Close

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default england squad announced

Squad: Robinson, Walker, James; Campbell, Cole, Upson, Bridge, P Neville, G Neville, Terry, Mills; J Cole, Hargreaves, Lampard, Gerrard, Beckham, Butt, Scholes, Dyer; Rooney, Heskey, Beattie, Owen.

why was teddy not picked in the squad he can do a much better job up front, compared to beattie especially in such a pressure match, and i reckon southgate should be playing, i think they need more experience in the camp rather than players who have only played a handful of games for england.............though scholesy is the man to watch he will be the match winner thats where the goal(s) will come from

Thanks
    Karma Level

This team looks very weak somehow. Why no Vassell? I always thought he has been excellent for England. And, I must say it- why no Alan Thompson? think its about time he gets a chance on the left, although I admit this is definatley not the right time to try him out, maybe he'll get a chance in the future.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hmm why is Mills continually picked? He's hardly lighting the world on fire with his displays for Boro. Also Joe Cole, he can't get on the pitch for a full 90 mins at Chelsea yet he's in the squad! I reckon Gareth Barry should have had a chance as we are badly weak down the left imo. Also Vassell isn't picked as his club form is a tad poor and has only played a handful of matches for Villa this season

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

i personally think vassell should have been picked cuz of his pace and he cn score for england when bought on as a sub, as for mills, well he is jsut cover IF neville is injured, cuz gary neville is bound to play ahead of him anyway, and joe cole well he wioll only get a game if he plays out on the left, cuz u got gerrard, butt and scholes in the middle with becks on the right, so there is no way he can force them out, but i can see him being thrown on late in the game jsut to hold the ball up (even though he cant do it very well)

Thanks
    Karma Level

apparently Vassell has been called up for cover for Owen now (according to Sky Sports News) who is only rated as 50-50 still

Thanks
    Karma Level

Seems logical tho, Vassell is pacey and skilfull like Owen. I agree Barry should've been called up too, he's very good in the centre, but i'd like to see him on the left.

Thanks
    Karma Level

A big round of applause for Emile HEskey and Joe Cole for getting into the England squad after both playing about 30 minute's of football each. Sven you are a w@nker.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_41
    This team looks very weak somehow. Why no Vassell? I always thought he has been excellent for England. And, I must say it- why no Alan Thompson? think its about time he gets a chance on the left, although I admit this is definatley not the right time to try him out, maybe he'll get a chance in the future.
    Alan Thompson is injured at the mo.....even so, he will never get a game for England as long as he's playing in Scotland, same with Sutton, and also Stefan Klos at Rangers will never get in the German squad because he plays in Scotland. It doesn't matter how well they are playing at home or in Europe they will be deemed not good enough for their country. Load of Sh*te if you ask me. Thompson and Sutton have been superb for the past 2/3 seasons.

How long have England been looking for a natural left footer on the left?

And Owen Hargreaves, that boy is pish. Saw him play against Celtic v Bayern and he didn't kick a ball, and when he did it wasn't in the direction of a team mate. :|

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Roper99

How long have England been looking for a natural left footer on the left?

:|
    sven only looks at right footers. Hargreeves is a right footer. Gareth Barry has played central midfield this season and been shit.
    Sven hasn't tried one left footer on the left in all the friendly's we've had and used a billion players. I bet Seth Johnson could do a job he's in form, but u just can't throw him in u need to blood them in the friendly matches.

I'd just go with Bridge at full back and ashley cole as winger.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Chris Sutton and Alan Thompson - we may aswell open the door to the first division if we sink that low! lol

Seth Johnson is not ready for this game, he has only played the last 8 for Leeds after a long time out, but given time he is a very competitive player who has the added quality of a good left foot.

Thanks
    Karma Level

LMAO! cant believe you lot are talkin about "Seth for England", used to know the lad and play footie occassionally before he was at Crewe.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

you wqould be better off sticking seth from emmerdale in on the left, he would probably do a good job, especially in svens squad....................betty luv

Thanks
    Karma Level

he's played for the full england team before against Italy, there are some good English players in the Premiership that don't play for Arse, Manure and Liverpool you know.

ABCMan

one thing strikes me as odd, ferdinand gets left out even though he has yet to be punished, but another player is in even though he is involved in an alleged rape.

looks like the fa have their priorities right.

Thanks
    Karma Level

and woodgate and bowyer were banned for playing for england whilst they were only alleged.
    One rule for leeds another for Newcastle?

Thanks
    Karma Level

He will play Phil Neville at left wing and hope that we get lucky. Im not sure he is looking to win but to draw.

Might even play the old diamond formation that El Tel used to so as to have 4 defenders and a defensive midfielder to lock the game down.

If you are looking for a left winger Macca is back and playing well for Man City....
    - Plan for Tomorrow - Live for today - Hail to the King Baby -