Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default You can keep him!

Just got this from a mate on e-mail, so can't show source. If he'd come I'd of liked to see him kick a boot at Terry's bonce!

Sir Alex Ferguson was approached by Chelsea shortly after Roman Abramovich's takeover at Stamford Bridge, it has been claimed today.
    The Manchester Evening News reports tonight that the Russian billionaire made a move for Ferguson in the summer.

Ferguson, the most successful manager in Premiership history, is understood to have turned Chelsea down flat.

The revelation, however, could further unsettle current Chelsea boss Claudio Ranieri, who has had to endure constant speculation over his future since the Russian's arrival.

And it will also do little to melt frosty relations between the two clubs after Chelsea yesterday prised Peter Kenyon, the man behind some of United's most impressive off-the-field achievements, from Old Trafford.

Ferguson, though, seems more than happy to stay with the champions and told the Manchester Evening News: "I am manager of Manchester United and it would be something absolutely catastrophic for me to leave the club. My whole life is Manchester United.

"When you become manager of this club you get woven into the fabric of the place."

It appears Abramovich is using the United way as the blueprint for Premiership and European success in his bid to revolutionise the fortunes of Chelsea, who last won the title in 1955.

News of an approach for Fergie, who is close to opening talks over an extension to his current deal in Manchester, has leaked out just days after Kenyon left his role as United chief executive to take up the same post at Stamford Bridge.

Abramovich has dwarfed United's activity in the transfer market too, spending £110million on new players - including £15million on United's record signing Juan Sebastian Veron - in just four months.

Ferguson could have been attracted by the prospect of regularly using the Russian's mammoth chequebook, but he remains settled at United and has himself rebuilt their squad this summer, bringing in a new batch of young talent.
    If you can smell it, it's in your mouth.
    Click

Thanks
    Karma Level

4 months ago you chelsea idiots were without a clue

now youve been bought by a russian money laundering syndicate you think money can automatically make you biggest club in the world - snubbing the best for the expensive second best and throw aways

i got one word for you

blackburn

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor
    4 months ago you chelsea idiots were without a clue

now youve been bought by a russian money laundering syndicate you think money can automatically make you biggest club in the world - snubbing the best for the expensive second best and throw aways

i got one word for you

blackburn
    now now dont be too worried about other teams, I support Chelsea have done since i knew what football is its my LOCAL team we done nothing much for years, then win a few trophies, straight away every player was touted as being a chelsea target, then fast forward a couple of years, some money comes into the club then we seem to be buying the world i think there is now a lot of talent "young talent" at the club now, so we can only get better, at least a lot of clubs are happy with the money coming in now we seem to have taken over as most hated club. As for fergie he's always used other coaches, upset his players intimadated refs other managers, lit up the north west with the boozehounds nose, so no we dont want him and no i dont think there was ever a offer for him
    slow but sure,or is it sure but slow

On the sidewalk Sunday morning
    Lies a body oozing life
    Someone's sneaking 'round the corner
    Is that someone Mack the Knife

Thanks
    Karma Level

A pile of SHITE! Fergie has pledged his loyalty to Utd many times, he simply LOVES the club, end of story.

No chance of him wasting his talent on a bunch of "Wannabes"

Thanks
    Karma Level

LOL macdaddy, you dont want the most successful modern day manger? You make me larffff! Buy him buy someone else but when someone says no then you slate them and make out its not true! Oh jealousy its great. AND you still wont win the title !
    ooops!

Thanks
    Karma Level

"When you become manager of this club you get woven into the fabric of the place."

Thats true with United ..... and if you dont - you leave or are sold, that simple. Not like that at Chelski though... that will be the difference between us and them come the end of the season (hopefully)....

some say you cant just buy the title-- and i believe that true.....

but it bloody well helps to purchase a full squad of class talent

Thanks
    Karma Level

I personally think that Chelsea will be a strong team to reckon with in days to come and like it or not Man Us days of domination are very much in danger.

I dont think Chelskis buying will stop with one premierleague team .

Sorry to say this but Money talks.
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by 4me2
    I personally think that Chelsea will be a strong team to reckon with in days to come and like it or not Man Us days of domination are very much in danger.
    Our domination is over ........ hmmmmmm heard that one before, its the usual line I get off the scousers at work at the beginning of last season

and

last season .... we were finished ...

Chelsea will have a massive impact this season , I just think they may have a few probs keeping a balanced team and team spirit. They look impressive especially the free scoring Mutu.

thing is you just cant write off Arsenal and United ... and even the Geordies when they get back up there. There are 5 or 6 teams that will make this season a really close one... and then there are the likes of Blackburn , a decent outsider who will take points from the top teams

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by superflysi
    Our domination is over ........ hmmmmmm heard that one before, its the usual line I get off the scousers at work at the beginning of last season

and

last season .... we were finished ...

Chelsea will have a massive impact this season , I just think they may have a few probs keeping a balanced team and team spirit. They look impressive especially the free scoring Mutu.

thing is you just cant write off Arsenal and United ... and even the Geordies when they get back up there. There are 5 or 6 teams that will make this season a really close one... and then there are the likes of Blackburn , a decent outsider who will take points from the top teams

I was looking further ahead than this season . I have a gut feeling that Chelski can and will buy off 3 or 4 premier league teams over the next 2 or 3 years and can basically dictate how things run. That is unless new legislation gets drawn up to stop him which I cant see happening. imagine him buying up all the teams then sitting down with murdoch to discuss TV rights. I wonder how that would end up ? :coffee:
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Scary thoughts mate ---- he could quite easily buy up a few teams if he fancied it. He is playing real fantasy football, but as he is a true business man ... when he has changed them into the brand United have (laundering his dirty money in the process ) whats to say he wont sell out ???

I suppose its the danger of having no legislation around the whole buying/selling of clubs etc. Look at united as an example, M Knighton tried buying us ... he was the type to make a quick fortune then disappear. Whats going to happen with Chelsea when Ambramovich had enough .... is he going to pass it on to one of his mates , hand it down to his kids ???
    Who knows :|

One thing is , it keeps us all interested.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by 4me2
    I was looking further ahead than this season . I have a gut feeling that Chelski can and will buy off 3 or 4 premier league teams over the next 2 or 3 years and can basically dictate how things run. That is unless new legislation gets drawn up to stop him which I cant see happening. imagine him buying up all the teams then sitting down with murdoch to discuss TV rights. I wonder how that would end up ? :coffee:

Yes that a good point, but if he buys into other premeir teams like the big guns etc then really he has taken away the main competition, if owns 2 or 3 prem teams then all of them attract big star players, soon the likes of nesta, thuram, shevchenko, chivu, figo etc will be at one of his clubs, so really it will be a menace to the game if that happen, he owning 2 or 3 top prem sides, should not be allowed i dont think, he could either buy to just run down or sell there star players depending on which club eh buys, or make a business out of the club he buys bring in more top players like he did at chelsea, the prem will then have the most of the worlds top stars if he thros his money around to the right clubs for their players

Thanks
    Karma Level

Isnt there a rule that you can only have financial involvment with only one league club?

I hope Chelsea do well, its a shame the average Football fan wants to see them fail, guess it comes back to jealousy, id like to see all the top 4-5 teams pushing all the way.

As for Fergie, you have him in a second if it wasnt for how much you all hate Man U, why do hate Man U again?, Why i guess it all comes back to jealousy.
    Last edited by 2High; 12th September 2003 at 07:54 AM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by 2High
    Isnt there a rule that you can only have financial involvment with only one league club?

I hope Chelsea do well, its a shame the average Football fan wants to see them fail, guess it comes back to jealousy, id like to see all the top 4-5 teams pushing all the way.

As for Fergie, you have him in a second if it wasnt for how much you all hate Man U, why do hate Man U again?, Why i guess it all comes back to jealousy.
    What is any form of competeing without jealousy?

I don't enjoy footy just for the fine tradition of 'the game'. I watch it because I wanna see my team thrash the pants off the likes of Man U, Liverpool etc.

I'm not jealous of Wolves, so if we win next week I won't be that fussed. But if we beat Man U (who I'm jealous of), I'll be happy as a pig in shit.

AND I'M NOT ASHAMED!!!
    Click

Thanks
    Karma Level

Well done CominAtcha. at least ya honest.
    ooops!

Thanks
    Karma Level

i dont feel jealous, you pitch up on a team and stick with, of course you'd rather see em win not lose, i've been going to the bridge so long i can remember when mufc fans were mostly from manchester, but a rivalary with them never, arsenal spurs yes but not mufc
    slow but sure,or is it sure but slow

On the sidewalk Sunday morning
    Lies a body oozing life
    Someone's sneaking 'round the corner
    Is that someone Mack the Knife

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by macdaddy
    i dont feel jealous, you pitch up on a team and stick with, of course you'd rather see em win not lose, i've been going to the bridge so long i can remember when mufc fans were mostly from manchester, but a rivalary with them never, arsenal spurs yes but not mufc
    Local clashes are all well and good, but I get the biggest rush from Chelsea beating the best. (Barcelona first leg anyone?)

That's not to say that Arsenal and Spurs aren't any good of course.
    Click

Thanks
    Karma Level

i got one word for you

blackburn
    Returning the favour:

Southampton

Sorry must edit that. Was comparing a loss to a draw.

Thanks
    Karma Level

i can remember when mufc fans were mostly from manchester, but a rivalary with them never, arsenal spurs yes but not mufc
    and those remaining from Manchester ( not our traveling Chelmsford or whatever crew) would not class Chelsea as a rival (they are now on the pitch... and games in past few years have been good to watch)....

we hate City and the Scouse , that simple. Arsenal and Chelsea drop in the group of our BIG games, but losing to City or the Dirty's is ten times worse....

Build a Bonfire --- scousers on the top , city in the middle and we'll burn the f@@king lot.

Thanks
    Karma Level

**** off, youd have him in a minute.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by superflysi
    and those remaining from Manchester ( not our traveling Chelmsford or whatever crew) would not class Chelsea as a rival (they are now on the pitch... and games in past few years have been good to watch)....

we hate City and the Scouse , that simple. Arsenal and Chelsea drop in the group of our BIG games, but losing to City or the Dirty's is ten times worse....

Build a Bonfire --- scousers on the top , city in the middle and we'll burn the f@@king lot.
    I love Chelsea Vs Man U games. Especially as we always give them a run for their money (and sometimes a damn good thrashing!).

I guess it's just me then. I prefer and enjoy watching my team play and possibly beat the best (not labelling any particular team here), I just don't get excited when we beat Spurs 4-2. Just smug.

Guess all you hardcore would call me a glory seeker........?
    Click

Social Networking Bookmarks