Close

skel28

Default 007 Agent Under Fire - TSOP Flash IT WORKS

It really does work, I've just done a 1.1 (I was dubious and had a cheapmod waiting to do the job) but I've flashed it.
    You need to solder the links on the top and bottom (to enable the TSOP to be flashed). Have the save game on your memory card (I transferred it to my box via ftp, and used M$Dash to copy it to Memory Card). Turn on clean box, select memory and then the memory card, copy the save game from memory card to hard drive, boot 007:AuF, load mission, wait till all the noises stop (you'll hear), your power light goes orange (weird), then follow the instuctions supplied with the file and telnet in and log into the now running linux on your box, use raincoat to flash. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

(I wonder how cheap I can buy solder lol)

***AS USUAL, IF YOU AINT SURE, DONT DO IT***

Thanks
    Karma Level

good news m8
    i bet you were buzzin your likkle socks off when you saw it worked wernt you.

i bet more peeps will try it now aswell
    thanks for sharin and verifying it works m8
    Through the darkness of futures past. The magician longs to see.
    One chance out between two worlds. Fire Walk With Me.

skel28

damn right I was buzzin' lol no more buying chips, no more messing with a matrix. I've read it works on a 1.2 box as well, for anyone considering, please remember the 1.2 only has a 256KB TSOP (1.0 and 1.1 have 1MB)

Cheers

Thanks
    Karma Level

excuse my utter ignorance but would you please explain what this thread is all about because you are starting in the middle of a story and assuming that everyone knows what you are on about. They dont so please speak in clear text from start to finish.

If you have any more info links etc then post them please so others can have a read.
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

skel28

Flash the TSOP on your xbox using just a memory card and an original disc of 007:AuF. If you don't know what I'm on about have a look at www.xbox-scene.com

Thanks
    Karma Level

Surely the only people who can gain from this are the rippers who con people into buying supposed prechipped boxes when infact theres no chip in them at all ?

If anyone is capable of taking the xbox to bits and soldering these two wires in then they are also capable of buying a decent mod and soldering it in themselves .

Flashing Tsop also stops you you using live which a lot of the rippers dont tell people.

I honestly cant see any good in this idea whatsover or am I missing something ?

To me it just looks like a welcome gift for con merchants to sting unsuspecting costumers.
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

Thanks
    Karma Level

not that im EVER gonna do it, but what i wanna know is.

can you flash the original xbox ms bios back to the tsop if you ever want to

Thanks
    Karma Level

you can never replace a good qiality mod - what with all the new shit coming out very soon

and flashing your onboard rom (calling it TSOP is very retarded and show lack of knowledge) is quite dangerous

this is only good for these people.........

1) wanting to have a go to see if it works
    2) idiot installers ripping off newbies
    3) cheapskates

skel28

freaky yes you can flash the TSOP (the actual name of the device - Thin Small Oriented Package - BIOS chip) with the original code.
    In fact one of the options of the raincoat program (the linux flash program) is to read your existing bios and save it to a file.

RAP: retarded?? Hmm nice.

And I thought a forum by definition was a public facility for open discussion. Never mind, I'll try not to do it again.

Thanks
    Karma Level

yep calling it TSOP is retarded

its a Flash rom in a TSOP package

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by Raptor
    yep calling it TSOP is retarded

its a Flash rom in a TSOP package
    i just called it a tsop coz thats wot was posted rap, i aint got a clue about this shit, but now i DO so

thanks for the attitude reajustment

freaky yes you can flash the TSOP (the actual name of the device - Thin Small Oriented Package - BIOS chip) with the original code.
    cheers m8 was just curious, ill never do it like just wanted to know

skel28

Freaky, flashing the Flash rom in a TSOP package (for the pedants) need not eliminate you from xb live, my own 1MB bios could be split into 4 (I'm just using 2) and with a simple switch and the fact I've locked my drive (a 120GB IBM) means I can switch back to my original settings and use live. Something I point out to anyone whose box I assist.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by skel28
    Freaky, flashing the Flash rom in a TSOP package (for the pedants) need not eliminate you from xb live, my own 1MB bios could be split into 4 (I'm just using 2) and with a simple switch and the fact I've locked my drive (a 120GB IBM) means I can switch back to my original settings and use live. Something I point out to anyone whose box I assist.
    its not that m8 its just that i dont really have any use for it, im still using a good old enigmah final that a got when they very first came out, and its still going strong today, cool chip ok i know its not got all the features that the new gen of chips have got, but as i dont use them then it dont really effect me as all i do is play games on it.

skel28

No worries mate, play away

Thanks
    Karma Level

There is a point to it, plausably MS could stop the sale of mod chips (well ok, they never could completly but could knock a lot of people out of the game, making it too hard for your average joe to get one) but they cant stop people sending files and instructions to each other to mod the console.... plus its always fun when someone finds another way to do something

but yeah i do agree about the pre modded box problem,

t
    -= tom999 =-
    tonight the milky bars are on me

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by tom999
    There is a point to it, plausably MS could stop the sale of mod chips (well ok, they never could completly but could knock a lot of people out of the game, making it too hard for your average joe to get one) but they cant stop people sending files and instructions to each other to mod the console.... plus its always fun when someone finds another way to do something

but yeah i do agree about the pre modded box problem,

t
    how can MS stop the sale of blank chips ? If they could they would have done a long time ago m8.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by 4me2
    how can MS stop the sale of blank chips ? If they could they would have done a long time ago m8.
    yep true thats why all the newest chips come blank now or with the legal bios thingy on them, this way they arnt breaking the law in selling them

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

i read on xbox scene that this should be done on linux,but has anyone done it on windows 2000? as that is comp my network card is installed on.
    People who use the phrase "Touch base" should be shot.

skel28

I use Windows XP mate. You are running Linux on the Xbox when the file boots.