Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

r u guys nuts or what 6lb a week is good 4 a while all your doing is depriving ur body of the thing that u need. in time ur body will crave so much that every thing u r doing now will b invane....
    aktins is okay for a while but not full time .. don't forget ur body need the goodness in spuds and rice etc in moderation... excercise also helps a lot. a lot of ur wait lose is fluid thats y it looks good don't get me wrong a good quick fix but not 4 long ...
    a diet is 4 life not just for christmas
    dont think of any diet as a deit just eat healthy and you'll lose weight in no time
    7stone in a year ive lost so i know what im about
    www.facebook.com/bigbadleo
     Big-Bad-Leo 

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by bigbadleo
    r u guys nuts or what 6lb a week is good 4 a while all your doing is depriving ur body of the thing that u need. in time ur body will crave so much that every thing u r doing now will b invane....
    aktins is okay for a while but not full time .. don't forget ur body need the goodness in spuds and rice etc in moderation... excercise also helps a lot. a lot of ur wait lose is fluid thats y it looks good don't get me wrong a good quick fix but not 4 long ...
    a diet is 4 life not just for christmas
    dont think of any diet as a deit just eat healthy and you'll lose weight in no time
    7stone in a year ive lost so i know what im about
    There's nothing wrong with the atkins 'approach'.
    Tell me why potatoes, rice etc (basically carbs) are good for you when all they do is mess with your blood sugar?

Don't get me wrong, there is a very good rule of thumb in moderation but what works for some doesn't work for others.
    Atkins diet isn't bad for you, the first ever field study in the US on it cocluded it actually reduces the risk of heart disease and I lost over four stone on it in six months.
    Trying not to kill myself...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMQH_xrFmKU

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

the atkin diet is a good diet for the quick weight loss but in the long term you cannot let ur body do without carbs
    what happens when ur body has no more fatty tissus to use???? what happens ???
    answer it like when u do cardio after 40 mins or so your body starts to burn muscle!!! and that it having the reverse affect.... deffo good for the short term say upto 6months but afer it i would b weiry....ur body needs carbs for a sensable diet.
    Have u any idea what its like to have ur body crave a peice of bread, potatoe or even pasta.. i have been there not nice then at this point this is where ppl would binge eat and that does the reverse. crash deit r no use. i dont class my self as being on a diet but, healthy eating for life.. if u don't this is when ur weight can yo-yo ppl thinking oh yeah i have got to my weight now i can live again! so their gos back on, who needs this. so when u stop the diet that happens by intruducing carbs again
     Big-Bad-Leo 

Thanks
    Karma Level

The Atkins approach is actually meant for life. People use it to lose weight but if you read the book he tells you how to stay on it forever.
    Carbo cravings disappear within a week.

The muscle burning (Catabolic) effect happens to those on any very low calorie diet. Out of all the diets the High protein low carb approach is the most anticatoabolic and is the most preferred one used by bodybuilders on their cutting cycles.

The body will burn muscle if there is not enough energy to power the body, the state of ketosis you are in on Atkins means that you never run out because you are permenantly burning fat. Whereas on a low cal diet you will lose muscle because your body is relying purely on glycogen to power it.

Remember, the atkins diet is more an approach than a diet.
    It is useful to lose weight but once done you increase the amount you eat to match calorific demands.

Lastly, binge/rebound eating is for week willed people who have no understanding of their bodies and who usually take it too far for too short a period as they want a quick fix to their weight problems. The atkins diet comes in many forms, the most compromisable is the Cycled version where you eat carbs at the weekend and Mon the Fri is no carbs.

Thanks
    Karma Level

atkin diet how do i go on ot i want lose weight i am over 17stones
    "YoU CAnNoT sEParATe PeaCE fROm FrEeDoM CaUSE NO-onE cAn BEcoMe At PeAcE, UnleSS He HaS FReeDoM", Malcom X.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

i agree to a certain part m8 just most ppl go on a diet for a while then can't and don't stick to it.where the atkin differs is u can eat all the meat fish and fries and cheese etc but the amount of fat in ur body over a long time will have an effect on u....anyway i think the way forward is jsut sensble eating
    to much food(of any food) = being fat
     Big-Bad-Leo 

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by 2old4this
    atkin diet how do i go on ot i want lose weight i am over 17stones
    Buy the book

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by Gel
    Buy the book

where from?
    "YoU CAnNoT sEParATe PeaCE fROm FrEeDoM CaUSE NO-onE cAn BEcoMe At PeAcE, UnleSS He HaS FReeDoM", Malcom X.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

bargain books, whsmith, or ne good book shop!!!
     Big-Bad-Leo 

Thanks
    Karma Level

right when i startedthisdiet thing, i was ashamed to admit it but i was like 24 stone now a couple months down the line after exersize and atkins im 19 1/2. stopped exsersizing (dont most of us) for the past 2 months but still am loosing about 2 pounds a week. hopefully ill be a sexy boy end of summer or wintertime. im 6 foot 4 and have a very large built so i was told about 16 stone should be good for me so im aiming for 16, if i get there (which i will) and stil look like a fat bitch ill loose more. recently i got the colnel and God is a dj on thisdiet to so lads give yourself a slap on the back we helpin poeple
    [live=tbops]tbops[/live]

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

well done m8 u deserve a big clap on the back
    bet u feel well chuffed with yourself
    i would if i was yu also a good excuse to go out and buy all new clothes for yourself...
    used to be i'd of bought cheap clothes when i was fat but now all good stuff like levis, wrangler, kangol etc happy days
    try the sunbed m8 now feel even better im like a slim bronze god now
     Big-Bad-Leo 

Thanks
    Karma Level

Just a quick question:

My recent unhealthy living and long term need to drink gallons of booze(!) have led me to being rather overweight for the first time in my life, im 25, 5'8" and way around 12-13 stone... i know this dont sound a lot but im deffinately airing on the "chunky" side these days!

What i would like to know is do you guys think Atkins would work for me? Im looking to get down to around 11 Stone and get rid of the dreaded beer belly. Ive read some posts about a Cyclic version of the diet do you think this would help me as i am addicted to things like rice and pasta!!

Any advice would be appreciated

DaveB

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

speaking from past experince the atkins might suit u but if u like rice and pasta though it might prove to be very hard 4 u as you will go into a period of craving .. and also if u do it your beer will have to stop as its full of carbs..cut down on what u eat as like ne thing if u eat to much you'll put on weight
     Big-Bad-Leo 

Thanks
    Karma Level

thats why i was looking at the cyclic version of the diet, i figure if i can have carbs maybe once a week then i could treat myself to a rice/pasta dish on a weekend. I dont eat a lot, my weekness is definately drinking and lack of excercise but im sure i could do it if i started to see some results... cut down to one day out a week and try to do half hour or so excersise a day.

The problem il have is the Mrs, she wont know what to cook for me if i cant have rice,pasta potatos etc.... suppose the book will give some ideas, il have to check it out.

DaveB

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

hope it goes well 4 u m8
     Big-Bad-Leo 

Thanks
    Karma Level

does any one know where i can buy the e-book of this aswell

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by crack_it
    does any one know where i can buy the e-book of this aswell

first m8 you need to buy youself some reading glasses

i asked that Question i got a reply

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by DaveB
    Just a quick question:

My recent unhealthy living and long term need to drink gallons of booze(!) have led me to being rather overweight for the first time in my life, im 25, 5'8" and way around 12-13 stone... i know this dont sound a lot but im deffinately airing on the "chunky" side these days!

What i would like to know is do you guys think Atkins would work for me? Im looking to get down to around 11 Stone and get rid of the dreaded beer belly. Ive read some posts about a Cyclic version of the diet do you think this would help me as i am addicted to things like rice and pasta!!

Any advice would be appreciated

DaveB
    Stop the booze completely and do a search on the net about the cycled version, its very complicated. I only mentioned the basic principle of it. Personally you'd only need to lose a couple of stone at most. The cycled would work for you but as with EVERY diet you need to get down the gym 3 times a week. Saying that, if the booze is what made you bigger then stopping it completely may be all you need to do to lose it.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

the booze and no cereals eg cornflakes (my downfall)
     Big-Bad-Leo 

Thanks
    Karma Level

got this site off my girlfriends m8

http://atkinsdietbulletinboard.com hope this helps

and where can you get any eating charts from?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast