Close

Thread: winrar problems

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default winrar problems

Hello all

wonder if someone can help me with an annoying and frustating problem.

i have winrar 3.0 and having problems generating a bin file that works. I have 3 winrar files in a directory and i open up each one individually and select all and extract to same folder for all 3 winrar files. I am then left with about 23 rar files in this directory. i then open up the winrar which has rar 01 in and it generates the bin file and i highlight it and tick extract to same directory as tall the other rar files and it starts to extract the bin file but i get a popup saying extract all files or just selected. i hit extract all and then it starts extracting but i then get a popup that says NEXT VOLUME REQUIRED and there is browse option with this text in C:\test\Rar$DI00.625\kal-wcs3.002. If i browse for this file and selct the directory and file it extracts the rest of the bin file ok, but the disk wont work when i burn it. Anyone know why i get the error message and will this be enough to stop the disk from burning correctly.

Thanking you all

Curleous

Thanks
    Karma Level

1. Use the latest version of WinRAR (v3.20).
    2. Unrar the first 3 files to a single separate directory.
    3. If one of the unrarred files is *.rar then double-click this file to begin extraction - extract the files to another separate directory.
    4. If you have no *.rar but you have a *.r00 file then start WinRAR and point it at the *.r00 file to begin extraction. If you don't have a *.r00 file then use *.r01 instead. Remember to extract the files to another separate directory.
    5. If it still pops up with a 'Next volume required' dialog then check that you don't have the required volume in another directory (they should all have been extracted to the same directory).

If it still doesn't work after all this then either one of the RARs is duff or the entire release is duff. Or you might need more than just 3 original RARs to start off with - are you sure you haven't missed some?

Also, if you use Daemon Tools then you can mount the BIN image from your hard drive without having to burn it to a CD-R (helps to avoid making coasters if it turns out to be a duff BIN).

Hope this helps.

--Speedlock
    Last edited by Speedlock; 14th July 2003 at 01:24 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default thanks

thanks speedlock,

i have tried what u said and still the same. Even if i select the file when it asks me in the popup i get the bin file and i know that the bin file is the correct size as one of my mates has downloaded this and burnt it to a cd and his works ....but when i burn it wont work.....it starts ok and then freezes.

Cheers

Curleous