Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default why ban tango man all he did was post a link???

like the topic says he didnt steal anything, just posted a link to a post at bms that someone else posted about something he thought would be helpful to others.

there is nothing in the rules about posting links to other forums.
    if the link on bms was to a file that wasnt suposed to be public then deleting the thread and telling tango man not to post that link would have been all that was needed.

ABCMan

i think this was already explained to you rob (or are you sue?) anyway for those who didnt know tangoman, tango man and rob1 are all the same person which of course is why rob is now banned too (along with his spare tangoman account that he'd set up)

to sum up
    tango man - banned for posting something that could cause this forum and many other people some serious shit (on other forums too)

rob1 and tangoman - banned because all the accounts belonged to the same person.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I get the feeling that this is more to do with a witch hunt against tango! from my dealings with him I can tell you he actively goes out of his way to help the members of this forum and others.
    The bloke deserves a break it seems that certain people above are just waiting to sh*t on him from a great height he's being hounded from forum to forum. not a nice thing to witness from a group of so called like minded people.
    lets get on with what we do best and forget all this crap thats travelling from 1 forum to the next.
    tobnvodka

Thanks
    Karma Level

Removed As Has Been Resolved

H
    Last edited by FR15K; 25th February 2003 at 03:13 PM.
    Raptor is a :censored and a bit of a :banned :censored :censored :censored

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by tobnvodka
    I get the feeling that this is more to do with a witch hunt against tango! from my dealings with him I can tell you he actively goes out of his way to help the members of this forum and others.
    The bloke deserves a break it seems that certain people above are just waiting to sh*t on him from a great height he's being hounded from forum to forum. not a nice thing to witness from a group of so called like minded people.
    lets get on with what we do best and forget all this crap thats travelling from 1 forum to the next.
    tobnvodka
    He got banned for having dual accounts, similar to yours on the shack!

https://modshack.co.uk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29577

Wefty

Thanks
    Karma Level

He got banned for having dual accounts, similar to yours on the shack!

If you would care to read throught he past posts you will see I have asked for that account to be merged

https://modshack.co.uk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29634
    tobnvodka
    Last edited by tobnvodka; 18th February 2003 at 08:18 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Isnt havin free TV enuff for u guys? If it werent for the likes of FR15K, sporty etc... all u wud still b watchin bbc1. Havin shit like dat all over the place will get the forum shut down and even the hack bein no more. FFs stop bitchin, if u dont like how things r run den don't come here. Thread closed, waste of space.

EM.

ABCMan

Originally posted by tobnvodka
    tobnvodka
    since i'm the obvious target of the above quote, i'd better make my position clear, i did not ban the original account on here as i never saw the post, i dont know who did ban him but given what he posted and the way it was aquired i can understand it. at some point later rob1 registered and posted pretending to be another person asking about someone who had just been banned, i chose to check as suspicions were aroused (and i wasnt the only one who checked) and discovered that not only was rob1 the same person as tango man, but that he also had a third account under D-F policy this is an automatic ban not a witch hunt as you say. we often make exceptions for people creating a second account because they have a problem with their main one, this gets sorted out (in private) and the second account gets removed once the main account is running again, there are also a couple of exceptional cases where a second account is needed to enable someone to post something that they would be unable to post otherwise, but these are special cases and we are notified in advance.

just look in the hos to see the number of multiple joiners that get banned time after time, they are not witch hunts anymore than this case is.

i'm sorry that you feel the way you do on this, but it isnt going to change D-F policy, or mine.

ABCMan

at the request of a couple of the mods and having served a ban, we have decided to give tango man a second chance on df

therefore as of now his tango man account is unbanned (however tangoman and rob1 will remain banned, he only needs 1 )

i'll say on behalf of admin and the mods welcome back, you join a very select few who are allowed back, i hope that in future you will take a little care to curb your enthusiam for all things digital, remember if in doubt it pays to ask first.

Have fun

Thanks
    Karma Level

thanks m8
    and i would like to thank HM for the getting me back onto this board

i hope now we have sorted our diferances out yet again lol and everyone else can stay out of it rofl
    i am glad to be back on this board i didnt intend to get banned in the first place as for the other accounts i only made them to voice my opinion as to why i was banned m8 so yes ur right i dont need them lol.
    thanks again

tango man.

ABCMan

wb, hopefully it wont happen again

matter over