Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Couple of Confirmation Questions

Hi guys,

I just got hold of a Pace DiTV-1000 box and Ive been reading most of the pages on this forum and many many other websites and I was wondering if you could confirm a few things for me before I begin.

The box ive got has been out of circuit for about a year now.

1. Ive been reading on these forums about different software versions (CR1, 2 and 3) could someone please confirm which of these is best to have and how can i check which version is actually loaded onto the box ive got.

2. I also read that when you have the best version of the software on the box you can modify 2 chips on the board to stop it from updating again, why would you not want it to update to the latest version? Ive attached a picture of the layout of my board. Are the chips ive highlighted the ones that you need to modify pin 11 on (connect in 11 up to the battery), all the other pictures ive seen show the 2 sockets next to those chips as empty but mine has chips in there. What would happen if I didnt connect these pins to the battery?

3. I saw someone mention the Red Jumper which is on the board but they did not say what it was for, could someone please confirm what this jumper does?

4. I have been reading the files on http://www.helpfiles.co.uk/topics/Di...able/index.htm about editing the cards and they make it sound very easy, I have the original card that came with this box but as i said it hasnt been used for a year, following those instructions can i read the data from this card and modify it (following their instructions) and then write it back to a FunCard to get all the channels or am i missing a large chunk somewhere? Will this also allow me to watch PPV from a FunCard?

5. The box that ive got is from the same area that im in, can i read the Network ID off this box using the RS232 port and LibDebug? Or will i still need to find out what area im in and edit the config file for LibDebug?

Thanks a lot for your help,

Tokhra

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Couple of Confirmation Questions

Originally posted by Tokhra
    Hi guys,

I just got hold of a Pace DiTV-1000 box and Ive been reading most of the pages on this forum and many many other websites and I was wondering if you could confirm a few things for me before I begin.

The box ive got has been out of circuit for about a year now.

1. Ive been reading on these forums about different software versions (CR1, 2 and 3) could someone please confirm which of these is best to have and how can i check which version is actually loaded onto the box ive got.

2. I also read that when you have the best version of the software on the box you can modify 2 chips on the board to stop it from updating again, why would you not want it to update to the latest version? Ive attached a picture of the layout of my board. Are the chips ive highlighted the ones that you need to modify pin 11 on (connect in 11 up to the battery), all the other pictures ive seen show the 2 sockets next to those chips as empty but mine has chips in there. What would happen if I didnt connect these pins to the battery?

3. I saw someone mention the Red Jumper which is on the board but they did not say what it was for, could someone please confirm what this jumper does?

4. I have been reading the files on http://www.helpfiles.co.uk/topics/Di...able/index.htm about editing the cards and they make it sound very easy, I have the original card that came with this box but as i said it hasnt been used for a year, following those instructions can i read the data from this card and modify it (following their instructions) and then write it back to a FunCard to get all the channels or am i missing a large chunk somewhere? Will this also allow me to watch PPV from a FunCard?

5. The box that ive got is from the same area that im in, can i read the Network ID off this box using the RS232 port and LibDebug? Or will i still need to find out what area im in and edit the config file for LibDebug?

Thanks a lot for your help,

Tokhra
    1. cr1 and 2 are good you can still get some ppv with cr3 but but not all, check it out on engineers page with the card status and ippv boxes its on that page

2. an update will hit your box and end up upgrading to cr3 (which isnt good) the pin 11 trick blocks this but you must lift the pin off the board then solder two wires one from each to the + of the battery

3. it erases the settings frequency, symbol rate and network id an alternative to erasing sram using libdebug

4. you read the original image from a rom 10 card modify it then write it back to the rom 10 again, you only need your boxkey and ird to write to the funcard + a preprogrammed hexfile for either c&w, tw or ntl (u actually need 2 hexes one for your area and the other one is made by inputting your ird and boxkey, the you get a funcard and programmer and then you write to it with a program like funprog

5. if the box you have is from the same area then there is no need as all the settings are gonna be correct, you can read your network d if you want but you can easily get that by looking for it in the engineers menu

whew!
    hope this helps, seroiusly why dont you look at past post all the information u require is out there

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanks a lot jimlfixit, I had seen a lot of the information before but was getting a few contradicting stories from people and i just wanted to be sure before i break it lol. All cleared up now thanks.

Just been looking at those chips (pin11) and they are TINY pins, doesnt look as though ill be able to fix them, i just hope one of the masters finds a way around it with CR3.

One last quick question though, is an Elvis programmer good enough for reading all the info i need from the original card to make a FunCard? Some say it is, and some say it isnt. Im not interested in modifying the original card, just reading from it. I think the Elvis can program the FunCards though.

Once again thanks a lot for clearning that up for me.

Thanks
    Karma Level

sure no problem. when i got into the scene i bought a dedicated funcard programmer for the job! as i have no experience with an elvis programmer i cant really comment, i mean just get yourself a funcard and give it a try, cos were experimenting at the end of the day

Thanks
    Karma Level

the pins on the atmels are so tiny, my box has upgraded to cr3 so theres no point for me to do the mod

Thanks
    Karma Level

I just noticed the thread below to downgrade from CR3. I think it only goes to CR1 though not CR2.
    Last edited by Tokhra; 15th June 2003 at 11:25 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

cr1 will be ok for you if you want to use a funcard & get all the ppv ....Ihave an elvis programmer but have no luck with the rom 10's ... Got myself a minisdk ...rom 10's & funs no problems...macy
    he who dares wins

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by macy
    cr1 will be ok for you if you want to use a funcard & get all the ppv ....Ihave an elvis programmer but have no luck with the rom 10's ... Got myself a minisdk ...rom 10's & funs no problems...macy
    macy will the Elvis program the FunCard4's though and read from a ROM10? I dont want to write to a ROM10 and i dont really fancy spending £50 on a programmer ill hardly use.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Some people say they can read a rom 10 some dont .. I have not been able to read a rom 10 with my elvis ....There is no problem with the funcards ..Just get the mp8 software from their site... Most roms 10's are locked a3c now anyway so your best bet is to see if you can get anyone to read it for you... Have you tried getting your boxkey using libdebug ??... What box do you have...Macy
    he who dares wins

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hi macy

Ive got a DiTV-1000 (how do you know if its a phase 1b or whatever? i dont think it is though) model box, its an old C&W one which has been out of the loop for a year now. I think i should be able to get the BoxKey from Libdebug but i havnt been able to try yet as im still waiting to get my programmer back off my mate after i lent it to him and i havnt got any spare serial cables.

If i cant get the bk the IRD# on the sticker inside the box is within the range in the database from what ive read so hopefully if i cant get the key out of it some kind soul would be able to get it for me from the database. Where did this database come from btw and is there any way i could get a copy? (just interested)

I honesly have no idea if its an A3C ROM10 or not, its very old... (C&W markings and pictures on it). I dont even know if its a ROM10.

First thing im going to try when i get my cable back is to try and get the key using Libdebug.

Cheers,

Tokhra
    Last edited by Tokhra; 16th June 2003 at 04:25 PM.