Hi everyone

This is a quick note to let you all know there will soon be some changes being made to helpfiles.co.uk. I have finished building a new search engine which works almost as well as google - you can check out the development of this at http://www.minigoogle.co.uk)

Soon the helpfiles.co.uk site is going to be overhauled. There will be a fresh design, improved searching and I will be reactivating the members and downloads areas. To prevent file leeching, I have created a new download management script which means all downloads will need to be paid for (£2:00 each), and the download link will be unique for each user and then it will change.

I will also be placing the entire helpfiles available for download again too.

As always, the site will remain free to use, but the hosting and bandwidth bill for last year was crippling, so this is why I am giving people the option to pay for the memberships and downloads. Over 400,000 unique visitors in September alone and traffic is still rising. Wow!

In spite of hundreds of repeated requests to put the forums back online, I have decided this would be pointless because these forums here at DigitalForums are already excellent and I do not think another one is needed.

In summary then, I am hoping the new changes will be online by December 2003, so there may be a slight disruption in site availability whilst I switch hosts and update the designs, but I will try to keep it minimal.

If you have any suggestions or features you think may be a good idea, feel free to PM me as always M8's

cheers

DF