Close

Thread: key change

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default key change

what will happen when they change the keys exactly,if my rom 10 is not locked out, cant i read someones subbed card exchange my details re write and free tv am i right in thinking this?my bin file is being paid for monthly so wont everything update with the subscription card ,then surely its a case of reading the new details and re writing rom 10 unless of course your locked out!!!but if thats the case why not write all your boxkey cam ird on back of cable box then if you are locked out make funcard or buy rom 10 cards off your friendly ntl bod wot ya think

Thanks
    Karma Level

my bin file is being paid for monthly
    ??????????

its late and im confused????? your post is very confusing

booboo:erm

Thanks
    Karma Level

the problem will be that ALL cards will have their backdoor keys changed and therefore cards locked, so you wont be able to read any cards. this is at the moment. there maybe a way around this soon but untill then, i think there is NO access to the updated cards.

whats wrong with recording the box/card details on your pc on in a note book. (lol)

i think if you have access to your card/box details at the mo it may be the best thing to do a funcard from now instead of risking the mosc.
    Never Take Your Eyes Off The Prize, And Even When You're Getting High, Dont Ever Hesitate To Try.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default backdoor lock out

do you think they will constantly be sending out the signal to block rom 10s or will it be like the analogues ecm over a period of weeks then they move on,also what would happen if you had a subscribed box which was unplugged for a month, during that time the keys changed when plugged back on will card work or will it work just after updating ,will it update? cheers anyone

Thanks
    Karma Level

well, when they 'descided' to update the current cards i think they did it in most areas at once as people from all over the place have had theirs updated. as for a card not in the data stream for a month, i think we need to see logs to see what is being sent and for what periods in what areas. i dont think there is really anyway of knowing much without the logs.
    Never Take Your Eyes Off The Prize, And Even When You're Getting High, Dont Ever Hesitate To Try.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by drfelix
    well, when they 'descided' to update the current cards i think they did it in most areas at once as people from all over the place have had theirs updated. as for a card not in the data stream for a month, i think we need to see logs to see what is being sent and for what periods in what areas. i dont think there is really anyway of knowing much without the logs.

What setup are you using to log these boxes ?

regards
    jim