Close

Thread: those o2 sims

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default those o2 sims

I recently got a wodge of those o2 sims from the recent offers that were going around. The 99p ones and the student ones.

free 300 mins and free 300 wap.

anyway sold em on ebay but one person has come back to me with the following.

--------------
    hi i bought 2 of these sims cards from you i have not been able to get any information from 02 as the sim is NOT REGISTER IN MY NAME i rang them to find out why i was having to pay so much i have spend 30.00 so far i did not get the 300 texts or waps when i found that it was using so much of my cedit i rang 02 and they could not give me any information as i was not the register owner please could you let me know WHO IS THE registerd owner as it is not me even calls to home were costing me a lot 02 operators where unable to tell me the numbers that i rang and could not discuss the account with me
    ---------------

So question is what has this person done wrong? or are they talking shit?

Thanks
    Karma Level

noone else got these are used them?

I was gonna reply with....

----
    In the manual it specifys to call 4444 and confirm your mobile number and your details when the sims were sent they were not registered in anybodys name, when you first call you register the sims to yourself.

The cost of calls is standard for pay as you go tariff if you've spent that much then it will be correct. You get 300 texts each month free while you have credit in your phone.

The way most people use these sims is they apply credit to their phone and then use it for texting all month with occasional calling that way you get 300 texts a month for much cheaper than any other tariff.

----
    just wondering if what i'm saying is true?

Thanks
    Karma Level

m8 you do get some knob-jockeys on ebay. I sold a load of sims myself with only a couple of minor hiccups. Although one was my own fault because I posted a Sim with a standard 1st class 28p stamp and the weight should have been 34p (didn't have any more stamps and thought I'd get away with it). The buyer went completely ape-shit saying he had a note through the door asking to go to the post office to pay the extra 6p postage plus £1 handling fee! He then went on about how it cost £3 in bus fare to travel to the post office and the inconvenience blah, blah, blah. In the end I just sent the cheque back and told him to keep the fukker no charge. It amazes me that these people have internet access but don't realise that a simple search would tell them they can get the sims for free (or 99p) in the first place!

Thanks
    Karma Level

ignore it m8
    Photography: Nikon D50 - 18-55mm, 70-300mm, 105mm Macro, 2 x 2gb SD Cards, Jessops Tripod, LowePro Rucksack

Thanks
    Karma Level

sounds right to me bobby, but you do have to put a minimum of £10 a month on for the free text/wap, they then send a confirmation text at the end fo the monthe thanking you and saying the free text has been added

Thanks
    Karma Level

i got some recently and all the packaging is different etc and it indicates somewhere you have to top up with £20 to start with or something. didnt really pay much notice coz i cant say i care but i guess that'll get a few complaints ;\

Thanks
    Karma Level

Ive sold a load and only had one problem , so its unlikely that the guy has had problems with 2 sims. Maybe one sim but 2 sounds liKe he is trying something on or its something to do with his mobile settings , I know a lot of phones have to get the WAP configuration settings emailed to them by o2.

Thanks
    Karma Level

He's obviously a knob who cant change channels on telly without help, BUT... Those cards are registered to you, as the person who ordered them. If you want to change registration to the twat who bought it, you have to:
    Email mycare@o2.co.uk and tell them the name and email of the person you are transferring to. That person then has to email them as well and register with them.. They then take over the registration....

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'd do your bit quietly monsta M8, then ask him if he has emailed to register it ?