Close

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Capital Punishment

Just been reading that the tories have been touching on the subject of bringing back the death penalty. Just wondering how many of you would support this...

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/031116/325/ee2wg.html

...personally I think its a good idea but thats just down to my opinion. I don't really see anything against it. An "eye for an eye" does sound a good idea surely?
    Mladen

Thanks
    Karma Level

I believe the punishment should match the crime.

People who live a life of crime continue to do so because the punishment is a small price to pay compared to what they get out of whatever it is they do.
    <BR><A HREF="http://howitcouldhavebeen.da.ru">It could have been so easy!</A><BR><BR><A HREF="http://www.cannabis.com/untoldstory/">The untold story!</A><BR><BR><A HREF="http://www.petitionthem.com/?sect=detail&pet=34">Sign the petition to legalse cannabis!</A><BR>

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I think they should bring back the birtch and teach some of these little chavas a lesson.

oE.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I Have to agree with both 2high and oE, The punishment should fit the crime and installing a stocks in town centres with weekly public floggings would`nt be a bad idea, gives new meaning to getting medieval on their asses!!
    "God is a comedian, playing to an audience who are too afraid to laugh...."

Thanks
    Karma Level

i voted no because i still think it introduces too many problems and to be honest i wouldnt like to see the UK follow in the steps of the US.

Life inside should mean life inside and by inside i mean a prison cell without access to TV's, pool tables, food that actuallly tastes like food etc.

let the fu(kers live out their lives in discomfort.

BuLLd0g

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by BuLLd0g
    i voted no because i still think it introduces too many problems and to be honest i wouldnt like to see the UK follow in the steps of the US.

BuLLd0g
    I dont see any problems with putting a bullet in mass murderers or child sex offenders heads. Infact I see only advantadges like a big save in costs .
    You dont need to pay for years to keep them and psychiatrists costs etc.

The money saved can be easily used to put more resources into cleaning up crime so that pensioners are safe to walk the streets. Talking of pensioners they could give them more money from the savings too.

A bullet only costs a few pence whereas years keeping them inside costs hundreds of thousands over the years.
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

i agree with sum of buldogs sayins

they have a better life inside p.c's blaaa

but wot happens if u shoot them and

find out in a few years it was not them

but if they find 100% it was them then yes kill the fookers
    Last edited by DEC2K; 16th November 2003 at 07:20 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

i agree with most of whats been said, provided theres no way a mistake couldve been made then i dont see why murdering ****ers deserve to live. david davis was talking about it for serial killers- no loss to society, wouldnt cost as much. wonder what proportion of britain would want to see it reintroduced, id bet its quite a high percentage.
    "There are two ways to slide easily through life: to believe everything or to doubt everything; both ways save us from thinking." - Alfred Korzybski

"Alcohol, the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems" - Homer J. Simpson

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by 4me2
    I dont see any problems with putting a bullet in mass murderers or child sex offenders heads. Infact I see only advantadges like a big save in costs .
    You dont need to pay for years to keep them and psychiatrists costs etc.
    don't get me wrong - i'd happily pull that trigger if there was 100% certainty (and it was legal ;-) to such offenders.

but given the choice between spending LIFE in a proper shithole of a prison without any form of pleasure (these dont exist in the UK as far as im aware) and gettin a bullet in the head - i'd go for the latter option. why give them the easy way out?

Thanks
    Karma Level

cos it costs 2 much
    "There are two ways to slide easily through life: to believe everything or to doubt everything; both ways save us from thinking." - Alfred Korzybski

"Alcohol, the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems" - Homer J. Simpson

Thanks
    Karma Level

i guess cost is at the root of the problem but far too much money goes towards things other than security IMHO.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yes, it would save an awful lot of money to just put them down. Whats the point in keeping them locked up for life? Its a good as dead!

Just been walking down Swansea town centre on my own. Why do people find it so tempting to pick fights with me?

Looking for the train station and when i finally managed to figure it out there was this guy who was adament he was going to "smash my head in" as he put it. i walked past him once he was just sitting on the pub stairs shaking his head. When i walked past second time he said hey....so i looked at him wondering what he wanted. Then he said "what you ****ing looking at". I thought skitzo...first you want me and then you dont. Then started mouthing me off saying it would serve me right for coming to swansea. I was like whaaaaat!?!?

I just dont understand why people want to fight for no reason whatsoever. I certainly dont enjoy it...
    Mladen

Thanks
    Karma Level

you should watch "The Life Of David Gale" .. good film and makes a very valid point about the death penalty.. mistakes can be made.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0289992/

as for reinstating the death penalty..

i dont really care.. im not a criminal.. so i have nothing to worry about.

Thanks
    Karma Level

The only country in the western world daft enough to have the death penalty is the USA and apart from Texas nearly every state, where the death penalty remains, are thinking about a moratorium on capital punishment because they realise and all research proves that capital punishment is anything but a deterent.

Wanting to put someone to death because you feel that's what they deserve it is ok as long as you have an infallible justice system, but as recent years have proved, the justice system in this country is anything but infallable.

The Tories know that law and order is an issue they are traditionally strong on and they know its important to the middle classes, which is the vote they have to wrestle back from Labour if they are going to get back into power, but capital punishment isn't a cure and even if it was surely prevention is better than cure.

Seems fukin crazy to me that we gave up killing people 40 years ago because we realised it didn't work as a deterent and innocent people were being killed by the state, surely we would be taking a backwards step by even thinking of bringing back capital punishment.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by marcode
    Christ, how naive can you be m8? What about all the other people who weren't criminals who the police fitted up for murders they didn't commit? People who consider themselves immune to the effects of people lieing under oath or Police fabricating evidence should consider all the ordinary people just like them who have been wrongly convicted and have spent a considerable time behind bars.

Thanks
    Karma Level

this has all been good publicity for the tories - everyone's talkin about it . . . im just suprised how many people are for it.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Heres a good article with some startling facts and figures about miscarriages of justice................anyone who thinks we should bring back capital punishment should read this first and wonder how they would feel as a member of the family of a person who is wrongly convicted of serious crimes like murder or rape.

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/crime...764137,00.html

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by marcode
    thats why i voted no, because as a non-criminal you could still be accused and found guilty of a crime you didnt comit.

Thanks
    Karma Level

why dont they do it, look at the results. for a start ian huntley should be killed and this example would cut series crime rates.
    there are 10 tpyes of poeple in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't

Thanks
    Karma Level

we should bring it back, [B]BUT[\B] only if its in cases where there is no doubt... now do gooders argue new info could come to light but face it people like myra hindley and that Roy Whiting should be hung drawn quartered and shot. How can a person do that to a child!!! bring it back kill em it'd save us the £15,000 a year to keep em locked up and not to mention the other money to keep em safe and i can't believe these people have supporters!!! Myra Hinley had her own release group ya know ... they should do 3years. Another thing rather than introduce Maximum sentences... why not introduce MINIMUM sentences.....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast