Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Calais Booze Cruise

Right

I'm back off to Calais in a couple of weeks for a boot load of Lager and Wine. We went last year and with all the best intentions to scout out the best deals, but ended up going straight to the HyperMarket (Auchan) and that was about it.

Whilst cheap the Hypermarket was very crowded and I couldn't help feeling we could have got some better deals. This year i'd like to see some better wines and better prices. I am not bothered about Tobaco... filthy habit!

So where do you guys prefer?
    Photography: Nikon D50 - 18-55mm, 70-300mm, 105mm Macro, 2 x 2gb SD Cards, Jessops Tripod, LowePro Rucksack

Thanks
    Karma Level

when i was younger i used to pop over to the main town.if i remember right u pop streight on the flyover/moterway and get second exit, soon as you come off this exit ur on another moterway you should see a sighn for guiness stay in the right lane and come off virtualy streight away. nows the complicated part if u turn left theres a renoult or pug dealership or a massive truck stop of some sort theres a cash and carry behind there. if u turn right on the round about and follow it streight theres a cash and carry down a little ally thing before the train crossing and after the bmw garage if u take a left so u run along the river theres about 4 or 5 cash and carries along it. If this one still open come out of port instead of going on motor way round raoundabout and the stop before the port again so u come back on yourself nearly theres a industrial estate there and it used to have the cheapest beer anywhere called north and south. but theres bound to be more. remember this was a while ago so they may all be losed down and as u can tell by my shitty details i only went the once, for personal use.
    [live=tbops]tbops[/live]

Thanks
    Karma Level

cheers tbops i'll have a look for that on the map
    Photography: Nikon D50 - 18-55mm, 70-300mm, 105mm Macro, 2 x 2gb SD Cards, Jessops Tripod, LowePro Rucksack

Thanks
    Karma Level

Just came back from Paris and we stopped off at a place called Eastenders. If you follow the signs for Calais ferry port when you turn off the main dual carriageway. you will see a big sign with eastenders on it. There were probably 6 to 10 big beer and wine merchants all close together, on what could be described as an industrial estate. We got some cracking deals from there....£4.74 for 24 stubby stellas and some good wines were only £15 a case for 12

good luck

Curleous

Thanks
    Karma Level

yes Eastenders is on my list... think i will try there first

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by wizer
    yes Eastenders is on my list... think i will try there first
    They have a website

Eastenders

Thanks
    Karma Level

Eastenders is at least 4-5 pond more per case more than the 'real' cash and carries. its on the left as u leave calais on the motorway flyover thing cant miss it. last resort ONLY. the one on the train tracks i was on abouyt supplies most of the others with there beer so there bound to still be there
    [live=tbops]tbops[/live]