Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default How do I get Saturday Football?

I used to pick up the canal+ channels on D2Mac to get 'free' football a few years back, but have been out of the game for a while and dont know the latest developments on where football is shown and what thypes of cards/cams are needed to receive it again...

Can anyone please advise what I would need to be able to receive 'free' live football again in terms of Dish Size (I live in Hampshire if location makes a difference) Type of CAM (I have a digital receiver but no CAM at the moment ) programmer and card? Any reccomendations on places to buy the kit would be much appreciated too...

Cheers

Bob

Thanks
    Karma Level

Well, best bet at the moment seems to be Conax on 1deg west.

Dish size of 90cm is fine - not sure but you might get away with less.

You need a Conax cam, or you could try a Magic Module (but they are being attacked at the moment). If you go the MM route then thats all you need (the Conax emulation is in the Cam software AFAIK), but if not, then you'll need a season interface, a PC (an old laptop works great) and the correct software.

On 1 deg West this Sat, you can watch the following live games (obviously not all at the same time )

Man Utd v Liverpool (English Commentary)
    B.Dortmund v Werder Bremen
    Aston Villa v Arsenal
    Charlton v Leeds Utd (English Commentary)
    Parma v AC Milan

Hope that helps - Panda
    New rules for cable & satellite
    from 15th March 2005
    do some reading and avoid a ban.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Cheers Panda,

Can you reccomend any sites that are good for buying the cams/cards?

Also - is the software pretty easy to get hold of, and how strict are they on the encryption - what are the blackout periods like if it changes typically?

Thanks again

Bob

Thanks
    Karma Level

Well, you can try some of these, not recommending any cos it's personal preference. There are others, but I can't remember them at the moment.

http://www.goldwafers.com/
    http://www.satelliteonline.net/
    http://www.hisat.com

As for the software, it's easy to find, but you need different version dependant on your pc spec. Post it here and I'll point you to the software that should work. The encryption doesn't change, but the keys do - not happened now for a couple of months, but when/if it does, the new keys are usually available the same day.
    from 15th March 2005

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanks again Panda...

I dont have an old machine or laptop at the moment (had a pentium laptop but at has just died and given up on me last month) so I only have the home pc - Athlon XP 1800

Think I am between a straight conex cam and season interface (would I need a 'new' old laptop or is there software for my pc that will work?) and a MM cam. If I go with a magic module would I really only need the cam, or would I need a card of some sort to be programmed to feed into the cam, or is it the cam software that is updated with the keys etc? also, I have seen the posts about the MM and the troubles with some versions of software, is this thought to be a limited problem specific to that software or are there fears over the card?

thanks again..

bob

Thanks
    Karma Level

The different software versions allow you to run on a 386/486 or better, and if on Pentium or above, run under windows so you can do other stuff at the same time. Personally, I've got an old 486 which I use so I don't affect my normal PC(s). You could use your Athlon under windows with no problem at all.

AFAIK, the MM with conax support does it all in the cam. I've read that you need a card in the slot just to make it run, but it can be ANY card - yes American Express will do nicely . Just needs to make the cam think something is there. I assume this means you have to reprogam the cam when the keys change, but it aint that often so is this a problem ?

The current problem with MM's does seem to be specific to certain hardware & software combination and maybe not an attack at all but a bug - not clear yet.

At the end of the day, you need to decide if it's worth the risk on the MM given all the other benefits it has and may have in the future. Personally, I've resisted the urge to buy one - just gonna watch and see what happens. The hardware has changed too often for my liking and the software is not as feature rich or stable as I would like. I'm gonna let it evolve a bit more yet.
    from 15th March 2005

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hi

Cheaper alternative will be Via Digital on 30 degrees West.The keys change daily but not a problem getting the new keys.

Nobody knowa how long Conax willmbe alive so be carefull before spending money.

You can view this with simple 5in1 funcards or get autoroll with MM or Gemplus CI

Also for now footy is also on astra1 on Canal Blue/red and rtl5 again 5in 1 fun card

Probsat

Thanks
    Karma Level

You can view this with simple 5in1 funcards or get autoroll with MM or Gemplus CI
    What's autoroll & Gemplus CI??

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hi

Autoroll is how the Spanish describe Autoupdate. The Gemplus Cam is an official Via Digital Cam

If you are just beginning stick to 5in1 funcard

Probsat

Thanks
    Karma Level

get a magic module v1.04 + Progger and use penta 1.11

any old reviever will do, vamp found the manhattan 3000 was about right

get a decent card progger and a couple of funcards

as panda says 90cm motorised is good enough for conax and nagra

and the MM will support any new encryption hacks if recent events are anything to go by

I would recommend getting the MM here http://www.satelliteonline.net/ as if there is a prob you will get good support

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Laptop ?

I've been following the thread with interest, being a hampshire boy myself.

Can some one confirm - the laptop emulator drives the decryption software - so connecting it othe receiver, remove the need for a cam + programmed card ?

Presumably it works via the PCMCIA slot ? cool