Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default glasgow rangers win the league

this is not going to be my usual gloating thread i have to say well done celtic yous fought well to the end,and thanks beekae and kjun and d1 for the banter all year.

I wont gloat as ive been in your position for a few years and i know how you feel.

We Only Need Nine men, we only need nine men.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Gongratulations to the Ger's in what was an exciting finish to the SPL.
    Unlucky Celtic, but a great attempt.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Well done, you fought well to recover a trophy that should of been in the bag, even if it did take until the last match of the season to settle it.

Ive been proud of our perfomance all season, and todays match was no exception, under any other circumstances, 4 - 0 at rugby park would be a fantasitc acheivement, but today it just wasnt enough.

Congrats diablos, on an 'almost' deserved trophy, and i look forward to next seasons banter

PS and im not going to mention the penalty awarded to the huns in the dying seconds of the game, because it looked like it was going to be close.....

Thanks
    Karma Level

Im gutted but still proud of what Celtic achieved this season.

A wee quote from E-Tims.

A FISHERMAN'S TALE
    An ETims Life Lesson.

Once upon a time there was a river so heavily polluted that the fish were dying a slow death. The fisherman were very upset but still they came to the banks of the river every weekend in the hope that things might change. But they didn't expect anything spectacular. Then an extraordinary thing happened. At the start of the new fishing season, about 3 years ago, fish began to appear. The river was replenished and the fishermen were happy once again. However despite eveyone sharing in the riches of the river there were also divisions appearing amongst the fishermen.

Some fishermen were overjoyed just to have fish again. They remembered the barren times and were just amazed that the river could provide fish in such a short period of time. They savoured the moment because they knew that something special was happening. They caught trout, carp, and grayling all in their first season.

There was another group of fishermen further down the bank. They were suspicious of how the river could be full of fish so soon. They had their own ideas about how the river should be fished. "I remember the old days and the way we used to fly fish. "Now there was a special fly I loved using - better than the poor quality flys these days" They even complained about the type of fishing that the successful fishermen were employing "You can't fish like that" and "You'll never catch anything like that" were some of their ridiculous comments. However when they saw the full nets they looked a bit silly and tried to cast their own lines to a different spot. "It's all fine and well catching a few fish on your own domestic river but it's on the bigger rivers that it really matters"

And so the fishermen went to the Tweed. "Yes let's see if you can catch sea trout and prove you can fish with the big boys" were the comments from the doubters. And so the fishermen perched up on the bank. Although they had been so successful domestically they never really expected to bag a few sea trout. But sea trout they did bag. And a plenty at that. Some trout had come all the way from the Bay of Biscay. Some from the North Sea. Astonishingly some even came from the Mediterranean. The fishermen had proven they were capable of fishing the Tweed.

Now the doubters were very angry and decided to detach themselves from the successful fishers. They hired a boat and moved to the other side of the river. The successful fishers could hear them grumble and groan across the bank. Comments like "We should have tried some Dutch fishing techniques" and "I like the fishing methods at Southampton" were all too frequent. There were even attempts by these fishermen to pollute the river so unhappy were they. However the successful fishers were content just to have some success on the banks. They had a taste for sea trout but they wanted the Holy Grail of fishing. A splendid salmon. And so they decided that this was the fish they would put all their efforts into catching.

Now one fine afternoon I decided to take a stroll down the banks. I came upon the successful fishermen that had caught so much in previous seasons. However this season they had no domestic fish. No brown trout, no carp and no grayling. I asked them if they were despondant but they told me that this season the salmon is the fish they wanted. Just as I was about to walk away I saw one of them tug at their lines and their face lit up. The others gathered round him in anticipation. Meanwhile on the other bank the doubters chuckled to themselves. "Ha ha the fool will only lose it and then he'll be left with nothing" "As we said all along it's the domestic fish that matter" I soon ignored their nonsensical jumble of words and returned to the moment.

The fishermen had all waded into the water and I moved to join them. It was then that the salmon first came to the surface and it's jewel like skin shimmered in the midday sun. The sun was high in the sky behind us and upon glimpsing the salmon I realised that the sun had warmed my back in a way that almost induced me into a trance. Meanwhile the salmon danced. As it weaved from left to right the water sparkled with a kaleidoscope of colours. It was at this moment I realised the magic in fishing for salmon. I turned to one of the fishermen who was stood with a landing net in anticipation. "Do you think your friend will land it?" I enquired. He looked towards me with a wry smile and said "He might not land it but the beauty and thrill of attempting to land it is worth more than a thousand brown trout"

At this I retired to the bank and my own thoughts...

In the words of Alfred Tennyson.

'Tis better to have loved and lost
    Than never to have loved at all'
    I had a blind date tonight, her name was :. .:. : ... .::

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default well done teddy bears

Well done rangers what a brilliant job alex mcleish has done

Thanks
    Karma Level

Celtic, the Leeds of the North.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by PSXRing

Celtic, the Leeds of the North.
    Give us some credit, were nowhere near as bad as Leeds.
    I had a blind date tonight, her name was :. .:. : ... .::

Thanks
    Karma Level

@psxring...Can't be that bad as we whooped your Arse(nal), no pun intended.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I was listening to the match on the radio and when Celtic were 3-0 up and Rangers were winning 3-1, it was Celtic who would be winning the SPL, I was well worried, then Celtic hit the post, I almost shit myself, then Rangers scored two goals in the space of a few minutes to leave Celtic needing to score two, which if they they hadnt missed the penalty... who knows, but thank fuck, Rangers eventually won the trophy they deserved!
    They have led the League almost all season, and to have lost it on the last day would have been terrible.

The treble is on!!!!!!!

To the Celtic fans, I guess Diablos has set the scene with the no gloating, so I wont either.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Much as it gauls me to say it - well done the gers, unlucky to the celts, goal difference is a pissy way to lose it.

Roll on next season, when the mighty dons will teach you all how to play football!!
    NtB
    We'll be coming...

Thanks
    Karma Level

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaah

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yes well it was certainly an exciting end to the season, think I need to get to shop and buy some new underwear Its just more a relief than anything that we won it, now we just need to look forward to next season and hopefully have a good run in europe. Celtic have made other countries have a bit more respect for scottish teams but its all going to be ruined if we cant carry it on next season.

the only shitty thing, my local team albion rovers didnt get promoted from 3rd division on the last day, a goal in another game in the 90th minute put an end to that :erm

Thanks
    Karma Level

DId you have a good time in LEEDS elwood?

Thanks
    Karma Level

nah shite, nothing to do really. went to see matrix and it was rubbish,

leeds would have been better if i was there with my friends, but i wasnt so it was boring