Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default WWTBAM. A Major cough

Well I tried to keep an open mind but what finally clinched it for me was when they played the audio tape of the producers phoning the Major to tell him they're withholding the million quid and sending in the police. Any genuine person would have gone completely ape shit on the phone. Either he's the most laid back dood on the planet or he's a complete dick!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: WWTBAM. A Major cough

Originally posted by panther
    he's a complete dick!
    it was great television though. Oh and they did make alot of money, unfortunately it was for everyone else but!

Thanks
    Karma Level

it was f*cking obvious;

1) The coughs were unbelievably blatant - no wonder he was found guilty
    2) His wife didn't look that happy at the fact that they had just won £1m
    3)Neither did he
    4)The bloke who coughed was caught by another contestant
    "The British Secret Service was staffed at one point almost entirely by alcoholic homosexuals working for the KGB."
    Clive James

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: WWTBAM. A Major cough

Originally posted by panther
    Well I tried to keep an open mind but what finally clinched it for me was when they played the audio tape of the producers phoning the Major to tell him they're withholding the million quid and sending in the police. Any genuine person would have gone completely ape shit on the phone. Either he's the most laid back dood on the planet or he's a complete dick!

actually m8 ,

all Rodneys act in very strange ways and thiers very little human about them. It must be what Sandhurst does to them.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yea it was a brilliant idea but so badly carried out. I only caught the last part of the program but can anybody tell me why his wife was also convicted? I did'nt see her do shit throughout the last 5 questions. Also does the other guy get to keep his £1000? I mean he did get to it fair and square.

Also if he knew so much how come he only got a £1000

-Bez

Thanks
    Karma Level

imo they are f*cking dumb and deserve whatever they get for having a perfect opportunity and blowing it on some stupid cough scam, I know smarter 2yr olds that could have come up with something better than that!

Thanks
    Karma Level

He's not too happy with Tarrant referring to him as the Harry Endfield character "Tim nice but Dim". He hit back by saying he's a member of MENSA. LOL

Thanks
    Karma Level

i missed the show :-( was it any good

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by Bez625
    Yea it was a brilliant idea but so badly carried out. I only caught the last part of the program but can anybody tell me why his wife was also convicted? I did'nt see her do shit throughout the last 5 questions. Also does the other guy get to keep his £1000? I mean he did get to it fair and square.

Also if he knew so much how come he only got a £1000

-Bez

at the start she coughed about a craig david question when the filming was first stoped and took a look at....

i find it totally funny and happy they got caught BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

(17:18:34) (+Cam) i need to mount my xbox hdd in linux
    (17:19:02) (+SpikeWork) youth of today, they'll mount anything

Thanks
    Karma Level

She'll have been arrested anyway as she was in on the scam.

Got to say it made great television, completely laughable how they thought they'd get away with it. Two of the other contestants had sussed there and then!

Did anyone else read the fact that they were going to try and do it with 4 vibrating pagers?!? Would have been even funnier as they were searched straight afterwards before they even got to their changing rooms.

Apparantly the Major is going to appeal against the guilty verdict!! lol..

Mike.
    PS2
    Pioneer A03

Thanks
    Karma Level

Without a shadow of a doubt, it is clear that they had been cheating. I just can't understand how on earth they thought they'd get away with it...

So what if they cheated...at the end of the day they got caught...

...For a million pound I'd be tempted to try every trick in the book.

If you're gonna do the crime, you've gotta be prepared to do the time.

I say good effort!!!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

i think one of the most significant things is the people who noticed something at the time. I mean u get all these 'professionals' studying tapes and saying that one thing clearly shows another but at the end of the day they know they are looking for cheats and that they have been convicted as cheats.

Two people not clapping when they won is a strong indicator of what a common sense interpretation of the situation (for sum1 whose on the ball) would be. They felt scammed that they'd got away with it, the audience are gonna be less aware.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm sure if they had stopped at 64 or even 125k they might have just got away with it. The wife in the audience new it was becoming so blatantly obvious to the outside world that they were cheating and was why she was cringing the longer it went on. As so often in life, greed was their downfall. It was very funny though!

Thanks
    Karma Level

CHEATS SET FOR £2M DEALS

Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? cheats Major Charles Ingram and his wife, Diana, are poised to make £2m in media deals.

Worldwide interest in their story is set to be so high that the couple will end up making twice the amount they would have won if their scam had been successful, according to reports.

They are set to cash in as foreign TV companies and publishers queue to sign them up, the Daily Express said.

The paper says the maker of a cough sweet is also keen to enter into an endorsement deal after the major used coughing signals to guide hm to the correct answers in the show.

Ingram, 39, has said he was unlikely to appeal against his conviction, which he described as "absolutely awful".

He said: "Each of the defendants are separate on this but I'm unlikely to appeal from my point of view, everything came up within the case."

His wife, Diana, said in a BBC interview: "We're keen to clear our names and reputations, it's under review but probably unlikely."

Ingram denies cheating on the show, saying: "This feels absolutely awful. None of us cheated. There was no planning to cheat, no attempt to cheat, no scam. The verdict was perverse."

His wife described a TV documentary detailing evidence against the pair as "absolutely disgusting".

She said the show, watched by 15 million people on Monday night, "didn't represent what happened with the studio."

Ingram claims the show was "wholly and utterly one-sided" but its makers deny the claim.

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0...296026,00.html