Close

Thread: New to Digital

Thanks
    Karma Level

New to Digital

Hello all im new so please go easy

Im thinking obout purchasing a NTL digi box and having it chipped
    if thats possible with these new boxes, I use to have one of them
    old NTL analouge boxes chipped til one day i turned it on and most of the channels were messed up and i was told that NTL were sending nukes down the line to prevent people using these chips, any how ive been trying to understand these digi boxes but i dont understand how they work with these fun cards as it just seems to go over my head

i believe im still on cable TV because i can get the discovery channel and ccn news and such still through my analouge box
    but non of the others

ive been searching on ebay for these boxes and ive come across
    a Pace NTL DI4001N box are these box's any good at all for using ?

I understand though that u have to disable the talkback in the box to prevent NTL sending anything down to disable to box
    (please correct me if im wrong) but ive heard its pretty tricky to do, anyway really what im looking for is a pre modded box with the talkback disabled as i wouldnt feel confident to do it myself
    not inless theres anyone in the Nottingham area who can do
    these things

just out of curiosity how long has this digi box hack been going on
    for as i only got 2 months out of my analouge and i wouldnt want the same to happen to the digi service ?

please post away and thanks for reading my post

Thanks
    Karma Level

well m8 tobe honest the talkback thing is a piece of p*** (as long as you have eye sight)

there is no guarentee to how long anything like this will 'last'. just be grateful for the time that it does last.

you will learn nothing by buying a 'premodded' box. and when something goes wrong you will be REALLY stuck. (last week was a prime example for many)

best thing to do is to get a box first and try to sort it yourself you will learn a whole lot.
    read through the threads using the search facility then if youre still lost ask away. you will find that others are only too happy to help.

but remember: this is all for EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY.
    Never Take Your Eyes Off The Prize, And Even When You're Getting High, Dont Ever Hesitate To Try.

Thanks
    Karma Level

thanks for the reply drfelix

i was just wondering what is the best box is to get, one with the less problems and the easiest to work with like disabling talk back and such if there is such a box

Thanks
    Karma Level

i guess the 'best' boxes to get would be a 1000/1000 p1b/2000.
    talkback is easy to identify and if you are REALLY luck, if you dont have the paired card for the box, the boxkey MAY be in the database thats been knocking around.

but you will need to search the threads to see what thats all about and MAYBE how/where is get hold of it (not an easy task).
    Never Take Your Eyes Off The Prize, And Even When You're Getting High, Dont Ever Hesitate To Try.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I dont suppose you know anyone whos selling any of them models do you? i can only seem to find alot of the DI4001NC
    models on ebay but im not sure about them....its a bit risky
    because i wont know if they work becuase its not like you can just plug them in to see.. well not without the equipment anyway

whats your opinion on them 4001 models are they more hassel
    then good?

sorry for being a pain in the a** but i need to know these things

Thanks
    Karma Level

i think some members have had success with the 4001 where others may have had difficulty. best to read the threads to see whats what. i havent had any experience of that model.

may be a better bet to check your local boot sales for boxes, should be cheaper plus you can at least SEE the box before you buy. if you do this just look at the screws on the back to see if they have been tampered with.

Thanks
    Karma Level

ok i maybe getting a hold of a NTL DITV2000 very soon...so i was wondering on what type of programer i need for it or cant you tell me till i get the number off the card itself whether that be a rom 7 - 10 also am i right in saying that with these box's all you basically do is clone your original card / edit the details on it such as credits and what channels then put the details onto a new card and use that with the digi box or doesnt it work like that, I take it you dont have to do anything to the chips inside the box apart from cutting the pin to disable the talkback

ive managed to find my ID no for my area searching the board NTL 00008 755.000 for nottingham

please if you have any more helpful info which can help me to get started i would appreciate it thanks