Close

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default ok i have joined the uni gym

im nearly 13 stone, 20 years old, 5ft 10 and my body looks basically clapped out

been at uni for over 4 months now - and i have drank like a fish
    and eaten crap for all that time - i have never been particularly
    healthy but i really need to do something about it now so now
    that i have joined the gym im gonna stop the kebabs & seriousely
    reduce the amount of alcohol i am gonna drink - my main problem
    is the diet part - i have read a few posts on here before - my
    idea was too eat alot of fruit - cut out burgers, chips etc.
    and go for say alot of Pasta but i dont know what kind of stuff
    to go with the pasta etc. - any advice guys

i wanna lose weight and tone up - does anyone have a good
    routine i can use for a beginner - walking is one of the things
    i used to enjoy the most but i seem to have stopped altogether
    and discovered that the bus was more convenient

my gym induction is on monday morning at 10:30 so i am gonna
    learn how to use the equipment but which areas should i be
    concentrating on to see improvements and how long does it
    take if i stick to the routine - not in a great rush just wondered
    as it would give me something to look ahead to when i am at
    the gym etc. - also will any supplements etc. help me and where
    can they be obtained

any info would be very much appreciated
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

Thanks
    Karma Level

If you want to lose fat and tone up it all depeneds on how serious you wanna get, if you want to build some muscle too, and of course your metabolism rate, as everyone's is different.

Firstly, well done for joining a gym, thats usually the hard part to admit your body is in bad shape, so well done, now is the easy bit, dedication. I would recommend going 2-3 times a week initially, use pretty much all the machines (not a good idea to start on free weights) as that will give an all round train, and if possible use rowing machines and bikes to add some cardio in the mix. As you progress and the times for running increase, and the weights get higher move up to 4-5 times per week.

After 3-4 weeks you should have good gains and should be toning nicely and sill be getting the odd complement from people saying youre looking better to boost your confidence, it all helps, cause the more you do, the harder it gets, and the more self concious you will become, and possibly even vain if you take it too far.

But remember, take it nice and slow at first to avoid injury, injuries will put you back months so should be avoided at all costs.

Diet wise - difficult one that as everyone's different, but pasta is good as long as you are training - try eating with chicken (fillets if you can afford) and meals like chicken with rice etc. If you want to increase your size you will have to start eating more meat and less fat - keep away from fatty dairy products, especially cheese.

Let us know how you go on.......

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

thanks for the quick reply

will let ya know how i go on
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

Thanks
    Karma Level

There's not much more i can add really after morphs post but at first it doesn't usually matter what you eat because your body will crave for as much energy it can get at first, but if ya can start now then why not.

45 - 60 mins in the gym is good, then you are best having your tea after you have trained, not just before.

I wasn't interested in the gym when i first started but i promised i would give it at least 4 weeks, it was about this time that i started to notice the visual change in my body appearance.... this was enough for me to decide that i was going to stick with it.

You do need to cut down on the alcohol and watch out for them late night kebab house raids
    "Sex at age 90 is like trying to shoot pool with a rope."
    > > > George Burns

Thanks
    Karma Level

Firstly, well done for joining a gym, thats usually the hard part to admit your body is in bad shape, so well done, now is the easy bit, dedication. I would recommend going 2-3 times a week initially, use pretty much all the machines (not a good idea to start on free weights) as that will give an all round train, and if possible use rowing machines and bikes to add some cardio in the mix. As you progress and the times for running increase, and the weights get higher move up to 4-5 times per week.
    One thing to remember, if its your first time in a gym, your probably going to need someone to show you how to use the machines in the most efficent way for you. If you dont you might end up doing your self more harm than good!
    Try Gentoo, the linux source distro...
    Currently Playing: Viewtifull Joe (GC), Mario Kart : Double Dash (GC), Mario & Luigi Superstars (GBA).