Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Terminator 3 - Rise of the Machines

Just got back from Florida this morning - watched T3 and Hulk at Universal Studios Citywalk Cinemas....

Without giving too much away, its brilliant as you would expect, but hard to compare to the other movies... the special effects are brilliant and make up for the lame bits in the story ....
    few too many jokes IMHO....

The special effects are brilliant and ithe films sound is brilliant , and in addition the baddie is pretty fit....

on the otherhand some people will hate the ending .....

I think it was 8/10 myself
    Last edited by Mule; 31st January 2007 at 03:21 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm excited!! I'd like to watch it now!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Which one you prefer? T3 or Hulk? Watching the trailers, T3 looks a lot better!

ahleung

Thanks
    Karma Level

T3 miles better , you cant even compare the films.... IMHO Hulk was crap....they got too carried away especially his jumping over stuff....

Thanks
    Karma Level

That Universal Studios Citywalk Cinema is pretty cool isn't it, I was in there last year!!!!

What ele was showing whilst you were out there?

Cheers

Im :erm

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm a massive Terminator fan, but I have not seen it yet because its not released until Aug 1st, but from what I.ve heard you do not see any future scenes in T3 at all.

if this is true then I am going to be very disappointed as I was hoping to see 100's of endos on screen like the scenes in the trailers.

Thanks
    Karma Level

T1200

You do see tons of Endo-Skeletons at one point but the film is mainly set in one period mate.....

Imran --

They were showing loads of stuff....
    Hulk , T3 , Italian Job, loads of other new stuff I couldnt be arsed watching ...
    That new Finding Nemo as well was on I think

Thanks
    Karma Level

This films nowhere near the quality of the first two (ie 10/10), but it's still cool by normal standards..

Thought at first when Arnie walks into the bar it was going to be a total rip off of the last one but thought it was pretty cool when it turns out he's walked straight into the middle of the ladies night butt naked and nicks his clothes off a gay stripper in the middle of YMCA - dodgy shades though

Effects are alright by the standards nowadays, but they don't seem to have the same wow factor as the one's in T2 did back in the day.. Still very cool though - it's just there's nothing new like the Matrix gave us...

Blonde terminator bird looks well, but the only new trick she has up her sleeve is that she can now morph into machinery as well, which the T1000 couldn't.. She is strong though, didn't feel right watching Arnie struggle with this tiny bird knocking her about like he did the T1000 and then she just gives him a little punch and throws him about 100 metres!! Bet she could make you scream with those legs wrapped round your head

Claire Danes also looked well, bet she loves it up the arse hehe!!

Never saw the ending coming, caught me totally off guard like the Sum of All Fears did a while ago, not used to endings like this in movies nowadays - very cool though...

Made me laugh though when it turns out that the T800 / T101 they send back thru time is the same one that did the job on Connor in the future...

Wonder if the big virus writers will think next time before releasing one into the public after the message this film put out!?!

Good to see Arnie again though, just a shame they don't make em like they used too... Someone give him 100 million, lots of big guns and just let him shoot as many people as he wants - those were the days, none of this 0 Human Casualty crap....

8/10
    Last edited by Aido; 6th July 2003 at 04:56 PM.
    Go shagging in Prague or live it large in Vegas !!

Thanks
    Karma Level

I really enjoyed this movie, it's been the best blockbuster of the summer so far for me beating Matrix 2 and The Hulk hands down.

The chase scene with the crane is amazing and it's non-stop action all the way, I liked some of the in Jokes and cameo's especially from the psychiatrist from the first movie.

The storyline is ok and like Aido I didn't see the ending coming either.

In the last 18 months or so of having BB access I've watched more movies than is probably good for me but very few these days seem to grab me and hold me for the duration but I gotta say that this movie did and is well worth a watch.

8/10

Thanks
    Karma Level

the ending sucked ass for me in the biggest way

i think they sacrificed a great story to be able to continue with the franchise

the special effects were cleaner than T2 - but didn't have the WOW factor - but then again what films do these days ? I think we've been spoiled with special effects - there is nothing that REALLY impresses me any more

i enjoyed the gags but it seemed to cut short imho

i give the movie / story 8/10 and i give the ending a big fat 0/10

Thanks
    Karma Level

well to start off i was thinking all the way up untill the end that, "this hasnt been all that good", altho the action scense and the story were ok there wasnt alot u had to figure out, i remember watching T2 and havin to remember back to the previous T movie or even trying to work out y he was doing certain things, but not in this one, wot u saw was wot u got, i thought it was a well ended movie also, if it hadnt of been for that ending i wud of said it was a canny average film but i realy liked how they worked it in.
    action scenes: well eerrr, they were amazing as ever, non of it looked cgi or blue screen, i especialy liked the chase in the crain
    this is going to be one of the years best films, and if u dont like my review 'talk to the hand'

9/10

oh before i finish
    @ Aido: u realy recon the first movie is a 10/10 ? i'd say 7 ...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by Gavin M
    @ Aido: u realy recon the first movie is a 10/10 ? i'd say 7 ...
    For it's day it was a classic mate IMO, it ranks up there with the likes of Star Wars, Blade Runner etc, it was a very dark film though, I can't see anyone making a film like that one again where someone just goes round shooting people like there's no tomorrow - too many people would stop them making it...

It was basic but a classic....

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by T-1200
    I'm a massive Terminator fan, but I have not seen it yet because its not released until Aug 1st, but from what I.ve heard you do not see any future scenes in T3 at all.

if this is true then I am going to be very disappointed as I was hoping to see 100's of endos on screen like the scenes in the trailers.

As a dedicated Terminator and Arnie fan, I can say without doubt yes you will be dissapointed, the special effects are brilliant, but a lame ass story. I suppose the problem is, unlike Matrix (which was written as a trilogy) this was an after thought and was just too difficult to try and tie everything in with T1 and T2. I would also give 7-8/10 (althouh 10/10 on special FX)

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by Morph
    I suppose the problem is, unlike Matrix (which was written as a trilogy) this was an after thought and was just too difficult to try and tie everything in with T1 and T2. I would also give 7-8/10 (althouh 10/10 on special FX)
    You've cracked it on the head there mate, in the original book (it was also in the Ultimate Edition) you saw Sarah Connor sat at the end on some swings with some kids or something? Been a long time since I read that book - but it finalised the story at number 2 - they've had to forget that for this one...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Might go and watch this one then. Is it worth a cinema visit or is it a wait-for-DVD job?
    DF Moderator
    XBox One | Panasonic 4k | MS Surface Pro 3 | 3DSXL | WiiU | RPi3
    XBL : TheSumOfAllEvil

Thanks
    Karma Level

Cinema visit for the effects....

Thanks
    Karma Level

Sweet. I don't go to the cinema much these days as I have a setup at home thats good enough but I do like the big SFX movies like Matrix/LOTR etc so I'll make an exception for T3 and go to my local Warner Village methinks...

Cheers Aido
    DF Moderator
    XBox One | Panasonic 4k | MS Surface Pro 3 | 3DSXL | WiiU | RPi3
    XBL : TheSumOfAllEvil

Thanks
    Karma Level

just seen this now, having not seen any trailors i thought id enjoy it more,

theres action from the very 1st second right till the very end.

FX were cool, story was a bit lame to be honest, it wasnt better then the first two films, certainly the most anticipated film of the year but wont win any awards.

7.5/10

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

just downloaded and watched it, i thought it seemed quite rushed, like they were never stopping to really think what to do next they always seemed to know where they were going without much hassle, although i am pretty stoned im sure it was the film and not just me imagining it, to be honest no sequal would do the terminator films justice but i think they made a good effort with this one

i enjoyed and the jokes did make me chuckle

8/10

You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Watched it the other night..

1. Arnie with glittery shades - great!

2. Pissed off wasnt more into the future - when is this film going to kick into future mode.. T47

3. Film was far too short - only on for around 1h 30mins..

4. Overall - didnt even compare to the other two, Arnie looked great for his age and was really funny, rest was shite..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast