Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default play.com's £469,999 gift!!

just found this.. its bloody crazy!

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page...G&title=143712

Orders are required 1 year in advance. £100,000 non-refundable deposit required!

Description
    The Ultimate Toy! Introducing the World's first underwater sports car, GEMINI.

This is a serious offer for all you Millionaires out there, bored with the 'above water' experience.

GEMINI is a submarine designed as a recreational vehicle and has a depth range of 50m, even at this depth the pressure on the hatches is about 14 tonnes and the total pressure on the pressure vessel itself is about 125 tonnes. The operating depth is 50m as this is the maximum depth for breathing normal air which will enable users of the craft to flood the vehicle in the event of entanglement and escape the vehicle using normal breathing apparatus. The most interesting viewing is above 50m. It has all the components of a large submersible namely:- surface buoyancy tanks, trim tanks, lead trim, lead acid batteries, life support systems, front and rear hydroplanes, a rudder and a very sophisticated control system consisting of a PLC (Programmable Logic Controller) and many electrically operated solenoid valves, pneumatic actuators, stepper motors, encoders and several electrical power systems. Its estimated forward speed is 4 - 6 knots and when the surface buoyancy tanks are fully blown will have freeboard of 300 - 400mm. There have been several attempts to build recreational submersibles but due to the complexities of driving these vehicles and being able to carry out the many sequences of operations it has only been possible with the advent of modern control systems that these vehicles are a practical proposition. A modern submersible is more complicated than a small aircraft and is operated in a much more hostile environment. It also has to carry all necessary life support as well as resisting huge forces.

The 2 man GEMINI sub uses up to date technology and modern materials to create a stunning underwater vehicle for the new millennium. The pressure vessel is torispherical in configuration with a volume of 1500L. All the main control options are on a joystick control, positioned between the occupants so that both may pilot the craft.

Great for: Recreational use to view the underwater world safely and to enjoy the wonders of the coral reefs and other clear warm venues ; For people who can't dive conventionally ; Educational establishments and environmental agencies to monitor marine ecology ; Tropical venues where there are no small vehicles to carry 2 to 10 persons, these resort submersibles could be used to carry persons that do not dive to view the underwater world. Gemini could be purchased by individuals or leased, for this purpose because the cost of the Gemini is proportional to large submersibles on a head carrying basis ; Gemini is an excellent filming platform ; Military uses could include carrying special operation forces ashore ; It can be launched from any slipway in a marina and can be launched from a large yacht 30M plus ; With a small floating twin boom pontoon it can be moored off.

Not only a toy, so much more!
    if i had the money id buy one, if i put some spare change togerher i might buy two so i can have a race around my lake!! :nowords:
    Meh....

Thanks
    Karma Level

I've put my name down for 2
    I am a loud man with a very large hat. This means I am in charge

Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Saw this at the science museum last month. pretty damn cool.
    PM

Thanks
    Karma Level

that's some GADGET! but seriously for that price I'd expect a colour selection at least lol .....

Thanks
    Karma Level

I can sort the colour selection out

We where gonna have a nuclear sub but not very good politics considering the current climate