Close

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Spraying Down's Syndrome pupils with air-freshener when they fart is wrong

Cops: Teacher went toot far

By MICHELE McPHEE and JOE WILLIAMS
    DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITERS

A Brooklyn elementary schoolteacher was removed from class and arrested on assault charges yesterday after a 10-year-old student with Down syndrome complained she doused him with air freshener when he passed gas.
    Jane Fasone, 58, a veteran teacher at Public School 72 in East New York, is accused of spraying the boy's buttocks and mouth and making him stand against a wall, sources said.

"It's hard to believe she would do something like that," said Phyllis Esposito, 55, Fasone's neighbor in Marine Park.

Esposito said Fasone, the married mother of two adult sons, has taught disabled children for years.

"She's a nice woman who goes to church every Sunday," Esposito said. Fasone refused to comment last night as detectives led her out of the Child Advocacy Center in downtown Brooklyn in handcuffs.

She was charged with third-degree assault and endangering the welfare of a child, police said. She was being held last night pending an arraignment.

Esposito said Fasone had been looking forward to making dessert for a Thanksgiving meal at the home of one of her sons. Now she may be spending the holiday in jail.

She was removed from the Shepherd Ave. school at 1 p.m. yesterday and reassigned to a regional school office pending the outcome of an investigation and hearing, Department of Education officials said.

Witnesses told police and school investigators that the boy passed gas inside the teacher's fourth-grade classroom on Nov. 19 about 1:30 p.m. The teacher allegedly pulled back the boy's pants and sprayed aerosol air freshener at his buttocks, school officials said.

She also allegedly sprayed the chemicals at his mouth before pushing him against a wall and making him stand up for 11/2 hours - until the end of the school day, school officials said.

The boy told his parents of the incident on Friday, and his father went to speak to the school's principal Monday, sources said.

Brooklyn child abuse cops took over the investigation and interviewed Fasone and several other witnesses, sources said.

With Tamer El-Ghobashy and Martin Mbugua

Originally published on November 27, 2003
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.nydailynews.com/front/sto...p-124740c.html
    “If I asked you to have sex with me, would the answer to that question be the same as the answer to this question?”

Thanks
    Karma Level

"She's a nice woman who goes to church every Sunday," Esposito said. Fasone refused to comment last night as detectives led her out of the Child Advocacy Center in downtown Brooklyn in handcuffs.

She was charged with third-degree assault and endangering the welfare of a child, police said. She was being held last night pending an arraignment

I wonder what she`ll get, 10 years, the 'chair'?
    only in america :nowords:

Thanks
    Karma Level

I wonder if the teachers defense lawyer is going to make a counter charge of assault to her nose from the stench of the fart ?:nowords:
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

i know what it feels like whenever i come out of the bathroom im made to feel like a second class citizen just cos i can make a stench that could kill king kong truth is im really proud of the smell and the effects its has on others ...bit much on a 10yr old thou i think we should all fart in a bag and send it to that teacher there wouldnt be enough air freshner lol

Thanks
    Karma Level

All this depends on just how stinky and putrid the fart in question was??
    "God is a comedian, playing to an audience who are too afraid to laugh...."