Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Possible BBA alternative?

Just had this idea peeps, was thinking about using the GameBoy adaptor as a possible work around if Ninny stop all current production of current BBA's and release a 'fixed' version...

I remember a thread some time ago about how at some show when demonstrating the Gameboy player they booted the console without the gameboy disk in the cube...

And which socket does the gameboy adaptor slot into? Cos either way its a port into the system.

I was thinking something along the lines of a gameboy cart with relevent pins linked to a cable which has an RJ45 plug on it which links straight into the pc's ethernet port.

Please let me know if this is possible / already thought of... and if it is'nt yet i'd like a small cut of profits / acknowledge of ideas... lol
    Meh....

Thanks
    Karma Level

i doubt that would be possible, and if it was it may be too complex to actually get working, i do think a third party BB adapter interface could be made, some clever jap will probably knock one out with a bit of luck

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by {{909}}
    i doubt that would be possible, and if it was it may be too complex to actually get working, i do think a third party BB adapter interface could be made, some clever jap will probably knock one out with a bit of luck

you know what, they should use something like i said cos it'll make the games load faster.. i'm not sure of speeds of ports on the GC but the broadband adaptor runs through serial port 1 on the GC while the gameboy adaptor runs through the hi speed port....

the serial port only has 12 signal pins and 4 (what i can make out to be) power
    pins, while the hi speed port has 38 - 40 (my eyes kept crossing) pins plus the 4 power pins.

Well just my idea.. Sanj run it back to ur GC underground bods and remember my 50% share.... lol
    Meh....