling state of their justice system.

Now Im not saying I agree with this guy at all, but it would be a worrying president if we did export him to Yemen. (I wouldn't want to be extradited there, would you?)

Just thought I would throw that in before everyone gets up and shouts 'we should kick him out' etc etc...
    Try Gentoo, the linux source distro...
    Currently Playing: Viewtifull Joe (GC), Mario Kart : Double Dash (GC), Mario & Luigi Superstars (GBA).

Thanks
    Karma Level

no comments

Thanks
    Karma Level

The hook arm, one eyed mullah only has British nationality because he married an English woman then divorced her.

He should have been stripped of his British status.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by Robbie
    The hook arm, one eyed mullah only has British nationality because he married an English woman then divorced her.

He should have been stripped of his British status.
    Yes but fortunatly this is a long process. There is a reason nationality cannot just be stripped away. You have to be in the country for 4 years before you can apply for citizenship. By then you will be 'settled' possibly with children. Just because you then get divorced does not meen you should loose citizenship. (Remember a lot of countrys do not allow dual citizenship, like the US.)

Whether we like it or not, he is British, with all the guarantees and protection that provides.

While Id be more than happy to see him shipped off to Yemen, I wouldnt want it at the expence of my own liberty.
    Try Gentoo, the linux source distro...
    Currently Playing: Viewtifull Joe (GC), Mario Kart : Double Dash (GC), Mario & Luigi Superstars (GBA).

Thanks
    Karma Level

Whether we like it or not, he is British
    my arse British .. then the pope is a Protestant

Thanks
    Karma Level

Great!

so the next one is wood green

Originally posted by ABCMan
    so now they know where to hide all their terrorist stuff in all the other mosques