Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

15/04/1989 : Never Forget

John Aldridge: "Whenever I think of Hillsborough I am drawn to the story of young Lee Nicol from Bootle. Lee was fourteen but looked about ten. He reminded me of my son, Paul. Lee was in the middle of the crush at Leppings Lane but was still alive when he was pulled out. I went to see him in hospital. He looked a lovely kid. As he lay there in a coma, I whispered words into his ears. I asked the doctor about his chances of recovery. 'He's clinically dead, John,' he said. I hadn't realised how badly he was injured. That news ripped into me. My heart went out to Lee's family, decent people who didn't deserve to be victims of such a tragedy."

----------

Kenny: " One morning, before everyone was in, I went out on to the pitch and tied my children’s teddy bears around a goalpost at the Kop end. The goals, the pitch and the whole Kop were covered in flowers, scarves and tributes. I remember describing it as the ‘saddest and most beautiful sight’ I had ever seen. It really was like that. It was sad because of the reason whey the tributes were there, but it was magnificent to see them. On the Friday night, after everybody had gone, I walked through the Kop with Kelly, Paul and Marina’s dad, Pat. Paul looked at all the tributes, the flowers, the scarves and said: ‘Why did it have to happen to us?’ Kelly, Paul and I stood at the back of the Kop with tears falling down our faces. Walking through the Kop was so emotional. A lot of tributes had been left by people in the place where their loved one had stood. People who had lost the person they stood next to to watch games would leave something special in remembrance. Seeing two oranges left beside one of the barriers really moved me. It was difficult not to weep on coming across little tributes like that. They were so insignificant and yet so full of meaning. Perhaps the two people took it in turn to bring oranges to matches, something to share at half-time. That really got to me. I wondered whether the person who laid the oranges ever returned to the Kop. I came across somebody’s boots, left there by his mourning family. Everywhere I walked there were endless messages, each of which embodied someone else’s grief. It was so difficult to pass through.

"The shameful allegations intensified the anger amidst the trauma. We spent the week consoling the bereaved and attending funerals. On the Saturday we held a service at Anfield. At six minutes past three there was a minute’s silence across the country. Then everyone at Anfield sang ‘You’ll Never Walk Alone.’ We tied scarves between Anfield and Goodison. We just wanted to show the unity existing on Merseyside. The following day, there was a final service on the pitch. It was really quiet, just the wind rustling the scarves tied to the crossbar. When somebody shouted out ‘We all loved you,’ we all broke down."

----------

Alan Hansen " have heard people say that they should now ‘let it go’ and ‘get on with their lives’, a view that stems partly from the massive changes that have taken place in English football as a result of Hillsborough. But for the tragedy, and the Taylor Report in January 1990, which enforced the transformation of British football grounds into all-seat stadiums, it is possible that the long history of stadium neglect, and spectators treated as turnstile fodder, would have continued. The new-style British club stadiums, which are among the most impressive in the world for safety standards and facilities, have made it easier for clubs to be better run, and therefore improve the quality of their football. However, though a great deal of water has passed under the bridge since Hillsborough, my attitude to those who feel that the HFSG should now forget its grievances is, ‘It’s easy for you to talk – you didn’t loose anyone.’

"Had I lost someone, I would never have let it go."

---------

John Barnes: "The tributes were not just at Anfield. I walked into Stanley Park and saw all the Everton scarves tied together. They stretched from Goodison Park to Anfield, a symbol of the unity between the two clubs. All football fans were united in their grief. Even those from Manchester United sent gestures of sympathy. Every fan had reason to mourn."

(redandwhitekop.net)
    Justice For The 96

Thanks
    Karma Level

good post, thoughts go out to all who lost someone that day.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

15th April 1989

John Alfred Anderson (62) Thomas Howard (39) Colin Mark Ashcroft (19) Thomas Anthony Howard (14) James Gary Aspinall (18) Eric George Hughes (42) Kester Roger Marcus Ball (16) Alan Johnston (29) Gerard Bernard Patrick Baron (67) Christine Anne Jones (27) Simon Bell (17) Gary Philip Jones (18) Barry Sidney Bennett (26) Richard Jones (25) David John Benson (22) Nicholas Peter Joynes (27) David William Birtle (22) Anthony Peter Kelly (29) Tony Bland (22) Michael David Kelly (38) Paul David Brady (21) Carl David Lewis (18) Andrew Mark Brookes (26) David William Mather (19) Carl Brown (18) Brian Christopher Mathews (38) David Steven Brown (25) Francis Joseph McAllister (27) Henry Thomas Burke (47) John McBrien (18) Peter Andrew Burkett (24) Marion Hazel McCabe (21) Paul William Carlile (19) Joseph Daniel McCarthy (21) Raymond Thomas Chapman (50) Peter McDonnell (21) Gary Christopher Church (19) Alan McGlone (28) Joseph Clark (29) Keith McGrath (17) Paul Clark (18) Paul Brian Murray (14) Gary Collins (22) Lee Nicol (14) Stephen Paul Copoc (20) Stephen Francis O'Neill (17) Tracey Elizabeth Cox (23) Jonathon Owens (18) James Philip Delaney (19) William Roy Pemberton (23) Christopher Barry Devonside (18) Carl William Rimmer (21) Christopher Edwards (29) David George Rimmer (38) Vincent Michael Fitzsimmons (34) Graham John Roberts (24) Thomas Steven Fox (21) Steven Joseph Robinson (17) Jon-Paul Gilhooley (10) Henry Charles Rogers (17) Barry Glover (27) Colin Andrew Hugh William Sefton (23) Ian Thomas Glover (20) Inger Shah (38) Derrick George Godwin (24) Paula Ann Smith (26) Roy Harry Hamilton (34) Adam Edward Spearritt (14) Philip Hammond (14) Philip John Steele (15) Eric Hankin (33) David Leonard Thomas (23) Gary Harrison (27) Patrik John Thompson (35) Stephen Francis Harrison (31) Peter Reuben Thompson (30) Peter Andrew Harrison (15) Stuart Paul William Thompson (17) David Hawley (39) Peter Francis Tootle (21) James Robert Hennessy (29) Christopher James Traynor (26) Paul Anthony Hewitson (26) Martin Kevin Traynor (16) Carl Darren Hewitt (17) Kevin Tyrrell (15) Nicholas Michael Hewitt (16) Colin Wafer (19) Sarah Louise Hicks (19) Ian David Whelan (19) Victoria Jane Hicks (15) Martin Kenneth Wild (29) Gordon Rodney Horn (20) Kevin Daniel Williams (15) Arthur Horrocks (41) Graham John Wright (17)

My most sincere condolencies go out to all family and friends.

"96 Stars In Heaven"

Last night I saw am amazing sight,
    96 extra stars burning ever so bright.
    Heaven the final destination for us all,
    We are just waiting the Almighty's call.
    Our Lord must be creating an amazing team,
    Shanks and Bob managing his great dream.
    Yashin in goal, Moore at the back,
    Baxter in the midfield, Dean in attack.
    He is creating one mighty mix,
    Roared on from the stands by our beloved ninety six.

Sun = Scum

Justice For Hillsborough YNWA
    Last edited by BFG; 15th April 2003 at 02:11 AM.

Time Flies when you're having fun! A decade of DF - April 2002-2012.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

can admin make this sticky for the day as a mark of respect?

Time Flies when you're having fun! A decade of DF - April 2002-2012.

ABCMan

with pleasure

Thanks
    Karma Level

i remember that day, me and a m8 were watching grandstand and i think that game might have been live, if not they went straight to it.

we were speechless, just glued to the screen with jaws hanging

unforgetable

this should and will be up for a week

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanks
    Karma Level

a real tradgedy, still remember the shock, my heart goes out to everyone affected by this day

Thanks
    Karma Level
    respect

Thanks
    Karma Level

My attitude to those who feel that the HFSG should now forget its grievances is, ‘It’s easy for you to talk – you didn’t loose anyone.’

"Had I lost someone, I would never have let it go."

-Alan Hansen
    Says it all i think, something like this should never be forgotten.

May they rest in peace.

-Bez

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thoughts go out to friends, family and those who knew any of the persons who lost their lives.

R.I.P.

Thoughts also with those who attended that day but fortunately came away with their lives.

Thanks
    Karma Level

My most sincere condolencies go out to all the family and friends of those who have suffered..

R.I.P

Thanks
    Karma Level

May I pay myrespects to all Liverpool fans on your day of Mourning.

This tragedy was preventable and should not have been allowed to happen. Mindless tactics by the police who were never held accountable for their actions.

God rest all their souls.
    Someone just told me one in every four people on the planet is Chinese, well It's not me mam or me dad and it's not me so it must be my brother Chung yow Seng.

Thanks
    Karma Level

R.I.P

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default R.I.P..................

I remember watching those tragic events unfold on that fatefull day god bless the families................................

Thanks
    Karma Level

my deepest sympathy goes out to all who lost loved ones that day. THE WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN rip.

wiz

Thanks
    Karma Level

R.I.P bro's

Thanks
    Karma Level

sincere condolencies to all

YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE

Thanks
    Karma Level

Tragic events which will be forever etched in my memory.

God rest those lost souls.

G

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

As a Man Utd fan I want to say that this tragedy should be remembered more vocally.

Until I read this post I had not heard anything on the news about it and that is wrong.

My heart goes out to the families of the deceased and I think that there should be a minutes science at the Man Utd v arsenal match tomm as a mark of remembrance.

Its better to burn out than to fade away...............

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast