Close

Thread: T68i Help!

Thanks
    Karma Level

T68i Help!

I've got a Sony Ericsson T68i on Orange Pay as you go. I've only had it about 6 weeks or so. Sometimes (quite a lot actually) I get "no access" appearing instead of "Orange", when this happens I need to take out the sim card for about an hour or so then put it back in and it works for a few days till it happens again, and sometimes it says "Orange", but when I make a call all I get is "beep, beep, beep" then it hangs up, even though I have full reception!

I've taken it back to the orange shop and they sent in back to ericsson to get "fixed". When I got it back they told me it was fixed but to no surprise the problem arose again after 2 days!

I'm going back to the orange shop on Saturday and am thinking of asking them to replace it with another phone (Sony Ericsson T610), and I'll pay the difference, if not then I'll ask for something like gift vouchers or a credit note so that I can use it later, or just got to the other orange shop about a 5 min walk away and get the phone.

Before I do this can anyone suggest what might be wrong with the phone and if it could easily be fixed, and weather or not the orange shop would replace it or give me a credit note/gift vouchers (I still have the reciept!)

Termy

It could "possibly" be the sim card m8. Have you tried another sim in it.

I have known similar problems caused by sim cards.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hi,
    yes, I've tried about 5 differant sim cards (all on orange) and I still get the same problem!

Now I have that "no access" problem, and I've taken the battery sim card out for 2hrs and tried 2 differant sims, but the phone just keep displaying "no access", I've tried the sims in other phones and they work, I think the phone is totaled!!
    Last edited by Mario87; 11th September 2003 at 05:05 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I had the same problem with my T68i. I bought mine sim free from a shop and it used to work perfect with Orange. I went abroad for a few months and when I came back to the UK I put my Orange sim back into it and I got the same message. My O2 sim worked perfect in it. And my Orange sim worked fine in my spare phone (Nokia 8850).

I phoned up Orange and I got some bollox about the fact that they don't really support SIM free phones (?!) etc.

I think this is a common problem with the T68i's and Orange. As I've read about other people having similar problems.

Mine used to be really tempremental, sometimes it worked then others it didn't. In the end I got rid of the thing and bought a Sammy v200 instead.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yeah, I called up orange today and they asked for the imei number to check if the phone was black listed, they asked where i got the phone, etc and just told me to clean the sim card and all that bollox, then in the end they said "it's not a network problem, it's a problem with the phone." I've also noticed that you can't seem to find anywhere with them in stock on orange, it could be that they have found a problem and have recalled stock to sort it??? But the B*STARDS still havn't sorted mine.

Sony Ericsson say the phone has no problems with it and orange do! My m8 has one on T-Mobile with the same problem, if i'm correct Orange and T-Mobile use the same GSM Band, so it sounds like a problem with the phones arial not being able to pick up good signals on that GSM Band!

Well I'm going to go to the orange shop on Sat and ask for an exchange to a differant handset (Sony Ericsson T610) and if they give me bullsh*t about fixing it 3 times before replacing it, etc I'll just tell them to p*ss off cos I'm fed up with them because they did the same to me with my Nokia 3330, and in the end they never fixed it! So if they don't sort it one way or the other I'm gonna report them to trading standards because they offer you a phone that is supposed to work, then doesn't, and they just keep f*cking you about until the warranty is expired and you have to pay for repairs or buy a new phone!

Thanks
    Karma Level

give em f**king hell mate !!!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

i know exactly what is wrong!

Your probably in an area that has dodgy reception, i used to suffer with french networks overlapping the uk networks. Basically, what is happening, your mobile is trying to connect to another network (foreign) but the other network isn't responding. try a manual search and selecting orange.

i had this on vodafone, it kept picking up french nets, but im about 35 miles away from the french coastline, so I couldn’t access them! normally happens in the summer.

do a manual search, and see if you pick up anythin other then the uk net's.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Marcusp
    i know exactly what is wrong!

Your probably in an area that has dodgy reception, i used to suffer with french networks overlapping the uk networks. Basically, what is happening, your mobile is trying to connect to another network (foreign) but the other network isn't responding. try a manual search and selecting orange.

i had this on vodafone, it kept picking up french nets, but im about 35 miles away from the french coastline, so I couldn’t access them! normally happens in the summer.

do a manual search, and see if you pick up anythin other then the uk net's.
    Hi, well I'm in Aberdeen so I cant be picking up other networks, and none of my m8's or family have that problem on any network! I will give it a go anyway and tell you how I get on later on tonight, oh and so far today I have had "no access" appear twice on my screen and each time I have to wait 1hr 30mins till I can use my phone again, what's the point in having a phone if I can hardly use it????!!!!

Oh, and how do you do manual selection on this phone. The manual says go to the main menu, go to settings, go to phone settings, them select network, but the thing it the menu "Phone Settings" does not exist in my phone!!!

Update: I've figured out how to change networks, and when I manually selected orange, I got that "no access" error again!!! :grr:
    Last edited by Mario87; 12th September 2003 at 03:35 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Went to see the F*GGOTS at The orange Shop today, after an hour of arguing with some random PR*CK he said he'll send the phone away to get "fixed" again, I told him I'de only agree if I got a replacement of my choice if the phone comes back and has a problem, no matter what the problem is (same or differant). He said "okay that's fine" So I he filled in the form to get my phone sent away, when I signed the paper I reminded him about what he said amd asked for it in writing as proof. He then said "I'm not going to do that, if it comes back with a fault we'll just send it back". I told the F*CKER that if he did that then I'de sue the pants off the shop and contact trading standards. He just said "Do that if you want!", that made my blood really boil, anyway he took my phone and I want to the other orange shop branch (the one I bought my phone from) and asked to speak to the manager (the person who sold me the phone), he was much better and said that he'll cotact Sony Ericsson and tell them to deliver it the the branche he works in, and if the phone comes back with a fault or developes a fault later on then he'll let me have any other handset and I'd just need to pay the difference! But for the next week or two I don't have a F*CKING phone!!! :grr:

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hi domain28 i got a t68i on orange and hey guess what? 4 or 5 faults I get No access fault, the bleeping, also the phone locks up during mid use. Microphone also packed up

its been repaired 5 times yes 5 times and still faulty. Phones4U in walsall are a terrible shop to go into theyre useless. they would only give me a loan phone for £50 deposit! £50 i dont carry that money in my pockets all the time do I? after lots of arguements they refuse to give me a new handset because various faults have occured. They wont let me change the brand of phone i use because they arent allowed to.

trading standards said theyre breaking whatever law 1979 of sales act and would help me if i can prove the store are doing this1 what the heck???

im stuck basically with a shit phone that works some of the time £30 a month contract and a store who dont give a ****.

i am in walsall thursday so ill pay them a nice visit i think :annoyed:

oh by the way as for a post i read above with network interference, i live in the midlands no chance of other countries interferring

Thanks
    Karma Level

Well I got a call from the BELLEND who I was arguing with for an hour saying that he called sony ericsson and they told him how to "fix" it in store (firmware upgrade I bet!), I told him to F*CK off and I wouldn't touch it cos I bet that's wot they did last time they had it! After doing a search on google I found LOADS of sites and forums with this prob (only on T-Mobile and Orange) and this one guy has had 3 replacements and a firmware upgrade (from sony ericsson centre). Guess what, it's still F*CKED, because I'm on pay as you go I don't have to keep the phone for a certain time, so they will be breaking the law if they don't sort it (which they say they are, but they are not!)! So if I don't get this problem over and done with soon I'm going to report them to trading standards and my mum (who paid £149.99 for it on her visa) said to the manager that she'll sue (I think it's called a "small claim" or something), she's studied the law, etc so she knows what she's talking about. Even if we had to resort to that I doubt the orange would take the case because of the fees, etc orange would have to pay out to their lawyers which would most likely be more than £149.99!!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

as im on contract perhaps i could terminate it for breach of contract because the fones not fit 4 the purpose

Thanks
    Karma Level
    mmmm sounds a bit like what I'm going through with my 7210...............

Bl**dy thing!!

:annoyed:

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by dingle_666
    as im on contract perhaps i could terminate it for breach of contract because the fones not fit 4 the purpose

Good idea, but if you do go through with it I would recommend getting proper legal advise (could try the legal advise section), just to be sure you cant get into trouble!

Thanks
    Karma Level

UPDATE: Went to the orange shop today regarding my phone and spoke to the manager who gave me bullsh*t about how they called sony ericsson and they told them what to do. The fact that I signed my phone over to them to send away to be handled my professionals to be sorted and not the muppets that work there, then they go and try to sort it without even asking me because they dont have the right to do that unless I give the OK for them to try and "fix" it instead of Sony Ericsson. After that the manager appologised and said that he'll send it away to Sony Ericsson personally (like f*ck he will) and if they don't sort he will replace it. If they do then I'm going to ask for FULL details on what they did, if he says "a firmware upgrade" I'm not taking it cos that's all the shop have done! I showed him about 15 pages of problems that people have had with this phone on orange (from this thread and other forums) and he couldn't believe it and told me that he'll read it tonight because he wants to know why this is happening and he also told me he'll send a copy of it to Sony Ericsson. He said my phone will take 10 days or less to come back, but I'm going to wait a week and if he hasn't even heard from Sony Ericsson I am going to be VERY F*CKING P*SSED OFF unless I get it sorted there and then!!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Went to the orange shop today, after a month of me first getting this problem it's still not fixed, they told me it's still with sony (more like in the back, but still f*cked!) and to wait till 2moro, I gave him 3 choices, replace it there and then, give me my money back or go to court, he wouldn't do the first 2. So I got the forms to fill out for a claim like this and will fill out out shortly. I don't want another phone from that sh*t shop, and I went and ordered a Sony Ericsson T610 from http://www.orangedealer.co.uk/ on Orange pay as you go for only £154.50, compared with the £199.99 in store price, I'm not sure if this company is owned by orange or just sell orange phones, but there is NO WAY they can have a worse customer service than the orange shop!!!